TWD !cancel rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD !cancel rules

I think we can all agree that 99% of the squads in TWD wish to have as fair as possible games. Without anyway of a squad being able to take advantage of another in order to achieve extra points.

For those of you who do not wish to read the reasoning behind my madness, this is what I propose, for the rest of you please read what i have to say about these changes.

1. Automatically cancel a duel before first round if one or both squads do not have enough players.

2. Disable the ability to cancel a duel after first round is over with.

2.b. This is an alternative to 2, for those who think it's too harsh. Have the initial !cancel command given only to the squad who won the first round, after the initial !cancel is made, then the loosing team can opt to cancel the game all together.

This may sound odd but please think about it. How about a change to how the !cancel works. for one, this game like most online games is hard to get and expect players to be able to play through out an entire game without having something come up like an emergency and having to leave. That is fine. But too many squads take advantage of that by loosing the first round and making a squadmate log off or look like they don't have enough and ask for a !cancel. Now most the decent squads will sometimes cancel if they feel it's right, The bad part about it is the squads that take advantage of it will benefit while those who don't get screwed over on that.

Another thing, Why don't we have an automatic cancel of a game when one or both squads do not have the required 4 players to duel before first round starts. It's just too many ways that even a very good squad could loose a lot of very hard earned points to a simple mistake. For example someone having a power outage (which happened to me once or twice) and then that person not being able to get back right away, which would make a very good squad loose a lot of points and a bad squad gain a lot of free points.

Here is another example. I'm not going to disclose squad names but today i witnessed another good reason why we should make these changes. 2 squads today dueled it out in a TWD match. After the first round was won, the loosing squad lost one of their players after some hesitation, and asked if the duel could be canceled. The winning team was considering it but decided that since they won the first round they should be automatically considered to have won, especially since they won by a large margin. The loosing team seemed to been telling the truth but suddenly just as the time ran down they instantly had a squad member enter and join the game. They admitted that they where trying to get a cancel because of the loss of the first round rather then the real reason of being short a player. This is one very good reason why some things need to be changed in order to make TWD more fair for everyone.

Please think about it and make the right decision, to make TWD a more fair and less stressful league to play in .
    Last edited by Zengrath; 11-05-2006, 10:57 PM.

good idea
    there should also be a command like !removeallchallenges that removes any challenges you've made to any squad incase one of your players sign off and as your cancelling the matches, a squad accepts before u get the chance to cancel it
    Gun remembers.

Comment

I've always thought that as well Flared. But these new rules would make that problem go away as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Flared View Post
        good idea
        there should also be a command like !removeallchallenges that removes any challenges you've made to any squad incase one of your players sign off and as your cancelling the matches, a squad accepts before u get the chance to cancel it

ive proposed that to DA many times, doubt it will happen
        (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
        (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
        (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
        (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
        (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Originally posted by Heroin Bob View Post
          ive proposed that to DA many times, doubt it will happen
          Well then... propose this. It may be easier to code then adding a new command. But the more people who agree with it, the more of a chance someone will look into taking the time to get it implemented.

Comment

Seconded!

I AGREE

MODS:
            !cancel
            !removeallchallenges

ADD THESE NOW!
            The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
            SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

I see where you're going with your suggestions, but some of them aren't as clean cut as you may think.

Originally posted by Zengrath
              1. Automatically cancel a duel before first round if one or both squads do not have enough players.
              The main problem with this is that that will enable people to spam challenges to everyone without worrying that (more than) one will be accepted. Is it really fair that someone should be able to waste a squads time like that?

2. Disable the ability to cancel a duel after first round is over with.
              I don't see why this is a problem at all. Both teams would have to agree to cancel, so I don't see how it can be abused.

Another thing, Why don't we have an automatic cancel of a game when one or both squads do not have the required 4 players to duel before first round starts. It's just too many ways that even a very good squad could loose a lot of very hard earned points to a simple mistake. For example someone having a power outage (which happened to me once or twice) and then that person not being able to get back right away, which would make a very good squad loose a lot of points and a bad squad gain a lot of free points.
              I'm only familliar with TWBD, but is this really such a big problem in the other leagues? Usually, a respecable TWBD squad would agree to cancel before the game starts if the other team loses a player. See above, for my comments on your suggestion here, but it will not work like this. Too easy to abuse it.
              sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
                I see where you're going with your suggestions, but some of them aren't as clean cut as you may think.

The main problem with this is that that will enable people to spam challenges to everyone without worrying that (more than) one will be accepted. Is it really fair that someone should be able to waste a squads time like that?

I don't see why this is a problem at all. Both teams would have to agree to cancel, so I don't see how it can be abused.

I'm only familliar with TWBD, but is this really such a big problem in the other leagues? Usually, a respecable TWBD squad would agree to cancel before the game starts if the other team loses a player. See above, for my comments on your suggestion here, but it will not work like this. Too easy to abuse it.
                Just make it so that if you are the challenging squad and you cancel the match, you can't do any more challenges for 15 minutes, kind of like a penalty, even tho it isn't really a penalty since you didn't have enough to play, anyway. They could still accept challenges, tho.

If the accepting squad wants to cancel, then they can't accept any matches for 15 minutes. They can still challenge, though.

Now, if they abuse the system, they can't challenge or accept for 15 minutes. That way, they wouldn't be able to abuse more than twice. Now, if you want, you could increase the time limit to something more severe, like an hour. Its up to you, really. We really need the cancel feature!

Comment

!removechallenge already exists =)
                  so just dont challenge like crazy and you wouldnt need !removeallchallenge
                  1 + 1 = 1

Comment

if people are stupid enough to challenge in multiple arenas many different squads they deserve to lose twd points.

If you just stay in one arena you can spam as much as you want as only 1 game can be accepted.

The current system works fine. it rewards squads that are NOT retarded. Seriously when i was cap of flabby i only think i've ever had to cancel a 2 or 3 games and that was normally because of lag trouble. the current system works fine it rewards squads that dont act like dicks.
                    Last edited by Doc Flabby; 11-07-2006, 06:40 AM.
                    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

why not give a time limit on the !cancel command.. say like 5 minutes or something if both squads dont agree to cancel within 5 min then both are removed and its as if nothing happened

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Im not totally against these changes but I do have one thing to point out. Right now, captains and assistants are generally held responsible in a squad to make sure that your team has 4 players that can play. Now I know sometimes really odd things can happen where a player cant play because their IP address doesnt match or something else along those lines. Which is why TWD ops along with Smods are able to void matches. The reason why Im somewhat against allowing players to cancel matches is because it will hold those in charge less responsible so that they can get matches vs other squads and not really have to care that they have enough players to play. The proposed changes could have a direct effect on the quality of captains and assistants and as we all know, there are probably too many squads out there as it is with poor captains and assistants, whether it be because of getting matches with insufficient amount of players or other reasons. I believe Stabwound had already mentioned this, but it's not fair to the other squads to have their time wasted because of a poor decision. The reason why not all of staff can cancel games is because I'd prefer the amount of games to be cancelled to be low. That way people know when they start looking for matches they should be prepared to play. On top of that the chances for abuse are greatly reduced. If you challenge a squad for a 4v4, you should have 4 players ready to play, or if you accept a challenge. But just for the odd cases of something extremely bizarre happening, TWD ops and Smods will be available.
                        1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                        3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                        3:Best> see it coming
                        3:Best> sad

Comment

I agree with Reaver 100% here, unless he decides there is a better argument out there and decides to join up with it. This zone shouldn't have pads on the walls so newbies can't hurt themselves when they bounce around, either you learn, or you don't cut it and let someone else do it. I am completely against you putting a child safe cap on matchbots.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

True, I totally agree with your thoughts Reaver. It would be very frustrating to challenge a squad, then them not to have enough, and it to be canceled, then try another, and end up wasting a lot of time.

It's just that, TWL puts way to much pressure on squads. And the problem with games like this is that, everyone has a life, things come up all the time. It's easy to say well it's the assistants responsibility to make sure they have enough squad mates on to play a match. But the winners of TWL end up being those who have no other important things in life, and can ignore everything or have nothing that would interrupt their matches.

There is no way those who win TWL's have normal lives. Those squads with the most dedicated players and most understanding relatives, or roommates always have an advantage over those who don't.

So many times I've seen squads over and over loose points that took them a long time to acquire due to not always having a lot of people on, only to loose points because of someone in the squad having an emergency before the first round even begins, Therefore loosing their time and efforts of not just one game, But many games.

I'm sorry for making this post so long but it's hard. But it was just a thought. I was hoping this would work, or someone would think up something better. Or that something would be done to improve TWD and TWL. But at the moment i still think there can be a lot of improvements because right now.

It just annoys me because most people do not understand games. It's so hard to convince family you live with that a game or tournament game even is important to you enough for them to let you concentrate on a game, let alone even be able to play a game without having to leave. So many times me myself had to leave the computer or shut the game off because of way to much pressure from family, and I'm not the only one. I've quit the game so many times, and the #1 reason is because of the stress and pressure between squad mates and family. You have to choose between one or the other and I as well as most tend to choose family over squads.

I wish that putting up these rules would work, But i also understand even though it would make things more fair for those more casual squads to stand a chance, it would also waste even more time probably. Just one of those things that we have to live with i guess.

This is why i quit Subspace so many times, and probably going to quit again. I now only play single player games mostly again, due to them being savable, and being able to walk away at a moments notice. Unlike every single online game ever created . Sucks.

Comment

Life doesnt have a save point
                              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Working...
                              X