A few ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few ideas

#1. Since you allow 4 and 5 player games, why not also allow 2 and 3 player games? However, you should change the max points to be 5 times the # of players that are playing (or something else), so if they would get 25 points in a 5 on 5, they would only get 10 points in a 2 on 2. This would also encourage more 5 on 5 games to take place since 4 on 4 wouldn't give as many points.

#2. When challenging, would it be a good idea to give the ability to specify how many points you are willing to wager in addition to the default amount? You may have to limit the amount you can bet since I'm sure a lot of squads will just bet it for the hell of it.

#3. It would be nice if the game would auto-cancel if one team doesn't have enough players in the first round. That way, we don't have to worry about the other team being an ass and sticking in all their players right before time runs out.

#4) A squad needs to be able to challenge multiple squads at the same time (perhaps max 5 squads per time).

Example: !challenge Mambo/Crazy/Grapevine:4
    3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
    3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
    3:i.d.> da fk is that?
    3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
    3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
    3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
    3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
    3:Shadowmere> LOL
    3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
    Shadowmere> Rofl
    Up in ya !> With his feet
    Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
    Up in ya !> l44t feet
    Deft> l44t f44t*
    Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
    Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by kthx
      #5. If you go 0-15 in any two starting TWL-D games you can't post ideas on forums anymore, you pokemon loving nerd.
      This coming from a guy who can only do good if he cheats.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalKid View Post
        #3. It would be nice if the game would auto-cancel if one team doesn't have enough players in the first round. That way, we don't have to worry about the other team being an ass and sticking in all their players right before time runs out.
        I just very recently somewhat fixed this problem. For now TWD ops, Smods and Sysops can !killgame's if an (A) or (C) from both team's agree's. That's the temporarily solution, I eventually want to add an additional feature to the matchbot so that the players themselves can kill the game. One captain or one assistant from each team issues !killgame to the matchbot, it kills the game.

I'll need to give more thought to your other two idea's but I have to go right now.
        1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
        3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
        3:Best> see it coming
        3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
          I just very recently somewhat fixed this problem. For now TWD ops, Smods and Sysops can !killgame's if an (A) or (C) from both team's agree's. That's the temporarily solution, I eventually want to add an additional feature to the matchbot so that the players themselves can kill the game. One captain or one assistant from each team issues !killgame to the matchbot, it kills the game.

I'll need to give more thought to your other two idea's but I have to go right now.
          watch out for this situation: Squad A does !killgame and Squad B refuses to because they want some points. Squad A then has a 4th show up and plays the round, winning by a healthy amount when Squad B types !killgame to the bot to stop their loss. thats the way it works with addplayer so that would be really lame if it worked with that command
          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

#1. Since you allow 4 and 5 player games, why not also allow 2 and 3 player games? However, you should change the max points to be 5 times the # of players that are playing (or something else), so if they would get 25 points in a 5 on 5, they would only get 10 points in a 2 on 2. This would also encourage more 5 on 5 games to take place since 4 on 4 wouldn't give as many points.

#2. When challenging, would it be a good idea to give the ability to specify how many points you are willing to wager in addition to the default amount? You may have to limit the amount you can bet since I'm sure a lot of squads will just bet it for the hell of it.

I agree with ideas #1 and #2 but i'm not sure about #3.
            CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

very good points mk
              I especially like the wager part, that should definitely be implemented
              1:Da1andonly> korven plays subspace from a 1978 microwave

Grab a piece of paper. Place a dot in the middle of it. Draw a small circle around the dot, and leave the rest open. The dot represents your knowledge. It's what you know. It is the limit of your mind's capacity. The circle around the dot is everything that you don't know - but you know that it exists. And the rest of the paper is everything that you didn't even know that you'd never know - that exists or has the potential to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                watch out for this situation: Squad A does !killgame and Squad B refuses to because they want some points. Squad A then has a 4th show up and plays the round, winning by a healthy amount when Squad B types !killgame to the bot to stop their loss. thats the way it works with addplayer so that would be really lame if it worked with that command
                Good point, I didn't actually consider that because I haven't found a person to code it yet. I probably would have thought to do that but now I don't have to.
                1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P

Comment

I don't really like your first suggestion. The TWD arena's are big, and designed for 4v4 or 5v5 action. On top of that If players want to do 2v2 they can do ?go tourny. TWD is the preparation along with qualification for TWL and 2v2 or 3v3 games only reduce the amount of teaming required.

