Average Enemy Rating Per Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average Enemy Rating Per Player

I was wondering if you could implement an AVER for each player. Because there is a difference between a 17-10 vs Deathcaps and 17-10 vs Quake. (not saying i scored those; those were just random numbers)

It's not really necessary, but it'd be cool to know which guys play the hardest opponents and do well. It would require another variable, but i was thinking playing 7-800 games or so (max games that i remember between resets) against high average of like, 1300 nme rating, and it's still not over the JAVA int or short limit.

well, i think so. unless everyone's against it...
    -not in game

I'm sometimes a stat-whore so I'd be all for this. Sounds like a good way to put a number to your skill level :P

Comment

Originally posted by not in game View Post
      I was wondering if you could implement an AVER for each player. Because there is a difference between a 17-10 vs Deathcaps and 17-10 vs Quake. (not saying i scored those; those were just random numbers)
      If this were the case, I'd say deathcaps is harder than Quakes lineup of kicker/nokkonen/turban/zhou, cause they dont even wb. Youd have to do individual rating not vs squad.
      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Thats true but you could also make the point that a squad is only as strong as its weakest link and therefore the points earned for beating their lineup with a weak player or two in are justified

Individual rating wouldn't be bad though
        1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
        3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
        3:Best> see it coming
        3:Best> sad

Comment

This is just going to produce more rec-whoring n00bs who hide all game to get good recs.

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
            This is just going to produce more rec-whoring n00bs who hide all game to get good recs.
            like u excpet u fail to get the good rec
            violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
            [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
              If this were the case, I'd say deathcaps is harder than Quakes lineup of kicker/nokkonen/turban/zhou, cause they dont even wb. Youd have to do individual rating not vs squad.
              I think that adding an individual rating, would be difficult and impractical, due to the size of that addition. If it helps, think of this as a baby step toward your final goal. Can't just jump to the answer, got to work your way up.
              Another thing, everyone knows that a squad's AVER has a large deviation due to the squad variability of the player lines. I think people would understand that too amongst each player's AVER. Lastly, people know that AVER is also dependent on when the squads enter the TWD ladder.

As for rec-whoring noobs, I'm not asking for any change of calculating statistics. A player's 9-9 will stay a 9-9. I don't see how a player's AVER will make him rec-whore more or less.

One of the things I just noticed is that the easier squads might not get as many twd games, because players would start caring about their own AVER. But, I think that happens a lot even now (better players not wanting to twd easier squads)
              -not in game

Comment

Originally posted by not in game View Post
                One of the things I just noticed is that the easier squads might not get as many twd games, because players would start caring about their own AVER. But, I think that happens a lot even now (better players not wanting to twd easier squads)
                I'll agree with this. Top squads do not want to play deathcaps... ever. Not unless someone wants to 1v4 them for kicks... that's the only way you will ever see it.
                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
                  like u excpet u fail to get the good rec
                  fuk off pascone!

Comment

In other words, you want a value/rating system implemented like we used to have in TWLM when Anzu ran that shit...

And yes, That would be awesome!!!!
                    TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                    TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                    TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                    First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Working...
                    X