Promote TWD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promote TWD?

I figure with TWL coming up a good way to promote squads and players to get them involved with the whos who of Leagues would be to try and promote the top squads going at it.

I know nothing of bot coding, or if it would be easier to have a staff member manually do this, but when ever a top squad is battling another top squad, have it zone out that they be throwing down. this will get more attention to the games and even maybe bring some newer players out of pubs increasing the longevity of their playtime with us in TW..... just a thought.

::edit::

if you have a staff member doing it, the advert could be fun too, like "WHHOOOAAAAAA Big dawgs goin at it!!! Squad1 vs Squad2 in TWDD4 IN 5 Minutes!!!"
    Last edited by Heroin Bob; 09-19-2008, 12:43 AM.
    (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
    (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
    (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
    (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
    (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Originally posted by Heroin Bob View Post
    I figure with TWL coming up a good way to promote squads and players to get them involved with the whos who of Leagues would be to try and promote the top squads going at it.

I know nothing of bot coding, or if it would be easier to have a staff member manually do this, but when ever a top squad is battling another top squad, have it zone out that they be throwing down. this will get more attention to the games and even maybe bring some newer players out of pubs increasing the longevity of their playtime with us in TW..... just a thought.

::edit::

if you have a staff member doing it, the advert could be fun too, like "WHHOOOAAAAAA Big dawgs goin at it!!! Squad1 vs Squad2 in TWDD4 IN 5 Minutes!!!"

I'm Sir Spider, and I approve this message.
    GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

I really like this idea.. would be cool if it did it by the squads rankings and did a cool zone automatically.. this way staff wouldn't have to be there to see it for it to get zoned.. though they might come if they knew it was going on.

It's these little things, they can pull you under.

Live your life filled with joy and thunder.

Yeah, yeah we were altogether

lost in our little lives.

Comment

Heck why not, makes sense.
        7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
        7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
        7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
        7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
        1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Hihi, Sure but it shouldn't be over used, Like big games only..
          https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
          1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
          1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
          1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
          1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
          1:soild>they can say what they like
          1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
          1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

on what soilderz said, it should be used sparingly. and to do that you'd need a person to advert it, so that you wouldn't get like 5 zoners in a row if the top 5 teams are playing. It would also help to coordinate with hosted events and such so not to take players away from them.

not that i've ever really wanted to just watch a dd, but if there are people who do, it's seems like it's innocent enough. although there are a few people who will raise hell if they see two lines of green text that doesn't benefit them.
            .fffffffff_____
            .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
            .ffffff|ff __fffff|
            .fffffff\______/
            .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
            .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
            .fffff\________/
            .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
            .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
            .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
            .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
            .fff\__________/

Comment

Good idea.
              Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
              Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
              Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
              Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
              Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
              Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
              Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

This is now implemented in-game. For now it only zones for the top 2 ranks, but it can be adjusted later if desired.

Cheers,
                milosh
                SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                SSCU Trench Wars Bot/Web Developer

Stayon> That type of thing, when you're married for 50 years but you know you fucked up when you dropped chilli sause on your elitist rich boss, while crossing the cafeteria's lunch zone, getting you fired, because you were distracted admiring the cleaning lady's ass that you beated off to, when your sluggish wife and two retarted kids were asleep.

Comment

cool idea, what if it zoned when a top 5 played vs another top 5. i think that might be good? thoughts?
                  violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                  [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
                    cool idea, what if it zoned when a top 5 played vs another top 5. i think that might be good? thoughts?
                    could result in a lot of spam?
                    (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
                    (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
                    (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
                    (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
                    (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

maybe top3
                      https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                      1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                      1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                      1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                      1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                      1:soild>they can say what they like
                      1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                      1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment