Twd- A NEW Twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twd- A NEW Twist

So on another thread someone said we should make double squading legal. I said,"

Hmmm, yes, double squading made legal? I think that's poop.<_<

But about a different twist?:wub:

You have two periods in twd, one that just allows people to play.

And a second which you qualify for ladder points for twl.

(this is basically how it is now, where they reset the ladders when they say twl is comming, then they reset it another two times and say twl is comming soon, and we mean it this time, really.)

During the first offseason time period, modify the bots so caps can add players from their squad to a game, and also anyone else to their lineup. It'd be kinda like ?go base, but hopefully you'd be mostly playing with your squaddies, and maybe a couple others.

This could be good for a few reasons.

1. You can give people try outs in an easy manner without squad joining them.

2. If you need an xtra player or two for a match, boom, unlimited resources.

3. Pubbers can be pulled into games easier to give them a taste of twd and leagues.

4. Staff would waste less time trying to track down double squaders b/c players would be free to play with several different squads

Also, you might say this is just like ?go base, it might be similar, but also very different, b.c the majority of your players will be your squaddies. People complain in ?go base when a squad player only picks their squad mates. For whatever reason they think ?go base should be mixed and let a squad play in twd together. (i don't know much about other things in wb and javs that they have similar to ?go base)"
    I came, I saw, I lagged out... :rolleyes:

I like it..But i dont think it would work =[
    https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
    1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
    1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
    1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
    1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
    1:soild>they can say what they like
    1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
    1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Why not?

Originally posted by Soilderz View Post
      I like it..But i dont think it would work =[
      Why not?

Comment

because no one would do one of those two ever...one format would win out
        I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
        I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

What would be the point of having a ladder, or even squads for that matter, if you could add anyone you wanted? This would basically be wbduel, javduel, and base, except game results would be posted on the TWD site.

Comment

I like this idea..
            they do this for alot of other games and it works out well

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
            1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
            1:Freeze> LOL FAR
            ---
            5:waven> freeze
            5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
            5:waven> you state your business with sanji
            5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
            5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
            5:waven> and i will talk to ease
            5:Freeze> LOL
            5:waven> that's how things work around here
            --
            1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

after allowing doublesquadding, triplesquadding would begin
              Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
              Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
              Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
              Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
              Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
              Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
              Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

The point is this

Originally posted by Weaver View Post
                What would be the point of having a ladder, or even squads for that matter, if you could add anyone you wanted? This would basically be wbduel, javduel, and base, except game results would be posted on the TWD site.

Right. So the ladder is meaningless now. Except when the ladders are reset and then qualification for TWL starts. As I stated above, when the ladders are reset, then the bots are modified and you can only add players who are squadjoined.

I thought it'd be a good idea to get more matches played which were of a better competition quality. Being a baser, ?go base has kinda fallen off as far as competiveness and quality games goes.

This might not apply so much to dd and jd, but so many more matches could be played if a squad could just grab 1 or 2 more people.

More matches = better.

Duh.

Happy Holi-Duh.
                -_-

Comment

Wrong

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
                  after allowing doublesquadding, triplesquadding would begin
                  Wrong.

This is not double squading.

You join one squad, or really you could be squadless. But people can play unlimited games with other squads without squadjoining. So really this is just like picking up a couple players so you can play a match.

THIS IS A GAME. BEING ABLE TO PLAY AN ORGANIZED GAME MORE OFTEN RATHER THAN SITTING IN SPEC = BETTER. Yes, no?

This would boost the community as it allowed players to mix, have more fun (new people and more matches = more fun), and they'd be thanking staff, singing odes about staff, making donations, and naming their children after staff members.

Comment

Originally posted by JacKieChan> View Post
                    Right. So the ladder is meaningless now. Except when the ladders are reset and then qualification for TWL starts. As I stated above, when the ladders are reset, then the bots are modified and you can only add players who are squadjoined.

I thought it'd be a good idea to get more matches played which were of a better competition quality. Being a baser, ?go base has kinda fallen off as far as competiveness and quality games goes.

This might not apply so much to dd and jd, but so many more matches could be played if a squad could just grab 1 or 2 more people.

More matches = better.

Duh.

