Rpd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rpd

Hey quick question: Why is TWD not showing RPD anymore?

And is there any possible way to get RPD listed in ?go base games?

I know as a regular shark I would appreciate that stat being listed because it *does* give some sense of how well a shark is performing.
    3:sarger> the expression on her face said "ez" but the "arms" said "IMPOSSIBLE"

For some reason, this guy decided to post the entire wiki (or other) on pancakes. -Aquatiq

speaking of reps per death, man it pisses me off when i've used all three but then i grab a green just as i'm dying and never have a chance to get off the fourth rep.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

i just hit ctrl-shift as i'm picking up any green to try and avoid that from happening, but it does happen and when it does.. it sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
        speaking of reps per death, man it pisses me off when i've used all three but then i grab a green just as i'm dying and never have a chance to get off the fourth rep.
        Yah def

But I do like the 7 rep series that happens ever so rarely but changes the tide of any fr battle drastically.

Comment

last base game when i was sharking, i had 3 reps left, but i rushed forward and laid a mine, which got a tek, but i died.

RPD's don't matter that much kiddies.
          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

PaulO, you forgot to update your forum squad tag. Good luck finding a squad where everybody will high five when they lose.
            You ate some priest porridge

Comment

How about a squad who's captain doesn't pull multiple people down when they're losing, and just kill the entire morale. I don't care about losing, I never have, but losing because of a captain being a child? Yah, I'm sorry I do.

Comment

lmfao i suppose hes talking about mouse? he will be the death of pandora, as will eelam lener and dj

Comment

I find the RPD thing kind of useless because it doesn't show how a shark spaces his rep. You could attach, rep 3 times in 5ms and always have +3 RPD, it won't be helping your team much.
                  You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Yeah ... you can't really quantify how well a shark is playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
                      Yeah ... you can't really quantify how well a shark is playing.
                      actutually you can

Reps per death would work.

If however it was the entire teams deaths (all team mates deaths and sharks added together)

Say shark reped 3 time entire game and team died 20 times that would be much better than a shark that reped 20 times and team died 20 times. idk just an idea
                      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

That's way too situational. Any statistic for sharks are way too situational. You can never count on how many kills you're going to get or how much space you're going to put between reps.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                          last base game when i was sharking, i had 3 reps left, but i rushed forward and laid a mine, which got a tek, but i died.

RPD's don't matter that much kiddies.
                          Well most of the time you dont rush infront of the terr and dies with 3 reps left. Most of the time you are either attacking cram or defending it, and thats when its important.

Comment

Like I said, RPD only shows part of the picture.

But I think it does show a valuable part of the picture - to be a consistent and strong shark, getting all your repels off most of the time is extremely important.

Naturally, it's how you use it - but in situations where you're attacking a cram - or defending a cram, each repel is vital. By having a stat that shows how each shark is performing on average, a picture of how the shark is doing does begin to emerge.

Having the statistic doesn't show exactly how well the sharks are doing, but I do believe that RPD isn't worthless and can account for around 40 - 50% of the shark's skills.

And it's nice to have something where squad sharks can be competitive.

I like the stat and would like it back - and to see it in go base - and so far, most of the folks (paul excluded) who have said they think it's worthless aren't really shark players.
                            3:sarger> the expression on her face said "ez" but the "arms" said "IMPOSSIBLE"

For some reason, this guy decided to post the entire wiki (or other) on pancakes. -Aquatiq

Comment

i really don't care about the stat itself. it moreso just pisses me off that i had one more rep that i could've done something with but lag/timing/whatever prevented me from getting it off.

shark stats will always be useless. sharks have the single most undefined (or perhaps over-defined depending on how you look at it) role in all of basing, and you can't start looking at what a ship is doing when there are umpteen expectations as to what said ship needs to be doing in a given situation to help the team.
                              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X