No announcement yet.

--Add Hockey to TWD!-- ?Go Twhd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people are saying hockey doesn't belong in twd but if it stands for trench wars divisions- hockey would be a separate division. Think how different basing is compared to twjd/ twdd. Hockey would be equally different. If its squad focused it should be part of twd because if you have too many seperate leagues then its just confuses the crap out of people and lets face it what league is played the most often: twd. To be honest Twd/ twl is the main focus of this game and unfortunately adding other leagues outside of twd will make little difference with the current size of the population. Yes they added twsd and twfd but unfortunately its not appealing enough but adding hockey will be. I think what misleads some people to thinking hockey shouldn't belong to twd is the last abbreviated letter of the arena names: twjd/ twsd/ twdd/ twbd: 'duel' but actually stands for 'division' still where hockey also fits in.

Ideally these twhd games should run without staff intervention to increase the fun because for all hockey games that need refing- staff will eventually get bored/ won't come and players will get bored waiting for so long for a staff to ref this. A staffer tells me the bot is capable of detecting when a goal is scored inside the goalie area so the bot can disallow some goals that shouldn't be allowed but the only thing the bot can't stop is the lag goals- I think we should just live with this in twd as it will get ref'd in twl for sure but squads can simply ?help if a player is consistently scoring goals through lag. Like we don't need a staff ref to monitor a twjd game for players that shoot invisi bombs- we just do a help call in hope to ban the bastered ... Same can happen in twhd.
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

If something like this is going to happen, something needs to be done about the settings in the arena, as the terr has way too much acceleration and the Jav is slower then a herd of snails travelling through peanut butter.

I suggest if the owners of Hockey Zone allow it, is to use their updated settings and update the arena. Changes have been made there recently where every ship gets a slight speed boost to increase the pace of the game among other things.

FrozenSand> have you ever put a coke bottle in your butt?
      Mira.Girio> I don't think I've ever experimented with coke products. >.>
      FrozenSand> oh you're a pepsi guy?

captain Ky> will the guy with the AOL add banner please insert his head up hiw on ass till he dissapears from our universe entirely. Thank you.

RuBbEr BoMb> woot hellkite parked in fr like my wife
      Burzum> meaning what
      Burzum> took him 4 minutes to get in?
      RuBbEr BoMb> meaning he aimed for flag and ended up on roof

Comment

Originally posted by McVicar View Post
        If something like this is going to happen, something needs to be done about the settings in the arena, as the terr has way too much acceleration and the Jav is slower then a herd of snails travelling through peanut butter.

I suggest if the owners of Hockey Zone allow it, is to use their updated settings and update the arena. Changes have been made there recently where every ship gets a slight speed boost to increase the pace of the game among other things.

They won't. Move on to other ideas.
        eph

Comment

Well although hockey exists on trenchwars- it seems they don't wanna think about adding it to twd to respect hockey zone... i also asked if it could be changed to football instead but that also exists in hockey zone! Im confused because ?go hockey its hosted every day/ twd is not a league (twl is however) so i dont get it? If were up to me (and i could code) i would trial it out but only for twd to increase twd population and keep the league out of it- leave that for hockey zone if thats what staff wanna do :P -could even help hockey zone out by introducing hockey to new players through twd and could refer them to hockey zone for the actual league. See theres a solution every time.
          Last edited by Fork; 08-25-2013, 06:20 PM.
          1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

ppl dont wanna hockey with their squads - if u put it in twd it'll be tumbleweed kind of activity

Comment

I think variety is one thing that will help keep TW going so I would be in favour of seeing a TWHD, although I do agree that the 'ref' problem would need to be addressed first -if that can be done by the bot without problems then fair enough. This could be trialled in the ?go hockey arena. Also I notice ?go hockey does not seem to have the rules posted anywhere, which might be useful for new hockey players. As for the issue of lag, possibly lowering lag limits even more than the usual division limits may help this?
              killing newbs since 2002

Comment

Hockey zone used to have a basketball arena which was very addictive at one point. If hockey is added than I think the basketball one should be something to think about as well. Keep it like 3on3 or something and I think it could be fun again
                3x TWLD All-Star
                2x TWLD Finals MVP
                2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

Fully support this.

