Fix the bots, or shut down the league.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yung
    i would like to make an announcment, deathrow is right, we did lag the bot out. Some of you may not know this, but epi is in fact mythrandir, and he coded a command (!elusiveloosing) into the bot, that lets us bail out of a game after we loose a round. Elusive would like to apologise for cheating in order to win.

It occured to my squad that some people might actually believe that, so just to make sure, it is a joke.
    see that was only funny the first time.
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

there was a first time?
      ROCKING MY OWN WORLD SINCE PUBERTY.

Comment

Drow, perhaps you shouldn't make accusations when you don't have anything to back it up with. Also, maybe someone might even take you seriously if you bothered to capitalize and use coherent sentence structure. In case you haven't noticed, this is a message board not a chat room.

Comment

the bots have a fairly large workload, and they are used almost constantly on weekends. of course they are going to lag out. stop your whining and play the game again some other time. there are 70 squads in twdd, 40 in jav and base. theres no friggin way you'd have enough hosts to run an efficient league. no matter how you scheduled it. and from the volume of games that do get played, and the pretty amazing website we should probably be thanking the people that put this all together instead of shitting on it because some of our games don't get recorded. don't be such spoiled little pansies, you can not possibly expect perfection. TWD allows more people than ever to get in on the action. And what would be the point of shutting it down? then NO ONE would get to play ANY games. Get off myths back you ungrateful pricks.
          Last edited by Bigwig; 01-25-2003, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Re: ffs

Originally posted by death row
            I don't.. know for sure if they lagged the bot out or what..
            I assume Arcane doesn't read well. Because if he goes back to my previous, post I said "I don't know for sure". Hell, you guys might not have lagged it out, thats great. But it has been done before, by people and that is why I mentioned it. Don't get paranoid, my frustration was directed to the bot not Elusive. And if you honestly think otherwise, well then you're an idiot. =(
            RaCka> how can i get you here
            death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
            RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
            death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

It sucked when bot died out twice in a row. What was worse was all the flaming that resulted inbetween squads, mostly just anger about the bot. Elusive went on to play two base games after, both games matchbots lagged out, one with 1 minute left in game. The number of times the bots have lagged out, when we and I am sure many other squads are playing and winning, is very high. I guess this is what happens in the development stage of a league.

"Hell, you guys might not have lagged it out, thats great. But it has been done before, by people and that is why I mentioned it. Don't get paranoid, my frustration was directed to the bot not Elusive. And if you honestly think otherwise, well then you're an idiot. =("

Your frustration was initially directed at elusive, maybe you have rethought it now, but earlier today, you were going off, then again so were quite alot of other players from both squads. To clear up any misconception, and you seem to have one when you say "you guys might not of lagged it out" we did not lag bot out, that is not something Elusive would do in any case. We are here to play competively, if we lose we will just come back to win again, we have no reason to do otherwise and frankly anybody/squad that would purposefully lag out a bot deserves to be banned and removed.

All I can say is I look forward to TWL, where you have competitive organized games, with somewhat more reliable bots, rating systems based on win-losses and not number of games played. At same time I appreciate TWD, it has given many people alot more time to play, and led to all squads getting chance to play in leagues, and made a more time efficent league. Hopefully bot problems will be improved soon.

Rule
              Last edited by Rule; 01-26-2003, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent Lott
                The way the last 3 seasons were previously hosted without nearly as many problems as this one. Hosts showed up on the weekends and reffed pre-scheduled games. Maybe that means that squads could not play 93208994389 games, but people knew a) when to show up, b) who they would face/how it would change their standing, and c) reassurance that there would be a referee.

The bots have not been able to provide that, not yet anyways, and should not be "in charge" of an official league until they are thorougly tested.
                You sir have gotten TWD and TWL mixed up. TWL will have hosted matchs by refs on the weekends on pre-assigned times.

-Epi
                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                www.animeslice.com

Comment

bitch all you want but the system is sweet

question: how much playing and basing/duelling were you really doing at a competitive level before the bots went up?

a little #myth maybe?

most wandering around bored?

the bots have been great for TW all round....lots of squads are gelling and trying to become competitive and having some fun

i bet the average all round level in TW has been elevated over the last few weeks since this was incorporated

everyone says why dont they run more tests?

thats what they are doing lol....These are the tests! save your nasty competitiveness for TWL and realize the long-term benefit of what dock and myth are doing here....

enabling all squads to play competitively if they can grow to field rosters

Maybe a quick question to Myth and/or Dock??

to control the lag, or to prevent a massive overload on a bot....would a cap on the max number of spectators be feasible? or too hard to do? or not worth the effort ?

ive noticed a couple games where everything is fine....then people see a match is on so they start coming in to watch and all of a sudden instead of about 15 people in the arena there can be a whole lot more...and everyone starts lagging more...

would capping that at 20 on a duel arena and maybe 25-30 on a basing arena be a help on the bot? or is it zone wide thats affecting it? not the individual arenas?

just a thought....

i for 1 am much appreciative of their work and if us playing and havin a few matches lag out is the cost of them trying to filter out the bugs...so be it....in the long run it makes TW a better place to play

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Re: bitch all you want but the system is sweet

Originally posted by Bosshawk

to control the lag, or to prevent a massive overload on a bot....would a cap on the max number of spectators be feasible? or too hard to do? or not worth the effort ?

ive noticed a couple games where everything is fine....then people see a match is on so they start coming in to watch and all of a sudden instead of about 15 people in the arena there can be a whole lot more...and everyone starts lagging more...

would capping that at 20 on a duel arena and maybe 25-30 on a basing arena be a help on the bot? or is it zone wide thats affecting it? not the individual arenas?

just a thought....
                    That would not work for two reasons:
                    1. If you lag out you may not be able to get back in the arena.
                    2. There may not be enough room in an arena for squadmembers to watch their own team play
                    I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

hmm yes good point....thought about that too after i posted
                      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigwig
                        the bots have a fairly large workload, and they are used almost constantly on weekends. of course they are going to lag out. stop your whining and play the game again some other time. there are 70 squads in twdd, 40 in jav and base. theres no friggin way you'd have enough hosts to run an efficient league. no matter how you scheduled it. and from the volume of games that do get played, and the pretty amazing website we should probably be thanking the people that put this all together instead of shitting on it because some of our games don't get recorded. don't be such spoiled little pansies, you can not possibly expect perfection. TWD allows more people than ever to get in on the action. And what would be the point of shutting it down? then NO ONE would get to play ANY games. Get off myths back you ungrateful pricks.
                        Couldnt agree more
                        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I havent read all posts in this thread but I want to add one thing: I cannot stand all the complaints. There are people working their butts of to keep this league running. You guys whine for every single day you cant play a match but you forget that in the old days only one or two matches were played per week!!! Only on friday, saturday and or sunday. So instead of whining when bots have been lagged, be thankful for the fact that you actually can play a match whenever you want. And if you really dislike the bots and the leagues, dont play it then. Leagues are there for fun and if you cant have fun make your own league, which is possible, or just dont play this league. Afterall Elusive is already placed in TWL.

Keep up the good work Myth and Dock! (and the other helpers)
                          .: ExquisiteHosting.com
                          .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
                          zzz

Comment

Originally posted by Nasir
                            I havent read all posts in this thread but I want to add one thing: I cannot stand all the complaints. There are people working their butts of to keep this league running. You guys whine for every single day you cant play a match but you forget that in the old days only one or two matches were played per week!!! Only on friday, saturday and or sunday. So instead of whining when bots have been lagged, be thankful for the fact that you actually can play a match whenever you want. And if you really dislike the bots and the leagues, dont play it then. Leagues are there for fun and if you cant have fun make your own league, which is possible, or just dont play this league. Afterall Elusive is already placed in TWL.

Keep up the good work Myth and Dock! (and the other helpers)
                            and again, couldnt agree more.. Tho my fingers are really starting to itch now. I wanna play too :P
                            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

monkeys have hairy asses

1) Complaining about complaints is even more compelling than just plain complaining.

1) TWD is a big, fat, free gift of a horse, so what are you doing checking out its bad teeth? Much like a tree falling in the forest when nobody hears it, the bot's lagging out doesn't bother you if you don't use it. Maybe sims online is more your speed? I hear you can make your guy sim kiss other guy sims. Isn't that intriguing?

3) Yes, it's true. Monkeys have hairy asses. Some of them even have red hairy asses. You can check out their red hairy butts on the Discovery channel if you have cable, but to really appreciate just how hairy those monkey asses are you really should go to your local zoo. Plus it's good to have an old copy of National Geographic in your totebag, for those moments on the bus, or at work, when you really positively just can't go for one more minute without seeing a monkey's hairy ass. You could even put a poster on your wall at home, right over your computer monitor, so you can play subspace and contemplate hairy monkey ass at the same time.

The apocalypse is coming. Try and look busy.

tCK
                              1:Pearl Jam> the gloves are for the prostitutes i'm going to hire
                              1:Pearl Jam> i'm going to make one of them shovel human feces into a wheelbarrow and run around with it
                              THE CRIMSO> that's more illuminative than jack's comment, but still pretty enigmatic
                              1:Pearl Jam> she'll have to wear a shirt that says "THE POOPSMITH" on it

Comment

Working...
                              X