• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus Christ you're retarded.
    Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Playback
      those "spurts" of lag are deadly.
      No. I have the same problem he's talking about on occasion, and those spurts of lag are the worst things ever for the person experiencing them. None of your shots that hit kill anyone for around 30 seconds. It's terrible.
      5:gen> man
      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

For about a 2 week time period I was having those 30 second spurts of can't kill anyone every 5 minutes or so, cost us a couple twbd games. Annoying as all hell.

Comment

Staff never ban lagcheaters and probably never will..
          I remember rift who used lagtronic and ppl constantly reported him but staff just ignored it..

Comment

My feeling is that lag is an advantage if you practice under it all the time. Short periods of lag probably don't give anyone an advantage if they aren't used to it.
            What I hate is when the people who lag all the time mouth off about their skill. I think that if someone lags regularly, they should show some consideration and at least be meek about the fact that they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
              The only two squads I openly accuse of lagcheating are Shriek and whatever squad Delectable happens to have currently started up. This has nothing to do with my dissatisfaction as a result of losing. I'm simply convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that both squads are up to no good. Neither of the squads' leaders are any sort of trustworthy/respectable. I hope the strict lag limits in TWL put a damper on their efforts to ruin my fun.
              Jason - I can only speak about Shriek since I've been with them (last month or two), but I can assure you that I've seen nothing to support your claim.

Comment

mutha.. consider this... lag may or may not be an advantage/disadvantage to you (I've played both ways, and I prefer as low of ping as possible, but people argue the other way), but everyone can agree that it removes a large part of the fun from the game. just because you don't want to pay for a decent connection ($100??? where the fuck do you live?).

if your lag is consistently over 350 or so, you should probably just remove yourself from leagues, I think. after that point, it ceases to be the game that it's supposed to be, and becomes a game of trying to figure out where the guy really is in relation to where the picture of him is.
                http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

To me, anything above 200 ms is pretty bad. But I think that it has more to do with how spikey and plossey your connection (kazaa induced or otherwise).

Comment

Who on spastic doesn't lag? Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by PhaTz
                      Who on spastic doesn't lag? Exactly.
                      Everyone who plays ss lags ... it all depends on the degree of lag. And yes, restrictions on lag would hurt even my own teammates but I still fully support stricter lag limits (ping and ploss).
                      Last edited by Sufficient; 05-08-2003, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Embrace the lag

So we are discussing all this lag. Can't we just all get along? Why does it always have to be about lag? Even we laggots have feelings, if you shoot us, do we not bleed? Sure it takes mulltiple bullets to hit us during a spike.. but um.. yeah, you know the rest...
                        truth about vets vs noobs [clickable]
                        "...can we pretend I lag and you eat my burst?"
                        Guy: What does that SS mean on your car?
                        Me: Oh, it's the Subspace model. You know, bigger engine, level 3 bombs...

Comment

lag works both ways... affects the person who has the lag, and gives them an advantage... usually not both at once mind you.

anyway, lag is lag, it sux. i have cable a cable connection and split it between two computers and lag totally sux. past few weeks, i cant even play, constantly getting specced. for the brief 30 seconds to 1 minute i get to play beforing getting specced due to high latency, i see spikes, nearly 90% of shots don't get through, and 1 shot kills me instantly. example of lag at its worst, working against the player with lag.

ON THE OTHER HAND, i've had the lag where it helps me, without me even knowing about it. everything appears completely normal on my screen, but every person i kill complains about how i spiked or something. i have no idea what this is, but i LIKE IT it somehow makes me spikey, and eat a lot or makes my shots super speedy-mid-air-fast-lag bullets. $$

I've seen people who spike and have that crazy advantage of lag with those super lag bullet shots that start from mid-air go super fast and are nearly impossible to dodge from close range... (I won't mention names.. although i really want to)

lag is lag, no use complaining about it. if you have it, hope your lucky and it gives you an advantage... but as for me, past few weeks its been a bitch and something wrong with my connection, modem or something i dunno. OH wellz, spec is fine...
                          MODERATOR WARNING: YOU ARE TOO SEXY TO PLAY, PLEASE UNF THE NEAREST EVENT REF FOR SELF GRATIFICATION :D -Mr. 420 <ER>

MODERATOR WARNING: You have been violating female players with sexual slurs! This is against TW rules, Refrain or you will be silenced -Tigerex

MODERATOR WARNING: Do Not Spam -Dimboy <ER>

Comment

Working...
                          X