Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

replace TWSD with TWHD (hockey Division)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H I M
    Ever been to HZ lately? It's not alive until around 3pm EST and when it is alive there are around 50 people speccing in teamscrim. If someone from TW who is pretty much unknown in HZ wants to play then they need to hope some players are in pub because they won't get picked in TS. Pub games don't usually last that long, everyone else would rather be speccing in teamscrim for some reason.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. This and one other key thing, I know alot more people in TW than I do in HZ, and I'd rather play hockey games with people I know than people I've never seen before. On top of that, someone was saying that it's no big deal, just grab some people and tell them to go over to Hockey Zone. Easier said than done. Sometimes you cant even get 5 people to go to wbduel2 or base, let alone exit TW and go to HZ. If you've been over in HZ lately it seems their big new thing besides their MSHL is their basketball arena. If they dont have MSHL matches going on, people are playing in the basketball arena. You can't even go over to hockey zone anymore and just sit down and actually play a damn hockey game without having to be part of some team or knowing people in the zone very well.
    1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
    3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
    3:Best> see it coming
    3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
      It's easy. Form a TWHZ chat. Tell everyone who would normally play ?go hockey in TW at 3 PM to go to HZ and start a pub game. All you have to do is get a chat up and tell everyone to go to HZ to start up a game. It's really not that hard.
      Not that easy. I'm sure someone has tried that before not too long ago. As Reaver said you can hardly get people to base or wbduel without a zoner so I doubt first time players to HZ are going to leave TW and download another version of Cont.
      2:puker> gilder is any band bigger than metallica in your country
      2:gilder> if artist count, madonna, cause he was in finland once
      2:puker> he
      2:puker> maledonna
      2:Sika> whats metallica

Comment

Originally posted by H I M
        Not that easy. I'm sure someone has tried that before not too long ago. As Reaver said you can hardly get people to base or wbduel without a zoner so I doubt first time players to HZ are going to leave TW and download another version of Cont.
        Staff prob will not zone for hockey arena (note: will zone for a hockey event) the way you're proposing bc it's #vs# like ?go base. Not everyone who wants to play can.

The thing about dling Cont ... I dunno about you, but I think it's a poor reason to say that you're putting an unnecessary burden on the player to dl the latest Continuum to play HZ. Seriously ... code bot and do in-house TW dev for a hockey practice arena/bot or dl newest continuum ... I'd personally dl newest continuum. I only see very few advantages to creating an automated hockey arena in TW. These advantages don't seem to be enough to warrant the dev of something like this. But as I said before you guys do whatever you want since it's your time and energy not mine.
        Last edited by Sufficient; 04-25-2006, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Well I'm done debating.
          Last edited by Sufficient; 04-25-2006, 12:56 PM.

Comment

We'd have to give props to HZ, which in turn would give HZ'ers a greater reason to come to our zone and boast.
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.
            . â–²
            ▲ ▲

Comment

I'd rather not have a bunch of hockey zone assholes running around talking shit about strikeball.

Comment

it's #vs# like ?go base. Not everyone who wants to play can.
                When that happens in ?go base you have the option of base2 and/or if you are in a squad that likes to base then you can play a few BD games. If you don't get picked in ?go hockey but want to play then the only option is go to HZ which is dead and unless you are a captain of a league team you're more than likely going to be sitting in spec.

The thing about dling Cont ... I dunno about you, but I think it's a poor reason to say that you're putting an unnecessary burden on the player to dl the latest Continuum to play HZ. Seriously ... code bot and do in-house TW dev for a hockey practice arena/bot or dl newest continuum ... I'd personally dl newest continuum.
                I never said it was a burden or even implied that. You are saying that if you want to play hockey go to HZ. Anyone who has never been will need to download a new version and put the files into the main cont folder. If someone doesn't know that or if they know jack shit about computers, then they're just going to be reading an error message before saying 'fuck it' and do something else. Also, you are putting words in my mouth with your point about an 'unnescessary burden' in coding new bots or downloading 0.39 pr. I don't know what you're getting at with this.

My point was that if anyone, who has never been to HZ before wants to play some hockey, they need to download, sort out the files and then sit in spec for a few hours or pray that pub is alive and the top rink isn't full. Also you need to put up with the HZ community that is 'newb-unfriendly.'

Originally posted by Kim
                We'd have to give props to HZ, which in turn would give HZ'ers a greater reason to come to our zone and boast.
                Just put 'Fuck you Arnk Dylie' in big letters on the map to appease them.
                Last edited by H I M; 04-26-2006, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arceo
                  The issue with this, as I see it, is that if TW implements a hockey league, it will probably kill HZ
                  I seriously doubt that will happen, and to be honest that's sort of an arrogant viewpoint.

Seriously though, how long has 39pr been out and people still don't have it?
                  Last edited by D1st0rt; 04-26-2006, 09:50 AM.
                  USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Are you serious? HZ is dead until night time, and by HZ being alive, do you mean 60 people sitting in a team scrim, 48 in spec watching 12 people play? While 15 other people play in pub, clueless as to how the game works?

TWHD is a good idea, if squads are interested, I would be down. But like someone suggested, yea add our own settings. Make it a little bit more fast paced, more killing involved. Sort of a mutated Hockey, but still keeping the fundamentals in place.

That or start a proball league, since powerball leagues are dead anyways. There would be no conflict, and it's cake to pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by returnoftheapt
                      Make it a little bit more fast paced, more killing involved. Sort of a mutated Hockey, but still keeping the fundamentals in place.
                      This is a great idea. We could get rid of goalies too and call it speedball.

Comment

Last I checked hockey already has a zone, and that's the long and short of it...

Comment

Ever tried to get a game going recently?

Comment

Originally posted by wadi
                            Last I checked hockey already has a zone, and that's the long and short of it...
                            Did you read any of my replies or are you just replying with whatever you think of first?
                            1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                            3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                            3:Best> see it coming
                            3:Best> sad

Comment

Dude, fuck hockey. Strikeball is tha new steez.
                              Originally posted by turmio
                              jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                              Originally posted by grand
                              I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

twhockey = gay
                                Originally posted by Diakka
                                Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Working...
                                X