Calling all TWD orphans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all TWD orphans!

long story short, i need help getting a new squad off the ground. the twd reset is happening as i type this, which means the 35 player roster limit will now be in effect. surely there will be some older players without homes, and there are plenty of pubbers to go seek out and bring into the wonderful world of twd.

the rest of the story goes like this:

i could be lazy and take one of the last few spots on a squad that doesn't need (or probably want) me at all. instead, i'm doing what this rule was intended to get us to do.

this will not be a success if some of you don't stand up and lend me a hand. i'm going to force myself to be more active than i've been lately. i just settled in from a move into a new place. i got a promotion at work which actually (believe it or not) is going to give me more weeknight evening availability to get in the game.

i'm looking for players who are willing to suffer through the growing pains of a new squad.

i'm looking for players who are willing to play next to newbies who don't know everything there is to know and will thus be frustrating at times.

i'm looking for newbies who are willing to learn from more experienced players.

basically, i'd like to do what royst is doing with -tenure-, but i can't do it by myself. i can promise you i won't punk out like aura did. he puts up a thread and inside of a week he's tucking his tail between his legs and running away. fuck that. if you join me, i can at the very least promise you that i won't give up easily.

so if anyone is interested, hit me up either in this thread, with a forum pm, or an in-game ?message.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

oh, and i'm playing as alf. so don't look for jason in-game.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Well, it turns out I couldn't compete with any squads' recruiting. Tenure and -Tenure- sucks up everyone not on a squad. I also have too much load on myself being captain of twdt, twd, running/maintaining a minecraft server, and being in school. I've been captain or playing on newbie squads for about the last year. This has been a long devotion to a cause when I have no problem getting on decent squads. You are probably calling me out because I dropped you from DT. Maybe if you logged on more than once a month I would have kept you on roster.
      Just like middle school, drawing pnus is frowned upon. ?go pictionary -SpookedOne

(duckrager)> You are a worthless scammer i hope you fall on your head and have a seizure

Tower> anyone here planning an 'Aura from trench wars bullied me' suicide?

Comment

actually i didn't even know i was still left in the dt database. i wasn't supposed to have been signed up for the draft, heh.

believe me, i know how difficult getting a squad going can be. all of the "talent" is basically a bunch of pussies who don't want to leave the comfort of their full rosters and what they know.

only really called you out because i was a little miffed to see that your effort was so short lived, but i honestly totally and completely understand what it's like to simply run out of time and energy to devote to spaceships.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

back on topic (because i really don't want this to be about flaming)

STEP RIGHT UP! WHO'S GOING TO HELP ME OUT?

surely at least one or two players would be willing to give this a try. it's not like you can't go back to where you were if it doesn't work out.
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

good luck jas

Comment

8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
              8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
              8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
              8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
              8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
              8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

hah, yeah probably schope.

i'm going to go at this for about two weeks and if i can't get it started, then i guess i'll have to give up.

and if in two weeks time i can't manage to get a squad going, i think it'll just go to show that the roster cap isn't worth a shit.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                  quadruple posts
                  Ban yourself if you are a good forum staff member.
                  Otherwise check ur inbox for my messages

Comment

Good luck
                    Original Mambonian
                    TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
                    I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

I'd join ya and bring some newbie friends but I kinda like it too much here, heh
                      (Children)>hunted for life
                      (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                      :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                        hah, yeah probably schope.

i'm going to go at this for about two weeks and if i can't get it started, then i guess i'll have to give up.

and if in two weeks time i can't manage to get a squad going, i think it'll just go to show that the roster cap isn't worth a shit.
                        1 week more than aura just for pride causes
                        8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                        8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                        8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                        8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                        8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                        8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

so far i'm met with nothing but:

"nah i'm already good where i'm at" coming from the established players

or

"nah i don't wanna play twd" coming from the pubbers

what a fun endeavor this is proving to be!
                          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

i mean you can't blame it on anyone but your recruiting methods. go to other zones, go to pub, etc. there's plenty of alternatives to recruiting from other squads where people have already established relationships and loyalty.

i'll talk to you in game

Comment

thix is gonna talk to you and help you out

Comment

Working...
                              X