TWDD-Extreme Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doc Flabby
    close range kills are an art in themselves.

The closer you are to someone the less "luck" comes into, if u cant hit someone from 1 inch away its your skill that is lacking, its not lack of luck.

Getting close to someone without them killing you is a skill in itself. Rushing can be avoided, and rushers if they mess up a rush are ez to kill.

Where as from a screen away you could a shot that happens to hit someone cos u aimed in the general direction (ie aimed radar shooting) and they forgot to dodge.
    Knowing the theory is nice, but I never saw anyone from $FLABBYS$ get a positive score ever. And weren't you on the bottom of the DD ladder? Shame that the squad died though, people played against you in DDs to feel good.

I think friendly fire would be more fun in spiders, it's too fatal in WBs.
    DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
    Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
    Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
    -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

friendly fire would definitely spice things up. However, It would be better if your allies still stayed in yellow color on screen, and on radar, so you can still distinguish your team from the opponent's team, but still be able to kill them.
      1:Da1andonly> korven plays subspace from a 1978 microwave

Grab a piece of paper. Place a dot in the middle of it. Draw a small circle around the dot, and leave the rest open. The dot represents your knowledge. It's what you know. It is the limit of your mind's capacity. The circle around the dot is everything that you don't know - but you know that it exists. And the rest of the paper is everything that you didn't even know that you'd never know - that exists or has the potential to exist.

Comment

With the game's code it's impossible to do it where you're on same freq and show up same color on radar, we could have two different colored warbirds for on-screen recognition though.
        Ban Ikrit

Comment

terrible idea

twdd is a team based game, i can only see this possible if you test it in twbd first and if people like it after that
          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

It's still a team game Jones, you just aren't on the same frequency as your team so your bullets kill them (friendly fire) hence the "Extreme" part.
            Ban Ikrit

Comment

Originally posted by Ikrit
              I was reading some of the Murphey's Laws of Combat Operations and came across one that was like "friendly fire... isn't" and was wondering what DD's would be like if everyone was on their own freq so you try to work with your squad but can kill them. We could maybe offer a point multiplier for these games, like you get/lose 1.5x the normal points if you play the DD as extreme.

Discuss
              fuck that
              4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
              4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
              4:Geio> DEEZ?
              4:Geio> LOLOL
              4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
              4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
              4:spirit> LOL
              4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
              4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by Jones
                terrible idea

twdd is a team based game, i can only see this possible if you test it in twbd first and if people like it after that
                Agreed. That, and players would not be able to utilize their sniping skills.
                1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                1:Cower> Sword
                1:Kthx> ok
                1:Cower> Axe
                1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                1:Cower> ?
                1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Maybe a way to solve the radar issue would be for one team to spawn with a bounty of 3 and the other team to spawn with a bounty of 200. Then in your options you put 'target bounty=200' so your team would be the light blue dots, and your enemy in the dark blue dots, or vice versa.
                  Dunno if you can start with different bountys for different freqs though

Comment

I was thinking of something similiar to "extreme" mode. But, I called it "Grudge Match". After a normal match, you can opt to have a rematch with the squad, with any of the given stipulations:

1. Double or Nothing: Win to get your points back, or the opposing team gets double.

2. UFC Battle: Each team does Best out of 3 Games of UFC. The Capt/Assist drops in their players, 1 at a time, 1 death and you spec. First to 4 (or 5, depending if it was a 4v4 or 5v5 game) wins. (This game will only net you 1/2 the points of a normal fight, though.)

3. Team Ban Duel: Losing squad cannot play TWD Games for a 24 hour period after the loss.

4. True Ban Duel: Losing squad's rostered players, for the match (Ie: Just the players, in game for the deciding round) will be banned from Trench Wars for a day.

5. Boxout: The match plays out as normal, only the arena becomes increasingly smaller by the minute.

I think this would make for some interesting "Do you got the balls to do that again?" type of situations. When the stakes get raised to player/team banishment, might find something more entertaining.
                    Last edited by Dameon Angell; 04-29-2006, 05:25 AM.
                    DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by RATTY...
                      Knowing the theory is nice, but I never saw anyone from $FLABBYS$ get a positive score ever. And weren't you on the bottom of the DD ladder? Shame that the squad died though, people played against you in DDs to feel good.

I think friendly fire would be more fun in spiders, it's too fatal in WBs.
                      flabby isnt dead.

enough said.

and we ARE midtable in dd

we are bottom in bd

and we were 2nd in sd last time we played sd.
                      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                        I was thinking of something similiar to "extreme" mode. But, I called it "Grudge Match". After a normal match, you can opt to have a rematch with the squad, with any of the given stipulations:

1. Double or Nothing: Win to get your points back, or the opposing team gets double.

2. UFC Battle: Each team does Best out of 3 Games of UFC. The Capt/Assist drops in their players, 1 at a time, 1 death and you spec. First to 4 (or 5, depending if it was a 4v4 or 5v5 game) wins. (This game will only net you 1/2 the points of a normal fight, though.)

3. Team Ban Duel: Losing squad cannot play TWD Games for a 24 hour period after the loss.

4. True Ban Duel: Losing squad's rostered players, for the match (Ie: Just the players, in game for the deciding round) will be banned from Trench Wars for a day.

5. Boxout: The match plays out as normal, only the arena becomes increasingly smaller by the minute.

I think this would make for some interesting "Do you got the balls to do that again?" type of situations. When the stakes get raised to player/team banishment, might find something more entertaining.
                        5. Do you mean this as making doors first all open, then them closing from the outerside, then starts coming to inside. How small would it go? Spawnpoint needs to be so you dont get outside the arena at any point, remember that.

2. This wouldnt work on TWDD imo, maybe make it an own division/league?

Anyways, nice ideas Dameon, others I can agree fully.

hHowever players could play team ban duel when they're about to all go offline and then just ignore it all, go to sleep, and tomorrow at the same time they could play again. Perhaps make the players who played in that team ban duel, get banned from TWD for 24 hours, and others players could still play. Would this give any extra points?
                        3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                        3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                        3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                        3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                        3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                        3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                        3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                        3:Shadowmere> LOL
                        3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                        Shadowmere> Rofl
                        Up in ya !> With his feet
                        Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                        Up in ya !> l44t feet
                        Deft> l44t f44t*
                        Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                        Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

1. Double Points on the Ban Duel
                          2. The arena will start wide open, normal size. But, every minute, it'll go in by a few tiles. The end result will be that there is a small box around the spawn zone.
                          DELETED

Comment

hell no
                            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                            1:waven> is if im going to prison
                            1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

I liked the idea about that target bounty thing, that'd work nice for radar problems...

For Dameon's idea about the smaller thing, we wouldn't necessarily need doors to close the arena down, could have it be like fallout except you get warped instead of spec'd.

Edit: seconds after posting I realize that the warp thing could be abused by people trying to get avoid getting killed.
                              Ban Ikrit

Comment

I'd forget who is on my team :-/ Banners would finally be important.

Comment

Working...
                                X