Happy Holi-Duh.
                    -_-
                    Have you ever stopped to think about why ?go base has kinda fallen off in competition? I believe it's fallen off for some of the reasons you're suggesting to implement here in TWD. I don't like the idea because competition in TWD has been kind of stale as is, something like this could push it off the end. I'm all for including more people in the fun of TWD, but I'd be willing to bet that just about any new player out there can get onto a TWD squad, or at the very least form their own, which is why this is not necessary.
                    1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                    3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                    3:Best> see it coming
                    3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
                      Have you ever stopped to think about why ?go base has kinda fallen off in competition? I believe it's fallen off for some of the reasons you're suggesting to implement here in TWD. I don't like the idea because competition in TWD has been kind of stale as is, something like this could push it off the end. I'm all for including more people in the fun of TWD, but I'd be willing to bet that just about any new player out there can get onto a TWD squad, or at the very least form their own, which is why this is not necessary.
                      twd is stale, but to be honest reaver squads like style make it stale

now it is true that a LOT of old players have quit the game, but there are still good players in this game that are active, but they all join one squad, and would rather sit on the bench half the time then play it seems, which is the problem

if all these players were more active (which is another problem) and they left the big syndicate style squads and made smaller, active squads out of the big superpower it would create lots and lots more competition

talent is watered down nowadays, so you have to spread it around or your right reaver, the game will be very stale
                      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                        twd is stale, but to be honest reaver squads like style make it stale

now it is true that a LOT of old players have quit the game, but there are still good players in this game that are active, but they all join one squad, and would rather sit on the bench half the time then play it seems, which is the problem

if all these players were more active (which is another problem) and they left the big syndicate style squads and made smaller, active squads out of the big superpower it would create lots and lots more competition

talent is watered down nowadays, so you have to spread it around or your right reaver, the game will be very stale
                        We took on a few newer players and tossed around the idea of taking on some more. We'll do the same next season provided I can put in enough time to run the squad. Keep in mind, 90% of my roster came and asked to join the squad, not the other way around. Being friends with almost all of these guys, and planning on competing it would have been silly to turn them away. Additionally, I don't entirely agree that squads like Style make the game stale. Squads like Style, Dice, and Thunder are key components of how the zone works. If newer players don't have a good squad to aspire to, then there's no point for most of those players. I know personally that if all the squads were equally matched or near equally matched I would have quit a long time ago.
                        1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                        3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                        3:Best> see it coming
                        3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
                          We took on a few newer players and tossed around the idea of taking on some more. We'll do the same next season provided I can put in enough time to run the squad. Keep in mind, 90% of my roster came and asked to join the squad, not the other way around. Being friends with almost all of these guys, and planning on competing it would have been silly to turn them away. Additionally, I don't entirely agree that squads like Style make the game stale. Squads like Style, Dice, and Thunder are key components of how the zone works. If newer players don't have a good squad to aspire to, then there's no point for most of those players. I know personally that if all the squads were equally matched or near equally matched I would have quit a long time ago.
                          what im saying is theres not very many style dice or thunders... yet there are a lot of talented players that are at that skill level

and yes i understand everyone is friends with everyone, been playing together for a while and things like that, and why would you honestly turn them down... not as a captain you wouldnt

its just the point im making about the size of squads, and all the talented guys sticking to the huge talent pool squads instead of making their own...

roster limits would never work but if they did, it would be a good idea, would force talent to spread around more, but it wouldnt work anyway, too many different people living in different time zones with different schedules, hard to keep a squad active with a small set of guys
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Stale this, and what are your ideas?

Stale? I think twd and everything is getting stale b/c it is harder and harder for people to have base matches in twbd. Why? people are less active, and squads that are have huge ass rosters.

This idea would add those 1-2 people needed to have a match. More matches = better. People want to come online and be able to play matches. ?Go base doesn't really cut it for several reasons, one you need staffer to kick the bot into action.

So that was one idea to try to generate more matches. Do you have an idea to generate more matches?

Since you're not in favor of roster limits, what will do it?

Squads with hugh rosters ARE killing the game.

Some people say something like, 'but over half of my roster isn't even very active'. Great, kick those people, and let them be kinda active on other squads which will help the other squads be able to play more matches against you, and other squads.

But since you're not in favor of roster limits, what will do it?

Comment

For starters, it would take quite awhile to implement this into the bot system
                              and i don't think it would work either for most of the reasons stated above...

As for roster caps, reaver produced the idea along the lines of what i was thinking about, so it will discussed as a possible implementation.

Because its website work for the latter idea you'll have to have some patience because we are stretch as thin as botdev is with current on-going work.

But once we are there there will be a few additions to the site, Ass Cap+ who can accept applications if no cap can, change in the Squad Dissolve function, and if agreed perhaps the implementation of a progressive roster cap system.

:fear:
                              PubBot8> Going to 69 :greedy:

Jacklyn> I'll play with this clit thing later
                              Dr.Coiff> i've played with it

3:Mirror <ZH>> fly around and boom blow everyone up

Comment

Working...
                              X