Changes to the TWD site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to the TWD site.

I would like to personally thank Arobas+ who I am assuming the one behind all the recent updates, additions, and upgrades to the TWD site, every day I check out twd.org I see something new, and generally worthwhile whether it be aesthetic or useful on it. Anyways, the site looks great, definitely much more information on it, and looks much better/is much easier to read than it was last year.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Love the banners!
    DELETED

Comment

I agree. The info is just awesome for any stat-freak like myself (I just need to find the feeling again of wanting to play now!)

TWD is miles ahead of TWL. It would probably be best for TWL if somehow you could just include it into TWD or duplicate TWD somehow. :P Somehow it's possible to keep ALL stats from TWD for years and years and years. And stats from a few handful of TWL-games a season go lost every year, or never get on the site correctly at all..
      Also maybe if TWL winners get a permanent place on the frontpage of TWD for a whole season it would gain some more importance. Just a small collumn above the news with the current winners + runners up. If integrated you could click on the squad's name, and quickly look back at the important games/players.

I've zero knowledge of programming-stuff. Just saying it's weird how TWD keeps moving ahead and TWL hasn't really been improved since the days when Slowbob had stats automatically store on a site..

Comment

add how bad wark is on a one minute timer. pretty dire and needed information.

Comment

Thunders banner fails.

Comment

Considering the base of TWD was already there to improve on, and TWL was made from scratch...

Sorry TWL's site isn't as "high-spec"

Props to Arobas tho, he's done great things and i appreciate his dedication.
            PubBot8> Going to 69 :greedy:

Jacklyn> I'll play with this clit thing later
            Dr.Coiff> i've played with it

3:Mirror <ZH>> fly around and boom blow everyone up

Comment

Not saying that TWL isn't good, last years looked pretty cool honestly, but when I compare the two of them there are just little things that arobas is doing that is making all the differences, the green and red on wins and losses, adding banners in front of squads, stuff like that that would probably be pretty easy to do on the twl site also make it look much better.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Thx kthx, I appreciate it

Dabram you're right, both sites are the same, except the design and some features (game scheduler,...). I wasn't there when they decided to create a new website only for TWL but I guess it was the best option at this time. The problem is, it's hard to maintain 2 websites.

I will try to add something to follow the progression of TWL on the TWD website but I don't really have time atm to work on that since it's my end of session at the university. I'll see!
                TW Bot Developer
                TW Web Developer
                Friends> All I saw was arobas+
                Friends> It's like death

Comment

Working...
                X