No announcement yet.

possible double squadding in twd -- idea only at the moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fear is that squad cohesion will be lost. People will no longer care about their squad as much if they can play on any squad that happens to be playing at the moment. Your squad identity, the group of friends you always talk to on chat when you logon, that is what drives this game for me. If I suddenly am on every basing squad's chat at one point or another, if I have played a basing game with every squad, it might be fun for a while. But I am afraid that after a month or so I won't even care what my real squad is until TWL comes around. I don;t know about other leagues, but I think twbd will become go base after a while, and people won;t care about who wins, who gets points, what squad is best if there are permeable barriers between squads. The 24 hour squad change limit was put in place to make sure people don;t just hop around and destroy the importance of twd.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
      WE ARE NOT A DEMOCRACY! WE NEED A STRONG LEADER WHO IS NOT AFRAID OF MAKING DECISIONS! GROW BALLS, LADY!

Your idea sounds like it would require a lot of work, Gran. Denied.
      • Good idea, implement ASAP

12 27.91%
      • Good idea, but needs more work first

8 18.60%
      • Not a great idea, but has potential

10 23.26%
      • Terrible idea..dont do it

13 30.23%

12+8=20
        12-8=4
        20/4=5

13+10= 23
        13-10=3
        23/3=7.66 (you can round it out to 8 if you want, or even 7.5 doesn't matter)

the votes for yes is at about 5
        the votes for no is at about 7.5-8

answer is no.
      sigpic
      All good things must come to an end.

Comment

i was told there would be no math

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Reaver, the focus and direction of this proposal is basically to create two non-TWL squads populated by double-squadders, pubbers, twders, whomever so that at almost anytime TWers have enough to play TWD matches and giving new players a better entry into more competitive play.

The idea is simple: get a good chunk of the population on either of those squads so that:
          1) when your main squad (Penetrate, Fierce, Pandora, Dice, Sage, unicorns!, Paladen, etc.) doesn't have enough to play, you can play on the training squad
          2) allows newer players to play with veterans and learn

It's simple, concise, and it would be great if we could start this once TWL finishes in a month or two.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

What relevance does a poll have, when any jav / wb (who doesn't give two sh*ts about our game), is allowed to give a deciding vote? How many random pubbers were included in the tally ? It's redundant..

And replying to vati's post. I understand where you're coming from with the worry of squad cohesion. But these are training squads. Night and day. The level of competition will be entirely different. You will be surrounded by pubbers, newcomers to basing from EG , etc. Example ) when royst made his training squad, he had specific goals in mind. He followed through with them as best he could, and then he really had no issues twl'ing later in the season.

The idea should be trialed at least, and if it works? We can continue making adjustments as we move along. Players like Blahhy. started in tw on squads like Trauma+. I believe Oder came from Brainwave originally. Blahhy, a new comer from EG at the time, is now starting regularly on one of the best squads in lb history.

Imagine if the average pubber was actually made aware that our league even EXISTS ?
            Because right now, they don't ..

Comment

Boring thread. Close ASAP.
              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Any updates on this? TWDD dying right before my eyes. Javs more active than WBs right now, got 4 active DD squadrons. I know about 4-5 people DSing and I surely would love to freely DS and get back to being active, which I've not been in quite a long time.

Comment

Public opinion was split, so no, no updates on it im sorry to say.

Comment

What about allowing 3v3?

Comment

Could we trial this in twbd ? The initial want for it (this time) came strongly from the basing community. A thread started by claushouse.

Are we not doing it because of indifference on forum, or are we not doing it out of fear of negative feedback if it doesn't work out? Just seems like more could be done to maintain activity during offseason.

What are the risks of trialing this, really.. could we lose activity over it ? Could the game improve because of it?

Comment

Seeing alot of influencial players who are FOR this. Maketso, Rule, Reaver, Infrared, Jack, Rasaq, Ardour, Death Row, Turban. Players who've been around for the past 5-10 years.

Then the voting becomes swayed by people that are posting (whom i've never seen play a game of twd in my life). And if players like 'Exalt' voted (which he most likely did), how relevant are these votes anyways ?

P.S I do appreciate the fact that staff are trying to gather data on the subject, but it shouldn't end here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
                          What about allowing 3v3?
                          Or 2v2 for half the points

Comment

Y dis thread not closed yet is beyond me. I said NO. Over.
                            "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                            Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                            Dral>I can get implants

Comment

The problem here is demonic is listening to players like "mtine", a nobody who's opinion isn't relevant. Implement a trial before TW completely dies. I find myself rarely logging on now since my squad never has four, and if we do, nobody else does.

Comment

The problem here is demonic is listening to players like "mtine", a nobody who's opinion isn't relevant. Implement a trial before TW completely dies. I find myself rarely logging on now since my squad never has four, and if we do, nobody else does.
                                This.

Guy is just mad active on forums and seems like he doesn't have a good opinion in any TWD/L developing cause.
                                Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                                Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                                Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                                Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                                Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                                Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                                Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Working...
                                X