This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matchbot update 06/20/2013

Bots have been updated to always give +1 death on lagout instead of some inconsistency when the bot manually specced a player vs server lagging them out.
    Thanks for the fix KANE!
    5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
    1:Cig <er>> ROFL
    1:fiS> LOL
    1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Oh didnt see this thread yet when i made mine;

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...-1-lagout-rule

Comment

That's fucking stupid

Comment

I don't think that this is a "fix", because I really doubt that it was broken in the first place, I rather think that it was put like that intentionally, for a reason. Being with Mellow, and Mellow mainly playing BDs, just some DD/JD every once in a while -and me personally not being a great fan of these- this isn't going to affect me much, but it's going to get me annoyed really soon.

When people "legitly" lag out because of a lag spike, I don't think that he/she should get +1 death added because it just happens too often and unintentionally. And from my very own experience I can say that I'm not inducing, not running torrents, not even YT or anything that would possibly affect my lag, and even I (from Europe, with a ping of 130-150 ms) get occasional lag outs. A lot of players on Mellow are euros and they lag out every once in a while, it just happens. I have a feeling that it's going to get really annoying...

Hence I can't really understand the purpose of this. I always thought the +1 death add was to prevent people from speccing/Esc+Q to dodge a death, and that was the whole intention, which now doesn't matter anymore. Probably hurts more than it does prevent people from being reckless with their torrenting.

That's just my couple cents I got to throw in.

Comment

Originally posted by fiS View Post
          I don't think that this is a "fix", because I really doubt that it was broken in the first place, I rather think that it was put like that intentionally, for a reason. Being with Mellow, and Mellow mainly playing BDs, just some DD/JD every once in a while -and me personally not being a great fan of these- this isn't going to affect me much, but it's going to get me annoyed really soon.

When people "legitly" lag out because of a lag spike, I don't think that he/she should get +1 death added because it just happens too often and unintentionally. And from my very own experience I can say that I'm not inducing, not running torrents, not even YT or anything that would possibly affect my lag, and even I (from Europe, with a ping of 130-150 ms) get occasional lag outs. A lot of players on Mellow are euros and they lag out every once in a while, it just happens. I have a feeling that it's going to get really annoying...

Hence I can't really understand the purpose of this. I always thought the +1 death add was to prevent people from speccing/Esc+Q to dodge a death, and that was the whole intention, which now doesn't matter anymore. Probably hurts more than it does prevent people from being reckless with their torrenting.

That's just my couple cents I got to throw in.
          Exactly that.

Comment

I am willing to consider the removal of all +1 death on lagout in twdd and twjd however it wont happen without serious public support for it.
            5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
            1:Cig <er>> ROFL
            1:fiS> LOL
            1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

Originally posted by Reckful View Post
              I am willing to consider the removal of all +1 death on lagout in twdd and twjd however it wont happen without serious public support for it.
              I support it, so make it happen.
              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Being with Mellow, and Mellow mainly playing BDs, just some DD/JD every once in a while -and me personally not being a great fan of these- this isn't going to affect me much, but it's going to get me annoyed really soon.
                Your 12-8 MVP in DD says otherwise.
                "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                Dral>I can get implants

Comment

As good as it is to help protect from inducers, I must agree more with fiS about euros.
                  Former TW Staff

Comment

Ask around, ask the squads. From what I gathered, everyone is against it. Haven't heard a single voice saying "Yeah that's good".

And you would probably get more community feedback if the title of this topic was more directly issuing the change instead of making it sound like an "update", this is misleading. :P

Comment

Ask around, ask the squads. From what I gathered, everyone is against it. Haven't heard a single voice saying "Yeah that's good".

And you would probably get more community feedback if the title of this topic was more directly issuing the change instead of making it sound like an "update", this is misleading. :P
                      Ya everyone i talk to in game also against +1 for lag.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranje View Post
                        Ya everyone i talk to in game also against +1 for lag.
                        I have also had this conclusion when people ask me about it.
                        Former TW Staff

Comment

After playing a few games, i witnessed we euros got +5 extra deaths per game, not good "update"

Comment

this definitely needs to go back to how it was...no one likes this change; if it ain't broke don't fix it. The +1 rule is one of the least of our worries right now in TW, fed up of getting specced when I'm not even lagging badly.....some americans are suffering now too from this it isn't just us euros.
                            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                              this definitely needs to go back to how it was...no one likes this change; if it ain't broke don't fix it. The +1 rule is one of the least of our worries right now in TW, fed up of getting specced when I'm not even lagging badly.....some americans are suffering now too from this it isn't just us euros.
                              Ya thx to the change it has become a big worry tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X