X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amen and bless you, dear friend.

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
      No thats a terrible fucking idea Freddie/Flared. Let people play where they want to play instead of micromanaging TWD to death. Stop changing shit that isn't broken.
      Yeah, it would need so much micromanaging to not have rostercap for TWD. Maybe read the post before start raging. Also notice the last line "dont have rostercap at all".

Comment

You guys don't understand how this works.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

The stated goal is the roster limit was this:

"Why the roster limit?
          - This will create more twd squads and create more activity and games, we hope. We will see. If there is something wrong with the roster cap, we can always adjust it. Just be patient."

The roster limit was announced September 5th and implemented September 17th. In order to tell whether it succeeded in accomplishing what is what supposed to we need data from before and after it was implemented. If someone can provide this that would be great but if not neither side will be able to make a strong statistical case.

Theoretically however, I don't think a roster cap possibly increase twd activity. Without a roster cap, roster spots have no value and a squad can use them on players regardless of how active that player is. If a squad has 10 players that only log in once a week and there is no cap, this has no negative impact on a squad. With a roster cap however, these 10 players are now taking up roster spots that could be given to more active players. This leads to inactive players being "priced out" of roster spots since they do not provide enough value to the squad to be worth using a roster spot on. The problem is inactive players are mostly former active players. Inactive players often go back to being active players and being on a squad will naturally increase the likelihood of this happening. So a roster cap will remove inactive players from squads and decrease the likelihood that these players will ever become active again.

Comment

sorry, logic doesn't apply here! thx!

Comment

Get rid of the TWD cap. Keep TWL cap.

Comment

Saying that having a roster cap will increase activity is like saying we should set a limit to the number of people a firm or some shit would hire in order to increase the number of business'.

Makes sense right?
                cuz all the unemployed janitors and waitress' will form together to make a new business.

Lets not listen to the older, more experienced players, lets listen to the less important players who show up to the game once a month to host at ?go pictionary or something
                Im not saying im an older, more experienced player. I'm saying the people who favored leaving the roster the way it is, definitely have a more respectable opinion.

The whole time i've been reading about this argument i've come to agree with rasaq, who has so far said we should try it out, and change it back if it doesn't work.

...And clearly it hasn't

Comment

It's actually more comparable to having a roster cap in professional sports to keep one team from having 600 players. I don't really have any feelings on the roster cap either way I just couldn't let a comparison like that slide. Carry on
                  JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                  the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Exaggeration in form of argument. You wanna speak like adults son?

Comment

Exaggeration =/= comparing apples to oranges

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

talking about the number 600

Comment

And are u that narrow minded that u can't see the connection there?

Comment

Ding Ding: Round goes to the_paul!
                            (Children)>hunted for life
                            (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                            :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Let me simplify this for you

The people captains will axe won't be worth shit, just like a janitor to the owner of a buisiness

It is not, like a bunch of sports teams because having a good player won't be considered so great since it costs alot of $$$ to have on their team

It's more like a business because every player is worth the same to keep on their squad (0$), only difference is the amount of skill
                              A business relates to this since they pay all the workers the same wage, and only difference is the amount of productivity

Not to mention that running a squad, is completely different than just playing for one, and yes there are people who can cap that can't play *cough*paul*cough*

Comment

Keep the roster cap so I can keep aggravating raazi

Comment

Working...
                                X