Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make Double Squadding Legal! Yes I actually am saying this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Godzero View Post
    So, I'm assuming since you said this after patronizingly shooting down both the "community squad/double squadding" ideas from the good people in this thread, that you are personally (as head Sysop) going to find out the answers to your own proposed questions (which you claim stop these ideas dead in their tracks) through staff meetings, public polls, forum threads, etc, instead of just arbitrarily suggesting that the problem is too complicated for a solution that staff might possibly be blamed for if it were implemented and was disliked by the general population.

Personally I don't think "running twd only at certain times" is even a viable enough option to suggest at this point, and while I understand the point you were making when you said it ... it is now obvious (among with possibly being too disconnected from the CURRENT game/population) you have no real solutions to offer after you so quickly shut down others, as your vague "more competitive play" system sounds more like an afterthought than a real suggestion.

If these solutions don't work, yet you admit there is a problem ... then don't just sweep it under the rug for another day. People are debating in this thread because people like you haven't ACTUALLY thought of a better idea yet.
    If I knew the answers I would have fixed it by now. I can tell you one thing though, a community squad will definitely never work and will harm TWD more then fix. When you have vets like cres, ricko and gripe saying it, you probably should pay attention.

Double squadding as I allured to, is a lesser evil so to speak. I personally don't think it would work, and as for restricting it to certain players, well that's just doomed from the get go. It would be staff picking, and that's a terrible thought for twd as a whole. By all means, speak to reckful if you want to try it, I wont stop it if reck feel's its the best way to go, but that doesn't mean I agree or give it much chance for success.

Giving players something to aim for would help, I suggested a couple of points but im sure the community knows best why they want to actually play twd, what drives them to do it. They need to provide the answer to that, not 1 sysop. That's where things have gone wrong in the past.

Comment

IMO you get leadership points for delegation (letting Reck have control) but lose leadership points for the ‘the community knows best’ and basically saying that you are waiting for the community to provide the answer(s).

The community probably would vote for you to show your tits but this is hardly the best thing to do for the zone. Leadership positions are supposed to have more vision, insight, knowledge, and experience than the community members, that’s why you are leaders. If leadership is simply counting majority votes than we can replace upper staff with Bots and call it a day.
      What is best for the zone is to follow its mission statement and objectives. And if the zone mission statement is wrong, then revisit it and change it. But people are looking to you to lead, not just be some vote counter.
      eph

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
        IMO you get leadership points for delegation (letting Reck have control) but lose leadership points for the ‘the community knows best’ and basically saying that you are waiting for the community to provide the answer(s).

The community probably would vote for you to show your tits but this is hardly the best thing to do for the zone. Leadership positions are supposed to have more vision, insight, knowledge, and experience than the community members, that’s why you are leaders. If leadership is simply counting majority votes than we can replace upper staff with Bots and call it a day.
        What is best for the zone is to follow its mission statement and objectives. And if the zone mission statement is wrong, then revisit it and change it. But people are looking to you to lead, not just be some vote counter.
        eph
        I am not saying eph that im ignoring the situation, but as I said, I have tried elements within twd already such as setting 3v3's up. Yes I probably have more exp then most (not many else started 1997 when this was basically a test zone from s_d), but that doesn't give you an automatic solution. We have how many players? there should be some good idea's out there, and nor am I saying I would necessarily have a voting poll on things. What I am looking for is a good idea, that covers all the elements or most of that I mentioned above. If it comes great, if it doesn't well we keep thinking.

A leader provides direction, it does not provide the answers. Anyone who has worked in a management environment can tell you that. But I don't want this thread to get derailed discussing votes etc.. that so far down the line right now its incredible.

Comment

I vote show tits.
          wicket666> frogs can mate withthem selves

wicket666> they are a sexual

Pepe the F> sounds like they turning Japanese

flojo> their ribbited for your pleasure

Comment

I didn't read this thread but..

Allow some active people to secretly doublesquad

I did this illegally in like 2008 with sibling list and was active as fuk with 2 squads

Probably single-handedly increased TWJD activity 400%
            1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
            Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
            1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
            1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
            beam> stfu tsunami
            Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
            beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
            Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

So... if Demonic was to show her tits, would it do the zone any harm? Is there any suggestion it could help the zone?

Comment

Originally posted by Demonic View Post
                When you have vets like cres, ricko and gripe saying it, you probably should pay attention.
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

tl;dr

but i agree with cres as well
                  GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

i agree with Ganon-Knight
                    1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                    Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                    1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                    1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                    beam> stfu tsunami
                    Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                    beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                    Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

I agree with IR. Also, UV. But mostly Cres.

Comment

Concerns about the current D/S policy , Is this still happening?

