Poll: Axe Witness for a stupid idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Axe Witness for a stupid idea?

Seriously what the fuck are you thinking witness, me and you generally see eye to eye on things but this is just above and beyond stupid, you know damn well that 75% of the people on any given "competitive" squad are just old relics from the past who only login to dd once a month and talk on the chat. Do you think that you would really add more competition into the leagues by doing this? Do you really think that mad, quicksand, thunder, epidemic really play with more than 10 players anyways, if the other 20-30 people on these squads left to form another squad wouldn't we just have 10 more savangers running around fighting for 6th place in TWLD next season? Seriously, epidemic would axe shitty players like oops, who couldn't create another squad because this game has leaders and this game has followers. Most people aren't cracked up to running a squad, so there would be a bunch of really really shitty third rate or lower squads running around constantly leaving and rejoining one another. Honestly kill that fucking idea before I destroy it verbally anymore, you trying to be Qan2 or something?
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

its funny 3 years ago I liked this idea, but you would be forcing 3 league squads to cut all their dead weight almost
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

where is the yes button?
      DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
      DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
      DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
      DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
      DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
      DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
      1:waven> is if im going to prison
      1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

can't really make a poll
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
          Seriously what the fuck are you thinking witness, me and you generally see eye to eye on things but this is just above and beyond stupid, you know damn well that 75% of the people on any given "competitive" squad are just old relics from the past who only login to dd once a month and talk on the chat. Do you think that you would really add more competition into the leagues by doing this? Do you really think that mad, quicksand, thunder, epidemic really play with more than 10 players anyways, if the other 20-30 people on these squads left to form another squad wouldn't we just have 10 more savangers running around fighting for 6th place in TWLD next season? Seriously, epidemic would axe shitty players like oops, who couldn't create another squad because this game has leaders and this game has followers. Most people aren't cracked up to running a squad, so there would be a bunch of really really shitty third rate or lower squads running around constantly leaving and rejoining one another. Honestly kill that fucking idea before I destroy it verbally anymore, you trying to be Qan2 or something?
          First off its open season, It doesnt mean we have to stick with it. If it does pass and totally blows we can undo it in a matter of minutes (thanks to arobas), There's still another reset or two before twl. Second How do you know what i voted (maybe we see eye to eye) its my right to vote and yours, and there's too. The difference between me an you is i'll at least give the population (majority or minority) consideration during this open season time, as long as we, not just me, see fit it will not do considerable harm to twd.

you know damn well that 75% of the people on any given "competitive" squad are just old relics from the past who only login to dd once a month and talk on the chat.
          I could almost fit into this category except the loging in once a month part. They can still login an chat. They can still dd once a month.

Do you think that you would really add more competition into the leagues by doing this? ?
          Not even gonna answer this. Thinking about something and not knowing the answer will never answer the question.
          Last edited by Witness; 01-13-2010, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
            its funny 3 years ago I liked this idea, but you would be forcing 3 league squads to cut all their dead weight almost
            yes Im glad you changed your mind
            Originally posted by Tyson
            There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
            Originally posted by HeavenSent
            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
            Originally posted by Izor
            Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

I don't have to see facts on the situation to know the answer to the question.

It won't increase competition witness.

--

Every year there are 4 squads that are pretty much guaranteed to make the TWLD semi-finals, which are composed of Quicksand/Thunder/Epidemic/Mad players (I mean not these squads in particular but the players who play on these squads who have just joined together from 10-15 other squads like Heavy and Grapevine etc.). What will happen is the complete opposite of what you are trying to say it will accomplish. Lets go over some of the obvious things.

When you enforce a roster limit on a squad the people who suck/are useless/newbies are the three groups that are going to get kicked off the squad first, it isn't like Quicksand is going to say "oh were over the limit were going to axe Izor and Racka to save space" No, we kick off the players who are actually learning how to play by being on a squad that had quality leadership and knows how to play. Now this is even MORE important in leagues like basing where a nobody can learn a ship quickly and be a part of a basing lineup. So by doing this, you are basically forcing the good squads where new players and bad players learn how to become good to stop being the teachers of the new generation of players. Take Quicksand for example, players like Weak, Geio, Killah, and if you want to go back further even Racka all learned how to play by being on a squad with me and Izor, now imagine if there was a roster limit where I had to axe people who at first didn't do very well in dd's for not performing and bloating my squad up with nothing but people who constantly performed above par every game. You would have 7-10 fewer good warbirds in this zone right now, and that is just from Quicksand. Players like Weak, Geio and Killah have learned how to captain and how to play from us and Geio and Killah have now formed their own squad that does fairly well in twdd.

Anyways my point is that this idea shouldn't even be considered, 90% of the new ideas for changes have already been shot down in years past by players who don't even play anymore but still knew much more about this game than many of the people voting. This shouldn't be something that a poll should used for, it something that you should sit down and have a serious conversation with squad captains and players who have been playing this game for 5-10 or more years. The above example is the perfect reason that the system we have works and will continue to work until some eager staffer who is hopped up on changing random aspects that have worked fine in this zone for 10 years decides that they need changing.

