Finding games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding games

Ok, so it is annoying when I'm looking for a twdgame and can't find one and there might be one out there. Could we make it so like eg. if brainwave is looking for a jd we would go to twjd and do !searching which puts us on a list of squads who are looking for jd then deliria comes into arena and does !squadlooking and listed all the squads on the list, sees brainwave challs them and jd.

dunno anything about bots so err would this be possible.
    1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
    JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
    1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
    http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

good idea

Comment

The only immediate problem I see is people putting themselves on the list and then going afk or logging off or whatever. An easy bypass would be: make the bot whisper the person that queue'd the squad every x amount of minutes and ask if they're still interested in playing, if no response within 20 seconds then it takes them off the queue.
      1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
      3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
      3:Best> see it coming
      3:Best> sad

Comment

why are we not doing this already?!

Comment

Join ?chat=TWD and see who's on in there.
          DELETED

Comment

OK, so no list, why not like, !advert game:7 or !advert game:8, and the bot does a #message to every squad on the TWD ladder for that division, and any squads interested in playing can now go TWD. It's almost like just saying :#squad:BD? but instead the bot can reach every potential opponent.

Comment

I like Downfall's idea
              JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
              the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

downfall for sysop

Comment

amazing idea, set this in stone asap, fuck twl this season lets get that working!
                  7:RoDNeY> u dont know what afk means u think it means the arab way of saying KFC

Comment

We could use a list. Since squads already !challenge squads when they are looking for a match, you could make a !list of "Squads that have looked for a game in the past 10 minutes" and remove those that have found a game. This goes around having to program a new command into the bot and may make it a bit easier.

It may also ease the !challenge spam that is often seen, making it so a squad really only needs to do a challenge once every five minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
                      We could use a list. Since squads already !challenge squads when they are looking for a match, you could make a !list of "Squads that have looked for a game in the past 10 minutes" and remove those that have found a game. This goes around having to program a new command into the bot and may make it a bit easier.

It may also ease the !challenge spam that is often seen, making it so a squad really only needs to do a challenge once every five minutes.
                      this
                      Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                      Join ?chat=TWD and see who's on in there.
                      and that

Comment

This is so fucking easy, and doesn't even need any ifs and buts. It's just a list.

!add Disoblige:TWDD:5
                        And that will put you on the list for 5 minutes. After that you have to add yourself again. (Squads aren't really going to be sure what time their players will be on keyboard)

Code:
                        !list TWDD

These squads are looking for TWDD
                        ------------
                        Disoblige 5
                        Dice 4
                        I don't even think you have to bother removing squads that get a match (Because they could well want to play more games etc.) because it's just a supporting tool.
                        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Hay guyz

Good idea, and i'm guessing it's not that hard to code either...?
                          Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

This has been requested many times over for a couple of years. I don't know why it has not been added but I do not think this thread will change the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Peace_Maker View Post
                              This has been requested many times over for a couple of years. I don't know why it has not been added but I do not think this thread will change the fact.
                              Really, just too much on the plate right now I would guess.

It's probably not that it's hard, or unwarranted, it's that there's other things that they're working on, and switching back and forth between bot projects probably isn't a good idea if you don't want a lot of little bugs.

There's probably a list somewhere out of our sight that has all the suggested botwork, website work, etc ordered in terms of importance and efficiency. New ideas could get put near the top if they're easy to implement and would have a big effect (this might be one actually), but most new ideas probably get put near the back, and never actually get worked on because of other projects.

At least there should be. (a list)

Sorry for the lecture on managing efficiently, but I think that's why these things never get done. It seems lately staff has become much more transparent with their planned upgrades and botwork.
                              .fffffffff_____
                              .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                              .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                              .fffffff\______/
                              .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                              .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                              .fffff\________/
                              .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                              .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                              .fff\__________/