This shit is starting to get retarded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well...make some commands like ordering a bot

e.g..there will be a bot where it can keep status, which then we make a command if we have the powers like !nextbot and it comes to the arena your in...if the bot is unavailable or busy with other matches the bot that keeps the status will PM you.

Comment

Re: Re: this shit is starting to get f*cked up

Originally posted by Vihta
      First I would like to say that TWD is the best thing ever in TW. Like with all new systems there are bugs and stuff that never come up during testing...

How do suppose to manage that? now let's see... In the link the matchID for one of the latest game is 2642 and in an earlier game its ~1800. That would make over 800 games played during these 2 weeks. Over 50 games per day on average. Tell me..what amount of ERs is needed to host over 50 games per day every day? Even if you had zillion ERs it would be very annoying..first we (Elusive) have to ask around 20 squads to get someone to play us and then we would have to harass an ER to host it...
      Vitha has a point there....

Comment

The point is, the bot work fine.. There isnt really a prob with the bots. It just when there are like 500+ people in tw, de connection wich connects the bots to TW, starts to lag, just like the connection of most people in TW. and That is the only prob really, I think the connection of the bots is like the same as mine.. I got cable, and my provider is Essent, Essent is pretty fucked up lately, and I get dced like 10 times a day, sometimes its down for half an hour. So I dont think there is a big problem with the bots itself, just the connection. And I think that the idea, of making a different TWserver, for leagues, so there is less lag, might help for the bots 2. Becuase they are just on the same connection as we are. You dont see us post a thread, when tera lags like hell.
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

The bots don't work fine. They still have bugs unrelated to the connection your on. IE they haven't been functioning for the last couple days.

:MatchBot:!challenge <squadname>
          Matchbot> Your ?squad and your squad on the TWD roster do not match

(or something to that effect)

Comment

Most prob have to do with connection, maybe not all of them, but alot do.
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Why not host each division bots in a different machine?
              I doubt it'll happen though.
              Underpants gives us great advices:

Underground> Dont die
              Underground> And you win!

Comment

I hate everything
                Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Tobe pallies arent to far behind paladen must be something w/ the PAL in the squadname
                  _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Hm. Palisade..... sounds good...
                    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

The bots are just bugged...i think

Comment

Originally posted by Tobe
                        Paladen is alrdy doing that for us...
                        Huh? Think so? I don't, ie. I am not on staff.

Comment

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet but did no one notice that the Title of this topic spells "Retarded" wrong?

oh the Irony...
                          Tigerex

Comment

haha tiger...

And I'm completely neutral on the situation (that means i'm squadless anyways and have no reason to give a flying fuck). Though i definately did appreciate the work that was put towards those bots. They work pretty damn well considering how many duels work out flawlessly..
                            Kthx> Does JB Inc pay his child support with pub bux?

Undisputed Pre-Menstral Super-Bitch Internet Kickboxing Champion 2005

Comment

The bots are working fine

Comment

I am grateful for the work that has been put into making TWD a reality. We hear talk about Trench Wars being the zone for talentless newbies, and then TWD comes along and allows anyone to raise the level of competition as far as they want to take it.

It's pretty amazing that SubSpace exists at all, unfortunately imperfections abound. Many of the imperfections adversely effect TWD matches, either by chance or purposely.

Personally, I believe that some people are lagging out the bots on purpose, some people are "adjusting" their connection to obtain an advantage, and many of the teams lower on the ladder are honest teams that are being taken advantage of. I also think that as long as the possibility for lagging out the bots and lag cheating exists, it will be used to it's fullest advantage by a fair percentage of players.

Unrelated to cheating, we also observe a fair amount of oopses in the design of the bots themselves, the database behind TWD, and the TWD web site. These glitches are causing inaccuracies and frustration.

People are discovering new glitches all the time, and of course many are asking themselves "can this knowledge give my squad an advantage?"

My point is not to discredit the development that has been accomplished. It's marvelous, and guess what, none of us players give the developers a dime to make it happen. However, cyber-reputations are at stake, for whatever that is worth. Ultimately, I believe that official TWD scoring was started WAY too early. I know we were all anxious to make TWD real, but TWD has flaws and cheat vulnerabilities that have not been resolved to the point where any sort of honest "Ladder" of squad capability can be derived from it.

Should we start over when the majority of problems with TWD are finally worked out? Everyone back to 1000 points? I see a lot of people being unhappy with that solution as well, of course. So where do we go from here.... I hope someone has the answer, because I do not.

Comment

Working...
                                X