To finish this essay about this being a terrible idea for the zone I would like you to take a step back and see this issue from a big picture perspective, the things this change would do wouldn't only work opposite to how you think it would work, even if I was wrong which I am not it still wouldn't matter. Good players play together, and when a squad has been around 5 years it picks up some players who retire on the squad, because they have made friends with people on the squad. If you think that by doing this that magically you are going to break squads like Quicksand apart and have us branch out and each captain a TWLD squad you are wrong, if you think that Apok and Ease and Baserman are all going to go create new squads because of this change you are wrong. Unfortunately the new players in this zone are so bombarded with being useless the moment they start playing this zone through bots forcing them to warp, telling them what to do and so on and so forth that there are no new leaders leaving the public arenas to create squads, or to move a squad from a pub to play in leagues. The current system is not on the best system, but the only system that will ever work in this zone. Period, end of discussion, changing it won't be tolerated from the veteran playerbase who truly run the zone, much like other ideas that had the potential to kill the zone such as Distension weren't.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

i dont see why your so against trying a new thing.

It may do the zone good. People being benched all the time and letting the same ppl play is not the best thing.
                If they are forced to go off and make their own squads maybe they would learn to play well together or become better in the process.

Look at boss we dont have the most spectacular players (some are very good) but we made it to the LJ finals by being able to team really well. If these players were dispursed into other squads probally would just be thunder vs dice again and no upsets taken place.

Who knows if it is good or bad might as well try it. Id say it would bring more competition

Comment

What you fail to see is that the good players would remain in the good squads, so this wouldn't change a thing.. except taking away the players a squad is "training to become good" and the old players.

tbh, this should not be implented. it's a silly idea.

Comment

I say ban kthx for being a fucktard and tainting this community with his useless self-centered opinions about how a 12 year old would think this game should be ran.
                    Indulgence

Comment

Viewpoints

These are the different viewpoints I've seen in TL;DR versions (not mine)
                      * = my comments

1) Giving rosters a cap (30, 35, or 40) for TWD will increase competition.
                      Reason: This will spread squads out, creating more to give more competition.
                      * I think this will only apply to the already good players. The top 5 squads will still hold the same players that the first two or three will. So in actuality, it will be limiting the not-so-good players by not allowing them to be on good squads. Doing this will decrease competition in the long run because you will have a large gap between the good players, the decent, and the learning.

2) Giving rosters a cap (30, 35, or 40) for TWD will decrease competition.
                      Reason: As kthx said, there are pretty much already-guaranteed spots for #1-#5. Limiting rosters will only cause this to be even more effective, possibly creating so much as a guaranteed #1-#10 top squad list. That's more squads yes, but less competition FOR THE NEW/LEARNING PLAYERS.
                      * I whole heartedly agree with this. They won't stand a chance at all.

I think it would be a bad idea to limit rosters, even setting aside the competition. Novelty squads like Paladen, STONERZ, etc. have large rosters. Players that join these squads won't be able to play in TWD matches because of the cap. I know that a few people would be quite upset if they were told they couldn't compete in TWD or TWL matches even though they were in the squad.

But then on the offhand, you also have to take into consideration, how long will it take for 100 of the best of TW's players to be on one squad, reigning supreme, and stomping out the competition completely?

I think the competition issue is something that needs to solve itself. People need to make more squads on their own, and get more competitive players. Creating a cap and forcing something won't fix it in my opinion.
                      Last edited by Xog; 01-14-2010, 02:51 PM.

Comment

With TWL over, it gives us some time to experiment with new squads and most of them won't stay around until the next TWL anyways. Though this idea may be hindering to 3-league squads, I say roster limiting for 1 league squads is not a bad idea. Give some time to players to step up and take a captain's position where they normally wouldn't be. We will get to evaluate whether or not this idea was beneficial to our community or not a couple months down the road.

The idea may flow a bit better if 1-league, 2-league, or 3-league squads had differing roster caps, which will be regulated by which leagues they will be able to play in. However, a lack of activity in a signed up league over X period of time will revoke their right to stay in the league and change the squad back into a 2-league, or 1-league squad.
                        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                        Failure teaches success.

Comment

Melon you are a fucking retard, you don't have any business in this conversation.

And no Kim, don't experiment, don't screw things up that work, just leave it how it is because it won't do anything, it won't solve or fix any problems. Good players are always going to band together, there are always going to be certain "families" that stick together every season, all its going to do is force the players who need to be on the good squads the most which are the new players being given a chance by the older players off of the squads that they are learning from.

New players don't just learn skills from a squad, they also learn ego, attitude, and how to interact with other good players, trust me, this idea will not work.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

your acting as if this changes your life ends, give it a rest dont take this game so serious and try getting a little sunshine. Majority gets what majority wants. He made a poll its a yes or no answer not u crying and asking for him to be axed. Preety pathetic imo

Comment

I have never seen liquor post on these forums, probably a good reason for that.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                              X