A couple of little bot suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of little bot suggestions

Hey Mmav (and whoever else fettles with the bots)... I've got a few "nice to have" suggestions that maybe you would consider in future bot updates? Since there seems to be a fair bit of updating going on at the moment...

* Make bots accept commands in uppercase (like !Add as well as !add) - I'm a lazy typer, and sometimes the shift is still held down after typing the ! so the bot doesn't accept my command. It makes a big difference when trying to sub while playing... hopefully it should be a really simple change to make.

* Allow squads to challenge themselves for a friendly game. I know this sounds silly, but often Ossify has 8 people online and can't find another squad willing to play, it would be cool to be able to do a "friendly" challenge in squad (obviously no points would change on ladder). It would be a bit like wbduel - the person who challenges would be one cap, the person who accepts would be the other....

* Allow squad captains to set default settings for their squad (in a similar way to how preferences can be set in duel). For instance, I would like to be able to set blueout on by default for my squad, and maybe be able to set 4 as the default challenge number rather than 5 for TWDD games.

* Be notified when challenges expire - after a certain amount of time (5 minutes?) challenges run out - it would be nice for the person who issued the challenge to get a PM saying "Your challenge for 3v3 TWSD game vs Ossify has now expired" - providing you aren't in a game already I suppose. I often challenge several squads, and if one of my squadmates decides they have to leave, I never know whether I should !remove them all again or if they have expired already.

* Someone in my squad suggested it would be nice to have a "looking for game" command - you could register with twdbot in ?go twd with "!seeking dd:4" or something, and it would tell you all the other squads who are also looking. Not quite sure of the details, but I'm sure someone can work it out.

Just a couple of thoughts Keep up the good work, its nice to see the bots being improved and updated almost daily, it renews my faith in the game.

LEM
    DinkyKitty.com - news, reviews and articles of a techy nature

I think these are all great & easy suggestions that would improve twdd overall
    Its good to be evil

Comment

As stated in many many many other threads

a !challenge #squads (1-20)
      ^sends a challenge to all squads in place of first to twenty

a !killgame command for assists/caps (both caps/assists from each squad must agree) This will also save everyone involved 5 minutes of speccing.

Twd Bot Suggestions

Originally posted by Lame
      !changename ; if you are on a squad and you just want to change names, you should be able to unregister your name and register a new one without the 24hrs waiting period. The goal of the 24hrs waiting period is to prevent squadhopping. If you don't leave your squad it's only annoying.

!addcomputer ; this will add an extra computer to your signed up name. Personally I play from different computers (different locations) and if I change my twdname, I have to ask a TWDop to manually add each IP again.
      (also for those who dont know theres a twd chat ?chat=twd it makes for some what effective communicating for matches.)
      Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
      2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
      2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Originally posted by HateTheFake View Post
        for those who dont know theres a twd chat ?chat=twd it makes for some what effective communicating for matches.
        Good point. I use twd chat if I'm really desperate, but the problem is the signal to noise ratio is very low - its full of people talking about their hamster, insulting each other and spamming for wbduel/base/other zones. Asking for a game gets some kind of response at 20% of the time in my (admittedly somewhat limited) experience.

In addition, a lot of people have full chats already - its often hard to find room for another (noisy) chat just for arranging TWD games.

a !killgame command for assists/caps (both caps/assists from each squad must agree) This will also save everyone involved 5 minutes of speccing.
        Yes! Definately something thats needed. "Ossify have request to cancel the game - reply with !killgame if you agree"

LEM
        Last edited by Lemmin; 10-08-2008, 02:18 PM. Reason: more thought

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmin View Post
          Hey Mmav (and whoever else fettles with the bots)... I've got a few "nice to have" suggestions that maybe you would consider in future bot updates? Since there seems to be a fair bit of updating going on at the moment...

* Make bots accept commands in uppercase (like !Add as well as !add) - I'm a lazy typer, and sometimes the shift is still held down after typing the ! so the bot doesn't accept my command. It makes a big difference when trying to sub while playing... hopefully it should be a really simple change to make.

