Stricten the lag limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stricten the lag limits

300ms laglimit in twd is ridiculous.... so many people abuse it playin at 250+ms, just below the laglimit, something has to be done bout this, cus you can't kill a person with a ping that high, he will just eat every shot and shoot bullets that appear half a screen away

I suggest making the laglimit somewhere between 200 and 250ms. 250ms is more than enough in my opinion. This will sift the lagcheaters and make the gameplay more fun and fair
    1:Da1andonly> korven plays subspace from a 1978 microwave

Grab a piece of paper. Place a dot in the middle of it. Draw a small circle around the dot, and leave the rest open. The dot represents your knowledge. It's what you know. It is the limit of your mind's capacity. The circle around the dot is everything that you don't know - but you know that it exists. And the rest of the paper is everything that you didn't even know that you'd never know - that exists or has the potential to exist.

if the lag goes far than 250 ms no brazillians would be allowed to play
    8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
    8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
    8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
    8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
    8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
    8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Which is a good thing, right?
      "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Continuum is an old game, if you compare it to newer games you'll notice that it handles lag alot worse. For instance, in World of Warcraft a good ping is 300 (in the green), and a bad ping is 700+ (in the red).

Anyway, the moral of the story is, Subspace is just an old sensitive game. And I seriously doubt you are going to change this.

I got sick of Continuum because of not being able to play, except I always had decent lag. I just spiked alot. I mean, I live in Canada for fucks sake. And I see Brazilians playing TWJD's when I am unable to. And not only do I live in Canada, I have high speed internet, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?

Comment

Originally posted by Pummel View Post
          Continuum is an old game, if you compare it to newer games you'll notice that it handles lag alot worse. For instance, in World of Warcraft a good ping is 300 (in the green), and a bad ping is 700+ (in the red).

Anyway, the moral of the story is, Subspace is just an old sensitive game. And I seriously doubt you are going to change this.

I got sick of Continuum because of not being able to play, except I always had decent lag. I just spiked alot. I mean, I live in Canada for fucks sake. And I see Brazilians playing TWJD's when I am unable to. And not only do I live in Canada, I have high speed internet, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?

Didnt i talk to you yesterday in game?
          4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
          4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
          4:Geio> DEEZ?
          4:Geio> LOLOL
          4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
          4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
          4:spirit> LOL
          4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
          4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
            Didnt i talk to you yesterday in game?
            Yes I came on yesterday in search of Diablo 2 players o.o

Comment

I have high speed internet, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?
              There is a difference between download speed, upload speed, and latency
              USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt View Post
                There is a difference between download speed, upload speed, and latency
                This I realize, but my ISP claims they excel in all areas.

Comment

i used to play d2 on regular basis pummel, had #1 bvb on east. still got some shit left but 2 of my accounts with mules got expired.

Anyway, about the lag limits, im getting sick and tired of stupid fucking brazilians, just like everyone else is. If they wana play with that kind of lag let them build their own server cuz personally im sick of players like mega newbie or elven who just lag everyone to death with their blind rush cuz u cant fukin hit them. Just watch mega newbie, would you really say he's as skilled as his TWD stats tell us? He can't dodge worth shit, all he's got is aim and lag, deadly combo. You can't even go snipe vs him, cuz he's jumpy on the radar, now i understand why deprecate lost to him in twel finals. And the way it effects the gameplay of his non-laggy opponents is unbelievable. You just get sick and bored of players like him. If they can't afford a better connection, who's fault is it? Life isn't fair. So yes lowering the lag limits, at least in TWD, would be more than appropriate to eliminate a bunch of fuckin laggots who shouldnt have been playing in the first place.
                  1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                  1:Cower> Sword
                  1:Kthx> ok
                  1:Cower> Axe
                  1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                  1:Cower> ?
                  1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Originally posted by schope View Post
                    if the lag goes far than 250 ms no brazillians would be allowed to play
                    so mege newbie, iron surviver, and ao vivo... Only one i care bout is iron, and he quit basically.
                    -Bubbles
                    Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
                    Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

well if you lower it the tw community will slowly die..... And to quote metallicas lyrics "sad but true"
                      Originally Posted by Izor
                      The best solution for this is to simply not play squads who have people caught cheating

everyone agree that once the staffers catch someone cheating they wont get to play, instead of evading the ban and rejoining that squad on an alias, then cheating again.
                      Originally Posted by Wark <ER>
                      My thought is, if you even suspect a certain player of cheating, I don't want that sort of attention to my squad, and would probaly blacklist them.

Comment

i agree

stricten the laglimits!!
                        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10
                        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Deductable View Post
                          well if you lower it the tw community will slowly die..... And to quote metallicas lyrics "sad but true"
                          Metallica
                          1:abbot> i think i played well
                          1:brookus> abbot last time i checked YOU lost
                          1:brookus> so im going to say that YOU sucked as well

7:Sleuth> HOW DO YOU FUCKS SAY CRACKER
                          7:Vue> WE SAY CRACKER
                          7:Vue> U DIPSHIT

7:Rampage Jackson> wtf are you guys drunk or 15?
                          7:Vue> lol jackson when sleuth is online everyone becomes 15

oar> i got rejected from Stray
                          oar> and both of their caps are on my personal chat
                          oar> but its ok

Comment

I don't necessarily think it's a good idea...a good player can change his strategy to play someone who lags, it's not too ridiculous.
                            Expunge> I'M EMO!!!!!!!
                            Dark_grim> are you crying and cutting your wrist right now?
                            Expunge> >.> <.<
                            Dark_grim> DIE EXPUNGE
                            Dark_grim> DIE
                            Expunge> lol
                            Dark_grim> die!!! -stabs you-
                            Dark_grim> -STABS HARDER-
                            Expunge> LMAO!

2: Dark_grim> _/\o/ Expunge \o/\_

1:caco <ER>> sorry, sweettitties
                            1:Expunge> LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Chao <ER>> I have a crush on left eye and I just host to impress her

Comment

You really can't compare continuum to WoW. Continuum requires precision while WoW does not. In WoW, you click the target and attack.. even if you are lagging or the target is, you keep attacking. In continuum, you shoot and thats all you get, there is no auto attack function. Continuum is extremely sensitive to lag as is any game that requires such a fine degree of human precision.

As for the making more strict lag limits? Why? I've played this game long enough to realize and accept that not everyone lives in North America and not everyone has a perfect connection. Not everyone can afford highspeed and thats fine with me. I've got no problems putting up with the lag of someone on dialup. This is an old and free game. I'm here to play but also to enjoy the community. What do all of you log in for?

Comment

Working...
                              X