Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make it so that you get NO points if the other team forfeits due to lack of players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Copy!?!

Lets see we challenge squad ELITE but then realise they have good ppl so we just spec and we dont lose pts but instead waste their time...

well this would be extremely lame, but im sure it would happen

which leaves myth's suggestion proabably the best:

that a forfeiting team loses points still, and or at an increased amount to prevent that from happening and to penalize people for being no shows or for stupid challenges
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Its ok now too. We come to that arena to win a match and gain pts but we end up with 7 mins of the time when we have enuff for a match wasted and without a win? thats bs if they dont show up we get the pts we would get anyways.
      MODERATOR WARNING: STOP SEXUALLY HARASSING ME, MEANIE :( -Angel <ZH>

Comment

Originally posted by Copy!?!
        This would cause chaos. You could just challenge every1 in all arenas and show up for the one i like to play the most while other ppl wouldnt be able to play in other arenas.
        Lets see we challenge squad ELITE but then realise they have good ppl so we just spec and we dont lose pts but instead waste their time...
        If the other squad cant get organised and show up after their captain has accepted the match we deserve those 5 pts we get because we were ready to play and had to wait 7 mins for them ffs.
        Sure, you could challenge in 3 different arenas. But losing 50 points from not showing up to 2 of the 3 games doesn't sound too good, eh? You aren't listening to what anyone is saying. The preposed thingy is this:

Squad A challenges Squad B.

Squad B accepts the challenge.

Squad A puts in 8 players.

Squad B puts in 2 players.

Squad A wins a forfiet game, and gains 0 points.

Squad B loses a forfiet game, and loses X number of points.

Do you understand? This makes it so that you get penalized for not putting enough players in, but the other team doesn't get any points from it.
        sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Luck
          um, i think both of you try to get forfeit games. Don't give me its just them. I recently went into a twbd arena and heard a captain from a team that primarily does twdd games say we'll give u a free win twbd if u twdd us ( that goes out to war angels). As for burning rose , u can clearly see they are doing that by your post. They should really look at who u play and not just the ladder to determine who gets the twl spot.

Pure.. that game wasn't cheap on our part.. they said that they had enough.. they didnt say free win if we twdd them..

Also.. unless you got a screen shot to prove it.. I wouldnt be spreading that shit

Comment

Originally posted by Mythrandir
            how about this?

on a forfeit, the winning squad doesn't gain any points. The losing squads will lose their rating points, maybe even multiplied by a factor
            YES, and if possible make it retroactive
            I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Webbb Llama v1.5
              YES, and if possible make it retroactive
              That would change the ratings of every squad. I don't want create unnecessary confusion.

The new rating changes on forfeit will be applied next weekend. The rating loss of the losing squad will probably be multiplied by 1.5

Comment

Thank you Myth!

Comment

Originally posted by Mythrandir
                  The new rating changes on forfeit will be applied next weekend. The rating loss of the losing squad will probably be multiplied by 1.5
                  Yay! I'm glad you think this is a good idea. This makes me very happy.
                  sdg

Comment

increasing the cost of the forfeit is one thing...but realistically if a team is forfeiting a match anyways what do they care if they lose 20 points or 50 points for it....

the issue here is really the winning squad benefitting from a forfeit, so i hope you are including in that change that no one gets points for a forfeit myth...or it is tiny like 5 points or something
                    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Hmmm, this won't work, unless you don't care about the equilibrium of the points in TWD. Those points that that team loses doesn't go anywhere, they just vanish?

Comment

Why tinker with the way things are now?

I strongly believe it should stay the same, cause if a team forfeits because their players don't show up... then thats the squad's problem, not TWD's problem.

If that is the problem in your squad the "War Angels", then cut the no shows and get good active going members who do show up on time.

Its pointless to discuss this any further.

Just leave it the way it is, its not our problem if a few squads can't get their members inline. Use you captain's power, warn them... 1 more time you no show, "C'ya later!!!! Party pooper!"

Nothing personal to WarAngels. and I can sort of understand your concerns. But from what I read, I can only deduce that why change something that has worked for a long time? The founders of twdd must have put careful thought when they conceived all this, and I won't question their wisdom.

later....
                        Last edited by WiseCherub; 06-12-2003, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WiseCherub
                          Why tinker with the way things are now?

I strongly believe it should stay the same, cause if a team forfeits because their players don't show up... then thats the squads problem, not TWD's problem.

If that is the problem in your squad the "War Angels", then cut the no shows and get good active going members who do show up on time.

Its pointless to discuss this any further.

Just leave it the way it is, its not our problem if a few squads can't get their members inline. Use you captain's power, warn them... 1 more time you no show, "C'ya later!!!! Party pooper!"

later....
                          maybe you should actually read posts and understand the topic before you spout off like a complete newb?

the point of this whole thread was that nobody cares about the squad giving up the forfeits..... squads are giving up forfeits on purpose to get games on other leagues like giving up a DD to get a JD or giving up a BD to get a DD ect.......

punishing the team doing the forfeits does absolutely nothing cause they didnt care about the forfeit to begin with.....

the whole point...is to remove the points a team gains from having a team forfeit....

2 benefits....:
                          a: in case of an accidental forfeit....no harm no foul...no biggie
                          b: a squad intentionally getting forfeited matches will no longer profit from this....

that is what this is about....

every other online game i play cherubin=newb so does that make you a wisenewb? if so maybe you should read and understand the issue first...before you give us your vast intellectual outbursts

Comment

ZING!

Comment

Like I said pointless, and keep in mind I don't forget a slight.

Comment

And further more, treat me nice, cause I'm a young Angel.

I even wonder if you know what Cherub means?
                                Cherub=young angel..... who likes to have lotsa fun..heh

Therefore, I'm a real Angel, unlike you.....

And us Canadians should try to be friends, not enemies.
                                Last edited by WiseCherub; 06-12-2003, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X