* Allow squads to challenge themselves for a friendly game. I know this sounds silly, but often Ossify has 8 people online and can't find another squad willing to play, it would be cool to be able to do a "friendly" challenge in squad (obviously no points would change on ladder). It would be a bit like wbduel - the person who challenges would be one cap, the person who accepts would be the other....

* Allow squad captains to set default settings for their squad (in a similar way to how preferences can be set in duel). For instance, I would like to be able to set blueout on by default for my squad, and maybe be able to set 4 as the default challenge number rather than 5 for TWDD games.

* Be notified when challenges expire - after a certain amount of time (5 minutes?) challenges run out - it would be nice for the person who issued the challenge to get a PM saying "Your challenge for 3v3 TWSD game vs Ossify has now expired" - providing you aren't in a game already I suppose. I often challenge several squads, and if one of my squadmates decides they have to leave, I never know whether I should !remove them all again or if they have expired already.

* Someone in my squad suggested it would be nice to have a "looking for game" command - you could register with twdbot in ?go twd with "!seeking dd:4" or something, and it would tell you all the other squads who are also looking. Not quite sure of the details, but I'm sure someone can work it out.

Just a couple of thoughts Keep up the good work, its nice to see the bots being improved and updated almost daily, it renews my faith in the game.

LEM
          :up: :up: :up:
          1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
          JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
          1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
          http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

On a related note (although not strictly bot-related) it would be really useful if the system recorded and showed which assist started the game (who challenged or accepted) - that way I (as a cap) can keep track of which of my assistants are organising games, and which aren't.... not sure how it would be shown on the site, but some way of finding the info out would help.

LEM

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmin View Post
              On a related note (although not strictly bot-related) it would be really useful if the system recorded and showed which assist started the game (who challenged or accepted) - that way I (as a cap) can keep track of which of my assistants are organising games, and which aren't.... not sure how it would be shown on the site, but some way of finding the info out would help.

LEM
              It does, we just havnt found an effect/non-laggy induced way of displaying this on twd site... something that could be looked at after twl site and next twd reset...
              PubBot8> Going to 69 :greedy:

Jacklyn> I'll play with this clit thing later
              Dr.Coiff> i've played with it

3:Mirror <ZH>> fly around and boom blow everyone up

Comment

Would it be possible to increase the limit on the number of !challenges you can issue? At the moment the bot stops accepting them after 4 and tells you to stop spamming.

Can we increase this limit to 8? Or even higher?

Mmav suggested I post the request here for RiiStars perusal and hopeful approval.

Thanks,

LEM

Comment

Another suggestion (I know I make a lot!)

Currently the bot takes a life off you if you spec yourself (and also sometimes if the server specs you) which is a good idea to prevent people speccing if they are cornered and about to die, since people were using it as a way around the anti-warp.

Unfortunately, it does penalise people who need to spec for a legitimate reason (like, the phone has rung, the boss has come into the room or the dog is on fire) which is a bit of a pain.

How about, if someone specs manually and then re-enters the game, they lose a life? But, if they are subbed for someone else, that life isn't lost? Rather than docking them a life the second they spec, its only docked if they spec and then re-enter.... That way, if you have to spec and call for a sub, you aren't penalised.

I'm sure theres a flaw in the suggestion... but I can't see it.

LEM

Comment

well if i had 9 lives left, specd when being chased 1 vs 1, just as a bullet hit me. Score 49-49 just to have someone sub me out. It would be rather unfair. Even thou you may not do this, people like ignite most likely would.
                    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Well, I guess you could do it that way in order to abuse. But you could only do it once, and I don't think it would actually gain much - someone subbed in with one life left rarely does very well.

Meh, I guess its a silly suggestion. It seemed to make sense to me last night.

Comment

Another suggestion...

Could the bots perform their lag checking when people are added, rather than when the game starts? At the moment, you can add someone and they conform to the server lag limits and can warm up, but when the game actually starts they immediately lag out. I assume this is because the bot only starts its own lag checking once the game begins.

Its a bit annoying to think you are OK to play, and suddenly be kicked out. If you bot started lag checking as soon as you were added, you'd at least know if you were going to be able to play. I know I've certainly lost games because we've started without a sub and not realised until the GO that one of our players is too laggy...

Hopefully a simple change that will remove some of the frustration.

LEM

Comment

Working...
                        X