I would like to see a trial of this in an arena seperate from .?go hockey so that people can try playing hockey with squads while leaving normal hockey open for people that don't want to play in a squad.

Comment

Personally coming from what I know upperstaff wise I like the idea of doing this but there are a few things it requires to implement.

1. Dev resources to merge Hockeybot into matchbots
                    2. Hockeybot would need work to accurately judge goals, penaltys etc.. as from experience with the current bot it has alot of errors. The only short term solution would be have a staffer watch every game but its unrealistic at certain hours.
                    3. We need to add it to twd site for statistic recordings etc.
                    4. We have to avoid stepping on Hockey Zones toes as it could potentially steal their player base which is something I dont intend to allow if it happened. Which means if hockey was implemented into TWD it would never
                    be added to TWL.

Those are just what I see as things needed to make this happen. I like the idea and with enough public support Im willing to push to make it happen but if its just 2-3 people its not realistic to have a league dedicated to squad play for it.
                    5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
                    1:Cig <er>> ROFL
                    1:fiS> LOL
                    1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

There is good support for this idea. The prob is- people cant be bothered to log in and post- I won't mention any names... B.RABBIT ! grr :P (and stop owning me in duels ffs- let me win one :P). Forums isn't very active (prob atm about 10 posts a day if lucky)

Anyway: I've asked my squad and they love it. Some people say they will play the game more if such feature is added especially: frogsk:n. Those who were against the idea didnt give me any reason why or said nothing will ever change like normal- stop wasting your time and let the game die :O.

I suggest: Perhaps a poll could be added to PUB/ twd- it would be very useful to know the true opinions of this idea

or... you ask the public yourself hehe.

Comment

stop wasting your time and let the game die
                        "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

I don't play this personally, but if we could send an advertisement out to the various e-mails registered to Hockey Zone, a few of their players may be interested in coming back just to play this. Wishful thinking, of course, but just as Eph said: a merger between as many zones as possible will expose the numerous players from each zone to our zone's dynamics. This will undoubtedly increase the population, even if it's only by 10 players.

Comment

this thread fighting for the worst thread of the year prize with the "TW-General-Revisited".
                            8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                            8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                            8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                            8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                            8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                            8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Originally posted by Reckful View Post
                              Personally coming from what I know upperstaff wise I like the idea of doing this but there are a few things it requires to implement.

1. Dev resources to merge Hockeybot into matchbots
                              2. Hockeybot would need work to accurately judge goals, penaltys etc.. as from experience with the current bot it has alot of errors. The only short term solution would be have a staffer watch every game but its unrealistic at certain hours.
                              3. We need to add it to twd site for statistic recordings etc.
                              4. We have to avoid stepping on Hockey Zones toes as it could potentially steal their player base which is something I dont intend to allow if it happened. Which means if hockey was implemented into TWD it would never
                              be added to TWL.

Those are just what I see as things needed to make this happen. I like the idea and with enough public support Im willing to push to make it happen but if its just 2-3 people its not realistic to have a league dedicated to squad play for it.
                              Nah you don't make staff a requirement for it. Change goals to voting on goals, with a blacklist on vote for ppl who abuse votes to cheat a team (if hockey zone can manage to do it via vote with their population, I fail to see how TW who on the whole are better cant), which gives it full automation. Penalty's are also voted on in the same way, bot detects potential cr/bcr/dc/bdc etc and throws up the vote.
                              Stat recording is already fixed thanks to some hard work from pap, so that's simple enough.

I'll be honest, moving a hockey division is not difficult to do, but getting the support and sustainability is. That is a population requirement, so as they say, the puck is firmly in your court.

Comment

Originally posted by schope View Post
                                this thread fighting for the worst thread of the year prize with the "TW-General-Revisited".
                                Move this post to trash . We're fighting to improve the population and this idea could do that- there are already players that want this to happen and that's players who don't play twd anymore. It will add interest to twd= increases the pop for players that know about twd.
                                Last edited by Fork; 09-12-2013, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X