TWDD Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDD Proposal

After seeing all these amazing ideas I decided that it was no longer worthwhile to wait around with my ideas on what I think we should change in TWDD.

This game is 15 years old and its ridiculous that people have to play the same old twdd event that we have been playing forever (in private arenas before twd was around newbies) with no changes at all. We need to do something to change it up, make it more flavorful and easier to swallow for the new age players who come to play this game and complain about resolutions. Ok so first off we change the warbird into the nightwasp and make it trench wars nightwasp division, infinite repels, super, prox, level 3 bouncing shrap, and shields, we shrink the size of the arena so that you can see the entire map on your gigantic fucking resolution, and then we give every ship 500000 energy and make it to one death. I am hoping that by doing this, we get rid of all the luck and skill that has plagued this division since it was created and change it into a complete bullshit league that nobody at all wants to play but enough noisy minorities whined about until they got their way even though a majority of players didn't want it. If you don't like this one I have another idea for twdd that involves us changing the map into a forest, and having a bot a few feet from where you get warped out of the safe zone, and there you talk to the bot and he gives you the quest to gain twdd points for your squad by defeating 10 "blue ships" and returning to him when you have finished. Maybe with that last idea we could even mix up the leagues a little bit, once you level up enough in twdd you will have to go to the village of javelins and ask the javelin sage how to get rid of the retarded resolution master who has destroyed the netherworld with his love of extremely retarded resolutions and the only way to break the curse is to first kill 10 ships that bear his mark otherwise known as the "spiders" and then we could have warbird vs spider duels in ?go twsd to make it more active again.. maybe even 3v3 ones.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Or we could just keep the same fucking settings we had that worked perfectly well for this zone for 15 years and understand that changing the fucking resolution to something ridiculous isn't going to make the whiners whine any less, it will just be something else next, and it isn't going to make up for the fact that its a 15 year old game and the settings we are used to playing with have obviously been good enough for the majority of time this zone will be alive.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

that's called life bro. Will constantly be obstacles in our way.
      TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
      2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
      TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
      TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
      cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
      Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

You have a completely ass-backwards attitude, to be honest. Name one successful online game that is only ever played on one single map ever, and is never ever tweaked or changed. I think it's pretty obvious that the game isn't exactly prospering by staying static and never ever touching the sacred settings or maps. If you want the game to die, then sure, leave everything as-is. Games change stuff up and offer variety to keep things interesting. You might say the game has "worked" as-is for 15 years, but I'd say that it's more that no one had the balls to change anything.

I'm trying to give people more to do while avoiding stepping on toes as much as possible. Yes, there will be new maps, but they will be additions to the current ones, not replacing anything. Yes, there will be a 3vs3 (or 2vs2) division, but it will be separate from the current divisions. Yes, I went ahead with raising the resolution limits, and that was something I felt should be done. Guess what? You keep talking about "whiners whining" to raise the limits, but the only whining I've seen is from you and a few other anti-change people. Also, actually, with alternative TWDD maps, any perceived "advantage" of having a higher resolution than other players could be nullified.

Any pubber that played with a widescreen monitor would probably never start playing TWD because of the resolution limit. If you were playing 1920x1200 in pub and decided to check out TWDD and got disconnected 10 seconds later because your resolution was too high, chances are you're going to say "fuck it" and not bother. It really makes no sense to have anything but uniform resolution limits in every arena in the zone.

I am not going to argue with you anymore, because it's obvious you're mostly just trolling, but if you think leaving everything exactly the same is a good way to keep interest in the game, you're wrong.
        Last edited by Stabwound; 07-01-2010, 12:46 AM.
        sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
          Also, actually, with alternative TWDD maps, any perceived "advantage" of having a higher resolution than other players could be nullified.
          could you please elaborate on this? i played a few twdd's yesterday and i concluded my whole team needs atleast 1600 resolution to be useful.
          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Sigh...
            TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
            2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
            TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
            TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
            cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
            Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

the random person doesn't download the game and try to go play a twdd match, that generally takes enough time for a person to actually.. learn about the game before they go play it since they have to join a squad and all. You are wrong. Change it back.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
              X