I like your second idea, would be an interesting twist. Could have the positive effect of the game being more serious and fun or it could also have the negative effect of less valuable games being extremely uncompetitive. I'd definately want to get more feedback from the TWD players and TWD staff before I implemented anything like that. Although squad feeding has drastically declined, with that system in place we'd have to figure out a method for stopping that. Otherwise it would only make it that much easier for them.

Comment

I love you reav :wub: and yeah...the !killgame wouldnt work because squads would do it everytime if they lost a round...
                    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                      Originally posted by Ricko
                      I love you reav and yeah...the !killgame wouldnt work because squads would do it everytime if they lost a round...
                      Of course (like everyone who thinks about it for a while will understand), a !killgame request gets voided after the round starts. I don't see what the problem with !killgame is at all. Now you can get whored by idiot squads who add last second - even though they agree on cancelling. This is just as bad as your scenarios, even without the !killgame (with the bad implementation, the good one will solve this whole matter completely).
                      The hundred-names man

Comment

there definately needs to be a command that removes all challenges incase one member of your squad signs off and u dont have enough to play or something, make it like !removechallenges
                        Gun remembers.

Comment

That's a very cool idea. And i think it would be nice because it would give some of the squads more stuff to do when they can't get 5 players on at a time.

Though, there are some drawbacks. And i think a lot of people would abuse it. For one I used to love 5v5 squad duels, when they enabled 4 v 4 suddenly it was very difficult to find 5v5 anymore. Now i been playing again i haven't seen a single 5v5 yet. I'm afriad if they enabled 2 or 3's that you would soon not see as many 4's anymore. Sure you would see them for a while after implementation but eventually there would be less and less chances of finding a decent 4v4 duel.

Another problem is that you will start to see squads dominate with only a few players who actually play. What would be the fun if the top 5 squads all had only 2 people who actually played and all they did was 2v2, it would be difficult for a squad that wants to let all their members play to compete with 2 very good elite players.

So even though i love the idea.... I can see it's problems, and i think that we would possibly need to create a new bracket or devision for such a drastic change... In order to preserve the 4v4 matches that people enjoy now.

I liek changes but i found the more changes that have been implemented over hte last 2 or 3 years has seemed to have hurt squads more then anything. Before TWDD squads got together in private arena's and dualed it out between each other, and sometimes spectators would come, This all came with no bots controling the games, and very rarely would you get a jerk that comes in and trys to ruin it by staying past his 10 deaths and such. Noadays you cannot possibly have many squad duels like that these days. Don't get me wrong, i love leagues and stats and such, But it makes it harder on the squads now. Everyone is always worried about not dueling this squad becuase they are too far down the ladder and it might hurt us bad if we loose, but you can't duel this squad becuaes they are way to high up on the ladder and own, What happened to the days of just dualing a squad for fun?? To see how well you could do?

I remember when we used to challenge very hard squads, they sometimes decided not to duel just becuase it wasn't a challenge, But it was fun to see how well you could do against those elite squads. Now a newb squad would never challenge an elite squad and if so, that elite squad would accept in a heart beat just for an extra point. Endless they where worried about loosing 100 points for loosing then.

I don't know everything is just diffrent then it used to be.

I like the idea of 2v2 and 3v3 very much, but i'm afriad it may end up causing more problems then it's worth,

I like the idea of getting less points for a 2v2 duel though. 10 points for 2v2, 25 points for 5v5. But i actually think it should be a little diffrent then that, to encourage large games.

How about 10 poitns for 2v2, 17 for 3v3, 26 for 4v4, and like 30 for 5v5.

This would encourage people to play larger games for more points, while having 5v5 wouldnt' be too much more drastic then 4v4. That way there will still be a lot of 4v4 duals, and sometimes the lower 2v2 and 3v3 for less points, and occasonally the 5v5 dual for the extra 4 points?

I think that would help more then keeping it on a linear scale, to encourage more people to play and discourage squads from doing only 2v2 with their top 2 players.
                          Last edited by Zengrath; 10-31-2006, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X