Ok so looks like a few different opinions and ideas over the double squadding idea. People saying anything from infinite squads should be allowed to people saying keep it one for the sake of integrity to the system. Then apparently there were/are people already double squadding and given the ok by staff to do this during twl season. STOP! wait what.. really?? Um wtf, Is that really fair? Sure it won't affect squads like fierce in any way to do this but what about lower tier squads like Paladen and Unsavory. Do we get a few vet leet d/sers that will be allowed to help us qualify for twl? Is there a public notice of who these "key players" are who allowed to double squad? Are these squads with them even eligible for twl? With time winding down for qualifications I just wanted to see what's up regarding this. This could cause an unbalance that could possible remove a few lower tier squads from getting into TWL if in fact this is still going on which I'm sort of in the dark over. So what is the truth and rules in place about what is already going on concerning this current allowed d/.s policy??

Oh for the record I'd still like some type d/s community squad to be allowed but it needs to be fair. If it is already happening, especially during twl season I have my concerns.
                        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                          Ok so looks like a few different opinions and ideas over the double squadding idea. People saying anything from infinite squads should be allowed to people saying keep it one for the sake of integrity to the system. Then apparently there were/are people already double squadding and given the ok by staff to do this during twl season. STOP! wait what.. really?? Um wtf, Is that really fair? Sure it won't affect squads like fierce in any way to do this but what about lower tier squads like Paladen and Unsavory. Do we get a few vet leet d/sers that will be allowed to help us qualify for twl? Is there a public notice of who these "key players" are who allowed to double squad? Are these squads with them even eligible for twl? With time winding down for qualifications I just wanted to see what's up regarding this. This could cause an unbalance that could possible remove a few lower tier squads from getting into TWL if in fact this is still going on which I'm sort of in the dark over. So what is the truth and rules in place about what is already going on concerning this current allowed d/.s policy??

Oh for the record I'd still like some type d/s community squad to be allowed but it needs to be fair. If it is already happening, especially during twl season I have my concerns.
                          The only double squadding allowed in this zone right now are involved in the New player squads that 24 is over seeing. Come TWL time those names will be reset if those players plan on playing twl.
                          5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
                          1:Cig <er>> ROFL
                          1:fiS> LOL
                          1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

I wouldn't care if this wasn't twl season, but I must say a few d/s vets helping "player squads" beat lower tier squads who aren't benefiting from this policy and are trying for TWL doesn't seem very fair at all. I'm not sure what you mean by name resets? I'm talking about the points on ladders we are all fighting for. Naturally lower squads usually battle each other for those final positions and the added help of D/S vets for a few select squads are tipping the balance of how a fair ladder would be playing out. I don't understand what you all were thinking when this decision was allowed during twl season. As I say, in the future if we level the playing field with Double Squadding for all I'm for it , but select D/Sing allowed during twl qualifications is totally unfair.
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                              I wouldn't care if this wasn't twl season, but I must say a few d/s vets helping "player squads" beat lower tier squads who aren't benefiting from this policy and are trying for TWL doesn't seem very fair at all. I'm not sure what you mean by name resets? I'm talking about the points on ladders we are all fighting for. Naturally lower squads usually battle each other for those final positions and the added help of D/S vets for a few select squads are tipping the balance of how a fair ladder would be playing out. I don't understand what you all were thinking when this decision was allowed during twl season. As I say, in the future if we level the playing field with Double Squadding for all I'm for it , but select D/Sing allowed during twl qualifications is totally unfair.

So basically the fix that you want is me to disband the 4 squads with dsing on it that are already disqualified from twl? If the vets on those squads abused it for points for their particular squad I wont let them into TWL. Im not stupid jessup i know how to moniter abuse for these cases the main "vets" in those squads are mostly staff anyways =p
                              5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
                              1:Cig <er>> ROFL
                              1:fiS> LOL
                              1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

Originally posted by Reckful View Post
                                So basically the fix that you want is me to disband the 4 squads with dsing on it that are already disqualified from twl? If the vets on those squads abused it for points for their particular squad I wont let them into TWL. Im not stupid jessup i know how to moniter abuse for these cases the main "vets" in those squads are mostly staff anyways =p
                                Oh the irony. I start a thread about the idea of double squadding and wind up going against its implementation. Only because it's twl. It is messing up the balance of the ladder for certain squads going for TWL. I didn't ask you to fix anything really. I just am saying its causing an imbalance.

God bless him but 24 went like 24-8 against us in a jd while the rest of play went 3-10 and we lose points. It is a lose lose for lower tier squads attempting to go for TWL. It's either lose to top 6 squads who own them or lose to bottom "player" squads being carried by a few vets. Losing points to squads who are not even in twl but on a twl ladder? The logic just isn't making sense to me. I don't know what to do but I feel for the lower tier squads this is effecting negatively.

How about remove them from the twl ladder completely or only allow positive points to be distributed to squads who beat them. Give the player squads a "virtual ladder" during twl so they can so how they would be doing if they were on a real twl squad. Anyways.. I'm done on this for now. ..
                                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X