No announcement yet.

Challenging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thnk they should play twl squads to give an idea on how well they stack up. also it might give thme ideas on strategies on how to play better.
    To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
    brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

I believe Myth mentioned eventually challening other squads through one central bot, so a captain or assitant would just message :TWDBot:!javchallenge pr :TWDBot:!duelchallenge and it would wait for a short time, say 15 minutes, to accumalate a challenges, and then pair off the people who want to play according to their rating so that the closer rated people play each other.

Is that how it's going to work Myth?
      I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Webbb Llama v1.5
        I believe Myth mentioned eventually challening other squads through one central bot, so a captain or assitant would just message :TWDBot:!javchallenge pr :TWDBot:!duelchallenge and it would wait for a short time, say 15 minutes, to accumalate a challenges, and then pair off the people who want to play according to their rating so that the closer rated people play each other.

Is that how it's going to work Myth?
        more or less.

TWDBot will keep a list of squads that are available to play a game of that Division. An assistant/captain should notify the bot every 30 minutes that they are still willing to play.

Comment

Malla, because the twl squads are usually higly ranked, the non-twl squads get more points if they win. If they lose, they don't lose much about any points. =) And many twl squads don't play fully focused. (I look at the basing ladder and see disoblige ranked at #17)
          Yes, it is true that if they play against a twl squad, they lose the advantage of dropping the other squad down a little, but so does everyone else. I don't think that any squad will stop playing against twl squads for this reason.
          If the non-twl squads didn't lose any points if they lose a match. Why would they ever play against any other squads than twl squads? =)
          I don't know excactly how the points are determined (maybe myth could answer this, or maybe myth has already answered this) but this system is used in lots of leagues:
          http://www.chessclub.com/help/ratings

Comment

Yes, Kuukunen we already discussed that.

See the topic ELO Rating system.
            Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

Aha, Ok.......I rest my case. Continuing would be stupid

Comment

Working...
              X