Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so whats the official stand on laggots like me

hi in case you havent seen me around tw, this is my lag on a normal day:
    PING Current:280 ms Average:280 ms Low:260 ms High:360 ms S2C: 0.4% C2S: 0.1%

the lowest ive ever seen is 240ms for Low and 260ms for Average. i have good stable lag on most days, within the 300ms limit for twd. and 1.0% limit for packetloss of course.

so heres what happens. twdbot refuses to spec me (well i lagout pretty often but there are times i get to stay in the game when my lags stable and low for my case). so when ppl get pissed with me they call in the mods to spec me manually. theres are a couple of very understanding staffers honestly, iirc disown KANE and a few others i cant remember offhand, they choose not to spec me because my lag is solely due to location. i dont induce, torrent, whatever.

yet today i got specced in the middle of a jd again by a staffer with 280 280 .4 .1, yes its the ?lag you see above. so i asked, so i should never ever twd again since this is about the lowest lag i can get. he said no, just dont twd with people that send 900 lagcheater calls in.

lol come on seriously. there has to be an official stand on this? im really really sick of getting specced and if i cant twd then theres little point in this game anymore. not that people will give a shit about my disappearance, but how about looking at this objectively and giving an official response to this matter, so fellow laggots (cant actually think of another, other than daldur whos not really active) can take note.

this is not really a whine. just. i need to find a reason to continue playing this game. few years back couldnt touch twl cuz of my lag which i really understand, but now that ive started playing again i cant even twd properly.

..wtf.

please spare me the YOU SUCKS and GTFO LAGGOT posts

buy a connection
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

im pretty sure the general consensus will be something along the lines of 'tough titties'

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

rough rear-ends
        sigpic
        All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Allowing laggots in the zone makes it worse, especially in competitive play.

Comment

If you are not spiking, you really shouldnt be getting specced if you are within the twd lag limits.
            Theres a complaints email, and I suggest you use that as a last resort. Talk to the TWD heads, so theu can clear up proper procedure to staffers.
            Former TW Staff

Comment

pretty sure we should have bots regulating lagspecs and not people
              The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
              SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Cheese, ehe laglimits are in place to make sure people like Dengue can still play without being laggy enough to create unfair gameplay. If someone is laghacking or inducing, that is a different story, but if you are not seen to be spiking or lagging erratically you should not be removed. The TWD bots already lagcheck for PLOSS and Spike checks, but they aren't flawless, hence the need to call staff in to make sure players are not cheating.

(RoboHelp)>To register instances of abuse by any Trench Wars staff member(s), please e-mail your side of the
                (RoboHelp)>story to twcomplaints@gmail.com

There's the email I mentioned earlier, I'm home now so I can log in and get it for ya.
                Former TW Staff

Comment

A staffer gets called in when the bot isn't doing it right. That's because the bot doesn't see the eats and such. All it would know is that the player involved have such and such lag info. That's what staff does on lag calls. We watch for eats and record lag info. If you're close to that line, like it sounds you were, and eating enemy bombs and bullets, then you would be asked to reconnect to the zone or subbed. This does not mean you can't play twd. To all players who lag, we encourage active play of course, but also we ask for your cooperation. When you lag, you should be more understanding and willing to reconnect upon request. Playing with excessively laggy players can be as bad as lagging out yourself, so try to be courteous to your opponents and your teammates and understand the mutli-sided dilemma with lag. On that note, I wish the best of luck to you in your future games!

Comment

I'm going to continue to report players who's lag gives them an unfair advantage, regardless of whether the bot picks it up or not.

The worst thing you can say to me "his lag is within acceptable limits", I will give you grief until the end of your days.

Comment

I believe most of you are failing to see the point here. This problem is not just one person either, there are a lot of players who lag like dengue does but it just so happens that he spoke up for himself. Lag does effect competitive play and we have stricter lag limits in TWL. What is considered competitive play varies so people always feel the need to make people like dengue feel guilty, like they are cheating, and don't belong here. Playing with this type of lag day in and day out can be even more frustrating for the lagger than it is the people being killed. They just don't complain about the eats and problems they have because of that guilt trip they are put on.

This becomes a big problem in TWD, the people that are doing the reporting in TWD are the ones that are losing the game. They exploit our ignorance by calling in a staff member knowing they will spec them and gain the advantage they need to win the game. The rule is against abuse and most of the time in these situations it's not the lagger who is the one abusing. In all reality if these people stopped lagging they will probably still win because your shots might kill but so will theirs. Spare the fight for those who really do abuse instead of blaming the ones who don't fight back.

Comment

Having been laggy for a while myself I can say its easier to play when you're the one laggy because you know how to react/deal with it. The lag of another person is more unpredictable. Small shipmovements causing you to seemingly vulch or whatever. Not that I ever tried to increase my lag, because its still annoying.
                        (Children)>hunted for life
                        (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                        :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Originally posted by WillBy View Post
                          A staffer gets called in when the bot isn't doing it right. That's because the bot doesn't see the eats and such. All it would know is that the player involved have such and such lag info. That's what staff does on lag calls. We watch for eats and record lag info. If you're close to that line, like it sounds you were, and eating enemy bombs and bullets, then you would be asked to reconnect to the zone or subbed. This does not mean you can't play twd. To all players who lag, we encourage active play of course, but also we ask for your cooperation. When you lag, you should be more understanding and willing to reconnect upon request. Playing with excessively laggy players can be as bad as lagging out yourself, so try to be courteous to your opponents and your teammates and understand the mutli-sided dilemma with lag. On that note, I wish the best of luck to you in your future games!
                          speaking of reconnecting. is it possible to avoid the whole +1 death when you do it. if not, then it should be.
                          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

i agree. i think the +1 only applies when the arena specs you (s2c or c2s) or if you spec yourself. so if a staffer specs you, you should be okay, just like when the bot specs you. so just ask them to or wait for the bot to lag you out

Comment

11ms = advatage on 60ms
                              300ms = advantage? on 60ms
                              btw, tw server lags like crazy hell!
                              You live far away or use a wireless link?

The solution is obviously to sue all ISPs because they care about money and not quality gameplay! I srsly hate high latency ISPs with a passion. burn them.. burn them all..
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X