Suggestions for making TWD alive again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
    If anything new players ought to be able to fly stronger ships and then the experienced players.
    Eph
    I notice those who support weakening vets and strengthening newbs in pub haven't applied the same logic to League. Why not make newbs stronger in league? Why not weaken vets in league? Maybe if newbs have an advantage in league they will 'stick around' or whatever.

But no, none of you want that for the same reason pubbers dont want that in pub.

Because its fucking stupid to penalize people for playing.

Comment

Pub very rarely has 0 players. This has become a hive-mind echo chamber talking point that has little basis in reality.

There is a very small window of time where this happens, and it doesn't happen in the morning, the afternoon, early evening or any time before 4 or 5 in the fucking morning.

The 33 people playing at this moment is a long way from 0, but then I guess y'all are working on rectifying that?

Comment

Is the 'nobody plays pub' argument so weak that it has really become necessary for the arguments proponents to wreck pub simply to make that argument hold water?

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Minotaur View Post
          Pub very rarely has 0 players. This has become a hive-mind echo chamber talking point that has little basis in reality.

There is a very small window of time where this happens, and it doesn't happen in the morning, the afternoon, early evening or any time before 4 or 5 in the fucking morning.

The 33 people playing at this moment is a long way from 0, but then I guess y'all are working on rectifying that?
          If you call hours a small window of time in 24 hours... sure- its a small window. Come on this game when its 10am-1pm (uk time)- you gladly meet 0 people playing in pub. Please stop making up stuff when i actually witness this happen alot... ive even attempted to try and play during these times with 0 on... well actually i increased the pop by 1 so i guess its a difference.
          1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

As far as upperstaff goes, I'm more than willing to be involved in Dev changes. I'm not very literate when it comes to that stuff, but I'm willing to learn to do these sorts of things to try and make the experience playing better for everyone.

Comment

Pub is only populated with vet players having fun playing, spending their bux and chatting for 21 hours a day, somebody hurry and blow it up!

Comment

This takes zero coding, 6 big squads, always would have enough online for TWD games.

Originally posted by olde View Post
                personally I think everything should be built around Twd too produce activity and getting more people hooked, or even just playing new ships like a dder playing bds or vice versa.

I mentioned one idea about a year ago, that alot of people didn't like, but with our dying/slow population since the ddos, it probably seems more reasonable now.

Now The Idea!!

Instead of having 10/12 small sqds during off season, WHERE MOST ARE ONE LEAGUE SQDS. Lets have 6 BIG sqds, that play ALL 3 leagues, built strictly for activity.

The #1 plus about this is you're gonna have players step up and play different ships, because you're not stuck on a 1 league sqd, that alone will boost activity. BAM, #2 it takes zero coding, since thats always the problem we run into no? WAMO #3 the getting HOOKED factor comes in too play, if I log on and sqds are active people are twding, I tend to stay for hours (if I have the free time =]) I'm sure a lot of players feel the same way ,and when I say players, I don't mean the thunder/Pandora nerds who will sit on here 24/7 Even when its dead, I mean REAL people who have lifes but still enjoy SS! A lot of the tw community thinks like "NoLifers" stop that! Instead be realistic, think like a normal busy person, I mean if nothing is going on you don't have time to waste sitting in spec waiting hours for a game. Right?

And the main objective 6 small SQDS all 3 league SQDS, active all day, getting people hooked again , people stepping up in new ships.

Please don't let anything I said offend you, it's all truth, think like a busy person, please be realistic. And remember it takes ZERO coding.

-Old Motha Fukn E
                ???? No opinions from anyone?

Comment

the pride of players and squads prevents that one from happening, olde.

Comment

Originally posted by olde View Post
                    personally I think everything should be built around Twd too produce activity and getting more people hooked, or even just playing new ships like a dder playing bds or vice versa.

I mentioned one idea about a year ago, that alot of people didn't like, but with our dying/slow population since the ddos, it probably seems more reasonable now.

Now The Idea!!

Instead of having 10/12 small sqds during off season, WHERE MOST ARE ONE LEAGUE SQDS. Lets have 6 BIG sqds, that play ALL 3 leagues, built strictly for activity.

