Allow 3vs3 in TWDD/TWJD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow 3vs3 in TWDD/TWJD?

Should we allow 3v3 matches in TWDD and TWJD? The current limit is 4vs4, and the idea is that 3vs3 would allow more games to be played and boost TWD activity.

Thoughts?
    Yes
    64.71%
    No
    35.29%
    sdg

This isn't going to help anything, the entire idea behind having a twd besides to promote activity is to train squads to get better during the off season and regular season of twd so that they will be ready to play and actually compete in TWL. 3v3 is far too different to make that a feasible option.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Yes, awesome idea. Would there be a way to differ points gained by whether you are playing 3v3 4v4 or 5v5? I believe that would make this perfect. I also second making twl games 4v4!

Comment

a better poll would be to remove the 4v4 option completely. you should perhaps focus on developing a 2v2 league instead of trying to destroy twdd or test 3v3 basing first and see if it makes any sense.
        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

3v3 basing sounds ridiculous, but 2v2/3v3 twd revamp sounds credible. atm 4v4 and 5v5 is pushing zone population availability. While very Different, 2v2 and 3v3 would increase twd activity and still incorporate team play - 3v3 much more so than 2v2
          1:Sir Spider> you gotta kinda drag it out of him a little bit
          1:Sir Spider> but once you do he just explodes
          1:Sir Spider> at least on me
          1:Sir Spider> ...no homo

Comment

if you're going to do this atleast make sure you don't get as many pts for winning 3v3
            Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

We talk about TWJD and TWDD, not TWBD. Everyone knows it doesn't make sense to do a 3v3 in a BD. The thing is, creating a new league would require a lot of programming and dropping the mininum players for a game to 3 (jd/dd) is a good compromise.
              TW Bot Developer
              TW Web Developer
              Friends> All I saw was arobas+
              Friends> It's like death

Comment

This will work if you scale the points gained/lost based on number of players..

for example..
                5v5 - full points
                4v4 - points x .8
                3v3 - points x .6

or something along those lines. you will just need a reason for people to keep playing 4v4 and 5v5.
                1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                beam> stfu tsunami
                Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Originally posted by Age View Post
                  5v5 - full points
                  4v4 - points x .8
                  3v3 - points x .6.
                  I thought the same until I realized that a game is made of round and 1 round can be 2v2 and the other 5v5 because of !ap ehhh :/
                  TW Bot Developer
                  TW Web Developer
                  Friends> All I saw was arobas+
                  Friends> It's like death

Comment

Yes, this would bring more activity to TWD and I can only see this as a positive change.

Sure, one can say that 3vs3 is very different from 5vs5 and that is true in a way. But at the same time they would be quite similar as your main focus would still be on working together as a team, and it could even be more effective to play 3vs3 than 4vs4 if you ask me, at least in JDs.

as for the 2vs2 league, we may bring that in the near future (within this year) if everything goes as planned and someone steps up to do it.

post scriptum: icrease TWJD resolution limit, keep TWDD the same. off topic ftw. not sure why you made the poll like that in the other thread when they are completely different leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Arobas+ View Post
                      I thought the same until I realized that a game is made of round and 1 round can be 2v2 and the other 5v5 because of !ap ehhh :/
                      well that can be solved fairly easily, just count the amount of players in the first round and base it on that.

if the first round starts as 5vs5 and every other round is 5vsX after that then you would get full points.

if the first round starts as 4vs4 and !addplayer is done mid-game (when it's 20-20) and every round after that would be 5vs5 then you would get only 80% of the rating. same thing if the !addplayer is done after round 1, only 80% of the rating would be given. also, if the first round starts as 5vs5 and the second/third rounds are 4vs4 then you would get only 80% of the rating.

if you get what I mean. :P

Comment

Stupid idea
                        Gun remembers.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                          well that can be solved fairly easily, just count the amount of players in the first round and base it on that.

if the first round starts as 5vs5 and every other round is 5vsX after that then you would get full points.

if the first round starts as 4vs4 and !addplayer is done mid-game (when it's 20-20) and every round after that would be 5vs5 then you would get only 80% of the rating. same thing if the !addplayer is done after round 1, only 80% of the rating would be given. also, if the first round starts as 5vs5 and the second/third rounds are 4vs4 then you would get only 80% of the rating.

if you get what I mean. :P
                          I think what you're saying is.. the points will be based on whatever number of players the game was accepted as?

So if a game was challenged as a 3v3, then by the end it was 5v5.. then still only 60% of points or whatever are earned?
                          1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                          Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                          1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                          1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                          beam> stfu tsunami
                          Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                          beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                          Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Originally posted by Arobas+ View Post
                            We talk about TWJD and TWDD, not TWBD. Everyone knows it doesn't make sense to do a 3v3 in a BD. The thing is, creating a new league would require a lot of programming and dropping the mininum players for a game to 3 (jd/dd) is a good compromise.
                            ...and everybody knows it doesn't make sense to do a 3v3 DD, perhaps you should start playing the league before turning it into a pile of shit. 3v3 DD would be like a 5v5 BD or worse.
                            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

not exactly, i meant that if the game starts (before go) as 5s (e.g the !challenge itself can be :4, but !ap is done before go) then you would get full rating.

as for flared; pretty sure you know this by now but there are times when squads only have 3 people available for a game (either 3 people online/available or the squad is playing a DD and 3 people that aren't playing want to play a JD and not wait 40 mins+ for that to happen), which is why this idea would be great.

people would still be playing 4vs4 more than 3vs3 -- but at least 3vs3 would boost up the activity a bit, and it'd be more fun to play.

while we're at it, "TWL is 5vs5 (or 8vs8 in TWLB) so why are we allowing 4vs4 in TWDD/TWJD and 7vs7 or lower in TWBD?" -- just to throw a random argument to shut you guys up about TWL and shit. :fear:

Comment

Working...
                              X