More roster ranks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More roster ranks...

I know the older players won't care about this, but maybe the newer people will. Let's try adding some new things to rosters that caps can play with. It may make the newer people compete and try harder to be a better player by adding promotions like most improved player that can be handed out by the end of the TWD season by a cap. Or maybe having a flame/snowflake icon next to a name of a player who is having a streak. Just having little things like that and giving the captains more responsibilities as a leader. I know I'd like something like this once I cap a squad next season for new players.

Being promoted to assistant is cool and all, especially when I was new and was promoted I felt like I improved enough for the cap to have trust in me to get games and manage the ladder. Credit the people who are improving.

Need a few Asscap+ slots that can accept people to rosters and stuff.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Yeh i like this idea Rasaq +1.
      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

what if there was an automated flame or snowflake next to the players that reflected current games
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I agree -- It may not seem like much but it could make being on a squad more interesting to the newer groups. Not that any of the positions mean anything but shit why not....

And KTHX -- ABSOLUTELY this should be done. Can only increase TWD activity if people don't have to wait until who knows when for the "lazy" squad captain to log onto his TWD account to accept people.

Captains - the only ones with the ability to dissolve.
          Ass Caps - now can manage roster on twd site in addition to their old responsibilities.
          Managers - basically this is what the ass caps were, they just manage the games and challenges.
          Veterans - established players on your roster who don't want to do anything but pew pew pew.
          Recruits - new recruits

I think my name choices are boring but whatever, I'm far from creative. Could even throw in another group in between "vets" and "recruits" probably.
          Fuck it.

Comment

someone find an animated gif of a park bench on fire and stick it next to my name on our twd roster page

pretty please
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

good idea rasaq. would possibly give newer players more incentive to play competitively
              J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
              8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

I like the idea of the snowflake and flame, too. Shows when players are doing well and when they're sucking. Although you'd have to decide if it were game wins or k:d ratios.
                sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
                1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

Honestly, what we really need is individualized stats, on a player-player basis (a way to track each player's stats, on a ladder system, so you can see who's the best each month, for example). This, along with improved elim stats, are what's gonna get more newer players more involved in the competition, along with the current players more interested in taking TWD seriously.

Sadly, I've done all I can to try to get something like this implemented, but it seems all the coders are busy enough with all the other crap they do. So... anyone good at coding and willing to put in work :P?

Comment

Should get a list of things the community wants to see on the site or in the game and post it here then prioritize it. Pick one at a time and talk to whomever to see if it can be done. Now that Dezmond is back maybe he can do this...

Would rather see things like this get done leading into next season than coding in some new command into a bot or fixing current bugs in Duel2.

Comment

I thought i mentioned these in earlier threads but perhaps not, anyways:

One of things i have considered is allowing caps to create their own ranking systems and chosing what powers with regards to roster that player may have, upto a max of 5 ranks. For example, quicksand may decide they want the following:

Owner: Complete control of squad
                      Captain: Complete control with exception of dissolving roster
                      Assistant captain: Can accept to roster but not remove, take games
                      Player: Can accept games (maybe have the ability to chose what league they can accept in)
                      Newbie: New player to squad, with no abilities.

The names like owner can be changed to things like god, emporor or whatever u like, as can any of the ranks so you can have your own choices within that. Of course this would require the new website, which is another topic. River, ya its a pain that we have to wait for those changes, especially as i feel TWLB is desperate for a stats update to reward sharks and Terr's better in terms of MVP etc, but as you said the coders are stretched right now.

Also considered giving players/squads experience pts or what have you, which although wouldnt affect anything in terms of twd or TWL can maybe affect things in pub in terms of prizes etc, but its just a thought atm with plenty of flaws etc and unsure if it would even have any interest or not.
                      Lastly would be looking to change TWD to perhaps allow 3v3 jd's or DD's with half pts awarded or something, as less players its harder to get 5v5 going then it used too, but again unsure if it would be a popular change or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Demonic View Post
                        Also considered giving players/squads experience pts or what have you, which although wouldnt affect anything in terms of twd or TWL can maybe affect things in pub in terms of prizes etc, but its just a thought atm with plenty of flaws etc and unsure if it would even have any interest or not.
                        Thanks for bringing that up, was also an idea I wanted to bring up. With a players progression through the roster ranking they achieve pub cash from the squad's bank. Also, squads can earn cash from matches if they win 35 or more TWD points or something on that line to build up the squad's bank. Another idea would be, say Creature wins an event with a 10k points prize, he gets 90% and the rest goes to his squad's bank. Have the caps in charge and if people want to, let them donate money to the squad. Maybe it'll get more TWD players involved in pub, wasting the squads cash together to annoy people or take over base, and in return those pub players get more involved with TWD.

Comment

Wtf snowflakes? might as well post pics of ur naked mom trading ur magin n pokemon cards for you so fucking ghey
                          Originally posted by Dr. Snyder
                          I think pure pubs started the problem but regardless it looks like the LTers have died out so why doesn't anyone come up with an idea soley based on bring the newbs to this game. Fuck the vets this zone is dying cause people who have been playing to long can't stand change. Because this zone is some teri shivo shit right now and I gots no problem with knifing babies but leave the bitch alone.

Comment

The snowflake/flame icon for when players are on a bad streak / good streak (based on ?? wins? k:d?) but yeah still good idea. So we can find out who actually sucks
                            1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                            JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                            1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                            http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

I agree with alot of these ideas... Improvements from now on should really be geared up towards new players- making them stick to this game/ making things exciting for them.

Personally I think it would be nice if:

1) Players could join a squad in Pub without the need to go to twd arena (add it as an option in tw-pub1).

2) Make it easier for new players by somehow allowing them to apply to a squad without the need to go onto a website... (although its always good they go there to check out stats/ ladders and see other cool things) but asking them to go to a website puts some people off str8 away or they can't be bothered.

3) This is just a feature and not very important: On the roster, beside each name on the left- Display the ship the player has played the most in (twd only). So for me a small Jav pic will be displayed (jav) 1. Fork (twl medals here- which i have none)

4) ?Maybe new players should get $5-10k pub cash for joining a squad- this should be advertised regularly.

5) Maybe players get rewarded for each twd game they play/ mvp/ or decent rec. Maybe in levels and players can advance. They can see their current lvl at the top right and a command can show them how many points are remaining to the next level (or you can see in small how many points are remaining till the next lvl). Each players Twd Level is shown next to their name on the roster. <--- this idea could work and make twd way more fun. Twd would become addictive. Maybe when a round ends in any twd game... the points pop-up in the centre of your screen and if you do well, maybe a small well-done message is displayed like this: +1290- Good Job!

Maybe have a different level for each twd division? One for Jav/Wb/Basing or just have one overall lvl?

Now levels do reset on each twd reset + maybe they reset when u leave a squad- or not?
                              Last edited by Fork; 03-07-2012, 07:54 AM.
                              1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Working...
                              X