No announcement yet.

Resolution Cap only for TWDD after Final Reset - Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seriously will quit if this doesn't get changed.
    4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
    4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
    4:Geio> DEEZ?
    4:Geio> LOLOL
    4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
    4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
    4:spirit> LOL
    4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
    4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
      I seriously will quit if this doesn't get changed.
      +1

tired of this nonsense
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I could see where all you guys are coming from trying to expand the game and all with big reso, but it's not effective unless it's consistent. If people agree to make TWL, TWDTDTDTDTDTDTDTD, and TWD ALL have no reso, then hell, i'm fine with it. What I don't agree with is the lack of consistency, it defeats the purpose of practice. This monitor can go up to 2100x1400 or some crap like that, but I choose to play with 1280x1020.

My stance on reso in general: cap it. Everywhere that an advantage is given, primarily warbird. There's a CLEAR advantage in having big reso, hey, i'm a warbird, i've tried both, and i'm telling you it's a LOT easier to dodge, and long-range aim (in case annoying faggots like paul come in, yeah, more dodge, but that's one hell of an advantage).

In conclusion: just cap it. I don't care TOO much about it, more about TWDT and TWL, but hey, the people have (and will) clearly show what they want. Just listen to them for once to preserve what's left of people's general respect towards Trench Wars Staff.

Thanks. Now tell Cres 2 leave me alone.

Comment

What, exactly, is the point of having a poll in TW over this? Anyone that actually plays in and gives a crap about TWD already has a forum account and they're all pretty actively contributing their opinion. But hey, that's cool, if you'd rather value the opinion of Sir Pubber Knight, who has 5 hours of play time and only goes around killing people in a weasel while spamming ridiculous macros in pub about how badly everyone sucks instead of the people who actually, you know, play this league, then I would honestly suspect that the final outcome of the situation is that the already shrinking size of the league will just deteriorate faster. But maybe that's your endgame after all. To kill the zone so we can all move to World of Warcraft and get ganked by the Pallies guild. I see what you're doing here, sirs, and I am against it.
          GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

I fail to notice the no-res limit bought in any new players just because they can use 2000 pixels to perfectly predict which enemy to vulch?

Obviously, LaSenza is one. I asked him when/if he was ever going to TWD and he finally did when he realised he could use his immense reso in league.

I know for a fact I'll be more active in TWD knowing no one has an advantage over me.

Comment

I'm very sad to see that the higher res will be going. I know I definitely started playing more once it was introduced. In fact, I was actually hoping twl would become higher res. I recognize most of the names in this thread; while I know you are all much better/older wbs than myself, I felt compelled to vote in my favor of keeping high res... after all, this is the first thread/poll I've even heard about the res issue. I'm not sure how capping dd will affect my activity [if it goes into effect], not that any of you care. ^.^

~Fusionbomb

Edit: If you're gonna nerf everyone's ability to play in high res, you may as well nerf everyone's internet speeds so everyone lags the same, too. =D

2nd Edit: 1280x1024 is just too small... should at least keep 1600x1200.
              Last edited by Fusionbomb; 02-15-2011, 06:21 PM. Reason: extra thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by Fusionbomb View Post
                I'm not sure how capping dd will affect my activity [if it goes into effect], not that any of you care. ^.^
                Every point-of-view and opinion expressed on this issue is good, we need more people like you who play on the higher-resos to contribute to discussion.

Obviously we're all going to biased by the reso we play but we need to work out if people will stop playing if this limit is introduced to twd.

Comment

Why is this even an arguement? Not everyone who plays this game is a headset wearing gamer geek with a 42" monitor.

Hecklar was exclusively an elim player before the res limit was raised, now he's straying his way to MVP in TWLD while his team plays 3vs4.

Curse couldn't go even in warbird before the res limit was raised, now he thinks he's good because he accidentally kills 12 people per game from halfway across the arena.

wiibimbo is an example of how new players are entering the zone and starting with the highest reso their monitors will allow and learning to play like pussies from the start and never actually learning how to fly the ship.

All that aside, the biggest issue is that having the ability to play at such high resolutions is an unfair advantage for the 10% of players that can use them, and an obvious disadvantage to other 90%. A player playing at 1280 and a player playing at 1920 aren't even playing the same game.

You saw what happened in Egypt.
                  SSCU Trench Wars Regular Player with several TWD and Golf4 titles.

Ryan> i watched midget blow job for days once

Comment

Originally posted by BMW 328is View Post
                    ...the biggest issue is that having the ability to play at such high resolutions is an unfair advantage for the 10% of players that can use them, and an obvious disadvantage to other 90%.
                    That's how I feel about lag. Just because everyone can't afford cable/dsl, maybe we should set lag cap too. Lag is a much greater issue in dd's than res, imo.

Edit: I know it's capped, but it needs to be stricter, apparently.

Comment

That's how I feel about lag. Just because everyone can't afford cable/dsl, maybe we should set lag cap too. Lag is a much greater issue in dd's than res, imo.

Right but staff cannot control how people connect to the game. Lag is a bitch but it's an inevitability that can't be resolved with a poll. If the lag limits were much stricter than they are now, even players with good connections would be lagging out with the tiny spikes that come with WiFi and just internet connections in general.

Comment

lag is restricted, you cant control where people live...you will have australians and euros playing...resolution on the other hand you can, dont make useless comparisons
                        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

So far the poll results speak for itself. Hey, if you think 1280x1024 is too small and you can't play on it, then you're just a bad player making excuses. Put in the time and get better, practice more? Quit being a lazy pussy and trying to have a higher resolution be the answer for lack of skills. That's like riding a bike on training wheels and claiming you can ride a bike.

Man up and play on the traditional res, like all the other warbirds that came before you. Or else just put an asterisk by your name, because you're irrelevant.
                          RaCka> how can i get you here
                          death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                          RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                          death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

It's not a useless comparison. It's actually perfectly reasonable. And don't bother trolling me and such, I know I'm a bad player. I'm just sorry I don't have the time in my life to waste practicing such a silly game when YOU should be the one out there getting a real job to buy a 21 inch monitor for less than $100. =D

Edit:

~Fusionbomb*

Comment

It's not a useless comparison. It's actually perfectly reasonable. And don't bother trolling me and such, I know I'm a bad player. I'm just sorry I don't have the time in my life to waste practicing such a silly game when YOU should be the one out there getting a real job to buy a 21 inch monitor for less than $100. =D

Edit:

~Fusionbomb*
                              Oh they're only $100? I change my vote.

Comment

real job? i play this game on laptop because i dorm since i attend an university, im not going to buy a desktop or bring my desktop to my dorm room just so i can out-stray you in a dd...and even if i did play on my desktop i wouldnt play on super reso because im not a faggot like you

Comment

Working...
                                X