The #1 plus about this is you're gonna have players step up and play different ships, because you're not stuck on a 1 league sqd, that alone will boost activity. BAM, #2 it takes zero coding, since thats always the problem we run into no? WAMO #3 the getting HOOKED factor comes in too play, if I log on and sqds are active people are twding, I tend to stay for hours (if I have the free time =]) I'm sure a lot of players feel the same way ,and when I say players, I don't mean the thunder/Pandora nerds who will sit on here 24/7 Even when its dead, I mean REAL people who have lifes but still enjoy SS! A lot of the tw community thinks like "NoLifers" stop that! Instead be realistic, think like a normal busy person, I mean if nothing is going on you don't have time to waste sitting in spec waiting hours for a game. Right?

And the main objective 6 small SQDS all 3 league SQDS, active all day, getting people hooked again , people stepping up in new ships.

Please don't let anything I said offend you, it's all truth, think like a busy person, please be realistic. And remember it takes ZERO coding.

-Old Motha Fukn E
                    How about we just have 4 / 6 giant sqds ran by active players? Or is this still a bad idea? I mean twd can't get any worse.

Comment

• In general i like the idea.
                      But its only good for the "older" players.
                      The new players wont get much chances to play and if they get chances to play in a squad that is there for newer players,
                      they will much likely lose a lot. Maybe get frustrated by the losing and dont want to play twd anymore.
                      Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
                      waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
                      Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
                      waxer> LOl,no
                      waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

• I didn't read anything in this thread except the title. Then I skimmed over the first post.

How is this thread different from the hundreds of identical threads we've had over the years? The same shit gets rehashed every time and nothing ever happens. The same fucking idiots prattling on about their fucking TWD and LL or whatever the fuck. Most people don't play that garbage. Do you not fucking understand that? You're not going to retain noobs with your stupid gimmicks. You need to present relevant information to noobs in a clear way and start being nice to people who ask noobish questions instead of telling them to press Esc Q. Find a way to make sure their pathetic asses don't get evaporated 30 times in a row by superior players, because today's generation is a bunch of fucking useless pansies who start crying and calling their moms cause they suck at a computer game the first time they try it. And above all, you have to get rid of the imbeciles who occupy the moderator positions. Is that going to happen? No. This thread is pointless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bukkake Surprise View Post
                          I didn't read anything in this thread except the title. Then I skimmed over the first post.

How is this thread different from the hundreds of identical threads we've had over the years? The same shit gets rehashed every time and nothing ever happens. The same fucking idiots prattling on about their fucking TWD and LL or whatever the fuck. Most people don't play that garbage. Do you not fucking understand that? You're not going to retain noobs with your stupid gimmicks. You need to present relevant information to noobs in a clear way and start being nice to people who ask noobish questions instead of telling them to press Esc Q. Find a way to make sure their pathetic asses don't get evaporated 30 times in a row by superior players, because today's generation is a bunch of fucking useless pansies who start crying and calling their moms cause they suck at a computer game the first time they try it. And above all, you have to get rid of the imbeciles who occupy the moderator positions. Is that going to happen? No. This thread is pointless.
                          ?go 0, buttcake surmise or w/e your name is

No one cares about your opinion lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Morgane View Post
                            In general i like the idea.
                            But its only good for the "older" players.
                            The new players wont get much chances to play and if they get chances to play in a squad that is there for newer players,
                            they will much likely lose a lot. Maybe get frustrated by the losing and dont want to play twd anymore.
                            yeah this is pretty much it

a decade ago when people lost over and over it wasn't as bad because TW had a very large community, you could game all day and chat with people and it was easier to not really take winning/losing seriously cuz you could do it while having alot of fun. now that the population is smaller i think competition is the only thing keeping most of us around. So if you lose over and over it's not a very positive reinforcement.

It seems some TWD squads are doing the right thing, though, and recruiting newbies who show even a hint of talent, and putting them in the lines with more veteran players.
                            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

• ?go hell, assure, or w/e your name is cause I'm too blind to read

Everyone cares about your opinion, though, that's why all of your suggestions have been dutifully implemented since 2005. Retard lol

Comment

• the problem with TWD is that most of so-called problems could be solved by having more people willing to start squads and recruit new prospects to the team. that is easier said than done as captaining a squad requires certain qualities (leadership to name one), and most importantly activity if you want your team to keep going for a longer period of time.

then there are quality suggestions to improve the league structure, bots et cetera, some of which we would all love to have, but can't have for a simple reason: lack of manpower in the development department. we roll out changes every now and then, but it's a long progress and it honestly requires a lot of work (and love for the game) to start a big project.

a new head of TWD is going to be appointed soon, and i'll try to make sure that he is involved with the players rather than doing stuff behind closed doors.

Comment

Working...
                                X