Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

login persistence on twd website (google chrome)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• login persistence on twd website (google chrome)

there is a check box next to the username and password fields that, when checked, is supposed to keep you logged into the site upon subsequent visits. it hasn't worked for me in quite awhile.

i'm primarily using the latest dev release of chrome these days, and after testing in firefox 3.5.2 and ie8, i see that this issue seems to be isolated to chrome. any chance the coding behind that check box is a little sloppy? i realize it could just be chrome being quirky, but i've often found that simple issues like this are a result of outdated/sloppy code.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

it doesn't work for me in IE 8
    violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
    [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

yea jason, i made a thread about this a while ago and they claimed it was fixed, its not. and its not my computer seeing how every single otehr fucking site has no problem. dont clear your cache dont clear your private data, it does not work.

I use firefox chrome and IE and it doesnt work on any of them

Comment

well, like an idiot, i didn't test properly. i kept the browsers open in all cases, which doesn't end the session. after a re-do, closing and reopening the browsers, it didn't work across the board. the persistence is, in fact, flat out broken.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Works fine for me when I go to the twd site.
          Trench Wars Moderator

TWDT-B Season 3 Champion: WOOT

6:Centurion <ZH>> afk embalming babies
          3:royce> i wish i knew how to penetrate
          1:Markmrw> i feel like i need a dick all of a sudden
          1:Markmrw> fuck wrong chat!
          1:Markmrw> :O
          1:RaCka> ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by PureOwnage View Post
            Works fine for me when I go to the twd site.
            cuz u staff u got the real deal.

never worked for me.
            1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
            Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
            1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
            1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
            beam> stfu tsunami
            Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
            beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
            Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Do you have software (AV/Firewall/etc?) or browser addons that are blocking the cookie(s)?

I honestly can't fix it with the little info we get from you guys...
              As far as im aware there are a select few of you that are special and it doesn't work for you...
              for the other 98% that login to the site it works perfectly fine.

Since i am PC-less as my motherboard fucked itself any fixes that i can do won't be very quick and depend on me being able to do it from my place of work without being checked up on (since it's not work related).

Btw i've checked it from 4 diff PC's using FF2-3/Chrome/IE6-8/Opera and i still have no problems at all, which is my main reason for asking about programs and addons since Arobas and myself checked/edited the code when this was orginally a problem...

-
              The semi-active & useless WebAdmin,
              RiiStar
              Last edited by RiiStar; 08-19-2009, 11:19 PM.
              PubBot8> Going to 69 :greedy:

Jacklyn> I'll play with this clit thing later
              Dr.Coiff> i've played with it

3:Mirror <ZH>> fly around and boom blow everyone up

Comment

in chrome, the only thing i'm running is an adblocking user script, but it doesn't touch cookies.

bear in mind, though, i'm using the latest dev release of chrome and it always has crazy quirks. sometimes, for example, form elements don't render.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

it doesn't work for creature either

my guess is your 98% is no where near accurate

all i know is, it used to work. it doesn't work now. only thing i possibly changed was ie 7 to 8.
                  violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                  [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Well fuck, lets just remove it then...
                    It was one of the biggest security threats anyway.

The sites suck, it's all my fault... fail... *slits wrists*
                    Fuck this...
                    PubBot8> Going to 69 :greedy:

Jacklyn> I'll play with this clit thing later
                    Dr.Coiff> i've played with it

3:Mirror <ZH>> fly around and boom blow everyone up

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                      in chrome, the only thing i'm running is an adblocking user script, but it doesn't touch cookies.
                      Off topic: Whoa, hold the phone. They have adblock for chrome now? Finally the browser is complete!
                      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

I have the same problem using Firefox 3.5.2. It's not a big deal, since the password saves for me, so i just have to hit login everytime i close out the session. So just wanted to say that its not working for me also, but it's not really a big deal.
                        When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Originally posted by Edify View Post
                          Off topic: Whoa, hold the phone. They have adblock for chrome now? Finally the browser is complete!
                          support has been discontinued, so it's not exactly perfect, but it does the job quite well overall.

http://www.adsweep.org/

you can use it as either an extension or a userscript, so you have to add one of two flags to the target executable on the shortcut you use to launch chrome.

either --enable-extensions or --enable-user-scripts
                          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RiiStar View Post
                            Well fuck, lets just remove it then...
                            It was one of the biggest security threats anyway.

The sites suck, it's all my fault... fail... *slits wrists*
                            Fuck this...
                            haha no, it USED TO WORK FINE!... then one day it started this... :/

Comment

Working...
                            X