Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Idea

I think its a rather bad idea....
    Most of the squads that did not get in TWL and were hoping to...
    will dissolve because their players will want to join TWL squads...
    There of course be a lot of people that wont get accepted but i think when: TWL will start living...TWD will start dying

Comment

it's not that easy to get in twl squad .. well depends on squad tho
      Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
      Mirror <ZH> this sucks
      Server> dont worry mirror
      Server> shark fits your tits
      Peace <ZH>> shut up
      Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
      Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
      1:Hercules> im level 90
      1:Hercules> in 9d
      1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
      1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

Well there will be alot of people that won't get into a leaguesquad. It is important to keep TWD alive so it stays interesting for people to build a squad to compete others.
        TWL will probably stand for higher quality, but that doesn't mean it is automaticly more fun.
        Fixating on joining a leaguesquad is a stupid thing to do. When you just get in you probably don't get to play the games you joined for. You might not even like the squad or some of the members.
        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Most of the league squads are already full, or not needing any more members because they totally own already.
          6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
          3 league vet

Comment

I suggest this:

1) TWL squads should be allowed in TWD.

2) TWL squads will not be ranked on TWD and will use it as practice only.

3) TWL squads will be arbitrarily assigned 1000 points on the TWD Ladder. If a TWD squad wins vs a TWL squad, then they get the amount of points they get if they beat a 1000 point squad. If a TWD squad LOSES to a TWL squad they lose the amount of points they would of gained.

i.e. say the #1 ranked TWDD squad with 1500 points lost to a TWL squad. Instead of losing the maximum 50 points, they'd only lose 1 point because that's how much they would gain if they beat the TWL squad.

4) TWL squads can play anyone in their games as long as a designated captain/assistant captain starts the game. This is a way for TWL squads to try out new players to recruit. This also reflects the fact that many TWL squads have much tougher standards in terms of skilled play when recruiting. (i.e. random non-TWL squad might require you to get a 1:1 in pub or win a duel, TWL squads require people to be good at playing league to join).

I think by doing this then TWL squads will use TWD as a place to practice and try out new players and strategies. As well TWD squads get to practice against TWL squads but do not have much to lose allowing them to have the courage to face harder squads and learn more about league play.

I am strongly against ranking TWL squads in TWD because then you will have two competiting leagues and I don't think that was the idea behind TWD in the first place. TWD should be here so that everyone can have fun and practice, and so that newer squads can have a chance to learn what league is all about.

-Epi
            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

so if the TWD squad has 800 rating and they lose to TWL squad they lose as much points as they could have won?

TWD squads shouldnt lose any pts at all vs TWL squad if they lose or it should be a symbolic value say 1-5. However if they win they should get points from beating a 1000 pts squad or something, its pretty hard vs most TWL squads tho
              MODERATOR WARNING: STOP SEXUALLY HARASSING ME, MEANIE :( -Angel <ZH>

Comment

i like Ephin's ideas here...

and if you are at 800 and lost to a TWL squad at 1000 points...you would only lose about 5 points or less anyways maybe...definitely under 10 i think....

i think hes just saying that a top point TWD squad playing a TWL squad that has high risk.... wouldnt suffer on the TWD ladder much

another option maybe ephin...is that for losing to a TWL squad its a set loss # like 5 or 10 points something like that....

the only catch i see is in your scenario where a TWD team at 1500 points....plays a TWL squad at 1000 points, it would become not worth their while (other then personal experience of course) to play the twl squad.... to only gain 1 point

as we saw in the end of TWD, squads trying to make TWL were forced to play squads for easy points...to attempt to make TWL...

we had to as well, but the system was set up that way, and we had to match the squads around us doing the same thing as well...

but this isnt the debate about that...this is to point out that if a couple squads are competing near a top spot for a possible spot... the playing a TWL squad at 1000 points isnt worth there while while the other squad playing a non-TWL squad at say 1100 or 1200 who is a far easier match more then likely would be far less risk...

very easy to manipulate the system, even though we know that its not going to help the squad in the long run....its still the system in place

just some things to keep in mind, but over all i like ephines ideas
                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Well I figure that the more points you gain, the more points you probably should lose.

As you said TWD squads trying to make TWL don't want to lose points if they lose to a TWL squad but they want the practice. By making it worth very little they can get the practice and not worry.

We've already seen it now that squads have qualified many more TWL-TWD squads in the upper ranks are playing eachother because they aren't worrying about their own ranks and it's good practice.

About lower ranked squads losing too many points by playing TWL squads. If they are so low ranked they're probably going to get blown out anyway by the TWL squad and thus they shouldn't be playing them unless they really want to or if that TWL squad doesn't have good players on

-Epi
                  Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                  www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                  www.animeslice.com

Comment

40 point loss in TWD due to losing to a TWL squad

we played NS yesterday to work in some new people and lost to them (quite badly )

after checking the TWD board we had lost over 40 points for the loss :eek:

really need to do something about this if you want to encourage non-TWL squads to practice against TWL squads..... otherwise you are just stagnating and punishing TWD squads for trying to get better
                    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

OH

How come I wasn´t aware of it
                      No one told me
                      DM
                      NTC Owner

Comment

Why not just make it like this...

twl squad vs twl squad=normal gain/loss
                        twd squad vs twd squad=normal gain/loss

then.. if a twd squad loses to a twl squad, they lose HALF of normal, but if they win, they gain normal.

conversely, the twl squad would gain only half if they won, but lose normal points if they lose.

you might say "but then twl squads will never play against twd squads becuase they're handicapped".

but seriously, do any twl squads really care about their twd ranking? they just wanna play practice matches.. and this actually ENCOURAGES twd squads to play against the twl squads.
                        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                          but seriously, do any twl squads really care about their twd ranking? they just wanna play practice matches.. and this actually ENCOURAGES twd squads to play against the twl squads.
                          I believe there are playoffs planned for TWD, thus TWL squads will begin to care more about their ratings towards the end of TWL in order to make the playoffs and win the league.

TWD playoffs will take place after the TWL playoffs I imagine.
                          I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

how come the bots dont PM you rating changes anymore?
                            Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Originally posted by Webbb Llama v1.5
                              I believe there are playoffs planned for TWD, thus TWL squads will begin to care more about their ratings towards the end of TWL in order to make the playoffs and win the league.

TWD playoffs will take place after the TWL playoffs I imagine.
                              What?
                              5:gen> man
                              5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

as much as i love a good playoffs, realistically, shouldn't twd playoffs be restricted to non-twl teams? then we could see who the real up-and-comers are.
                                http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Working...
                                X