No announcement yet.

Resolution Cap only for TWDD after Final Reset - Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summa thats a ridiculous argument, you are suggesting that we are driving away players by capping resolutions in a league that most people don't play until about I would say six months or more into the game. Pubs aren't capped so when they enter the game they can play on whatever resolution they like up to 1900x1200 which is the games maximum. Once they join a competitive league I am sure they can see the sense in having a resolution everyone can use for competitions sake. So anyways, capping divisions and leagues don't make new players quit the game. Besides if you want to go that route like I have said a million times, I would think having to deal with people playing at 300ms and 2.0% c2s and s2c would drive more people away from this game than a resolution cap, especially since nearly everyone in the world has broadband internet now. And lets face it a majority of the people that are in leagues actively also have forum accounts and know how to post, especially with that friendly "go vote on the forums now for resolution limits in twd" message every 30 minutes in a *zoner. Really you are just reaching man. Basically this game has been about skill since it was created not about how much money you have, thats why there are lenient lag limits that let people like Brokenfist and Dak play in division and league, and that is why there have been resolution limits in place for 7-8 years. Res Caps were in place during the golden age of Trench Wars and the height of its population, even though people used the 1900 res 8-12 years ago before it got capped. What you are saying doesn't really hold water.

And Demonic, you told predator something wrong and it took me talking to him for a good 30 minutes to get him to see the sense in doing a poll over trusting you. And we both see the results of that.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• I think that your best chance to grab and keep a new player's interest in any game is to ensure that their initial experience with the more competitive side is both exciting and challenging, without being overwhelming. Assuming everyone uses the same resolution, there should be minimal impact on the sense of "challenge" that new players experience, regardless of whether everyone is playing on 1280 or 1600+ resolution.

Now in terms of excitement, how exhilarating do you think 5 on 5 WB is when all 10 players are on 1600+ resolutions? Even more importantly, most players probably watch at least a handful of TWD matches before deciding to get involved and you really don't want them watching the TW equivalent of North American soccer (no offense to any fans).

Neither side can absolutely prove what impact a res cap would have on the size of TW's community, but I think it would improve the level of excitement in leagues and this zone could really use a boost in that category because we can't exactly count on the game's graphic to provide a thrilling experience.

Comment

• I think that there should be a cap on leagues and division games.
        Staff should stop thinking their opinion is better than the general public.
        Soon Staff won't have this problem because all of the players will leave and staff will have to fill a big void in their lives.
        Cap it!
        This is ridiculous...

Comment

• Give everyone what they want, and use the new bot system to have arena's with different resolution limits.

0 reasons for this to be 3 pages long.

Comment

• When i started this game my res was 1024X768 as was the norm. These ridiculous resolutions make dd's almost unplayable. What is the point of a radar when you can see the whole area the radar covers? The res limit should have never been raised in wbs.

Implement the change now! If not I swear to god tw will go egypt on your hosni mobarak slow change.
            Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

• I just finished the thread.

This is even worse than I thought. Do you guys realize how terrible dd's and ld's would be with EVERYONE on a 1900X1440 res? Nobody would die. Games would take damn near an hour, if players were reckless. How can this even be seen as a viable possibility? The people that want no res cap are inherently anti-wb. How did this happen?

Edit: Summa you are the worst.
              Last edited by Mattey; 02-18-2011, 04:26 AM.
              Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

• So when will this be implemented?
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

• Me and kthx agreed on running the vote for a week.
                  Original Mambonian
                  TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
                  I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

• I still think we need to discuss Demonic.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by PredatoR_FNM View Post
                      Me and kthx agreed on running the vote for a week.

Well thats a good idea, instead of giving everyone what they want, go with a majority in a polling system that is highly flawed.

Comment

• ^ This game is 15 YEARS OLD... in case you haven't seen that in the myriad of posts so far. Therefore, the ideas and 'fixes' must be obsolete, too.

Comment

• one more day ^________________^
                          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

• I thought this humid guy quit? Guy doesn't even play warbird and has no idea what he's talking about.

Comment

• trust me, he stopped talking for a reason.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Results are in

All twdd arenas are now limited to resolution of 1440x1024 (cannot have two different resolution options).

This ofcouse means you can play 1280x1024 or lower or with widescreens you can use 1440x900. Which ever you prefer.

I asked to keep the twdd4's resolution unchanged since its our testmap but it got changed aswell. It might be changed back to bigger resolution.
                                Original Mambonian
                                TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
                                I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

Working...
                                X