Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With all the talk of double squading for activity. WELL IDEA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all the talk of double squading for activity. WELL IDEA!

How about we have "Zone Squads" strictly for fun and activities. Well you may ask your self wtf is a zone squad? Answer! We have 3 BIG squads, example: BasingBros/PoundTown/PubPushers... Ok heres our 3 squads now have 3 captains Baser, Wb, Jav. For each squad. Now have the whole zone split up evenly into to 3 squads. These squads can ONLY PLAY EACH OTHER "the zone squads" we completely ignore there rating on twd. You just skip over them when ranking for twl seeding.

Note: You still stay on your competitive twd/twl squad..!

And use the same name for both your "TWD" and "ZONESQUAD". That way there is no alias confusion.

Just split the whole zone into 3 even teams.

Now the benefit
    1. So you log on and dont have enuff for a game, but you really feel like playing a match or your line isnt solid enough to play a "fun" match. " so boom you just go on your "zone sqd" chat and there 10 others guys that wanna play a match also, but in the same boat as you, dont have enough on their twd/twl sqd. Now you can play with your "zone squad" bam your bding / 5v5 dueling!!

2. It allows different players and less skilled players a chance to squad with legends they normally would never play with and you can vs your freinds who u noramly always sqd with. This makes for good trash talk!

3. It allows players to practice new ships that they noramly wouldnt play. With out someone raging on them because they lose 40 points..

4.Or lets say your squad primarily only dds/jds and you wanna bd also with out leaving you squad, now you can bd with your "zone squad"

5.And most important it will keep people online playing and create more zone activity, instead of logging on seeing their squad is offline, beeping for a game and no1 beeps back. So they just log off or go afk, you just lost a player. Well with a "zone squad" they will have somewhere to play and stay online, til their squadmates log on.

Now remember these "ZONE SQUADS" can only vs other "ZONESQUADS". And will not effect twd/twl ranking/seeding. Just some thing to play when squads arent online..
    Could mybe even hold some kinda tourny for these 3 squads at the last weekend of each month. Battle of the "ZONE SQUADS!"

I dont know mybe you could even have a bot and its own ladder, replace twsd or somthing. Could be TWZSD. Trench wars zone squad dueling

I think this could be fun! And sovle some inactively issues. Thoughts??

Please ignore all my typos and bad gammer, as i am typing this on my cellphone while taking a dump at work, trying to be somewhat fast #NoShame
    Last edited by olde; 05-03-2016, 09:51 AM.

Originally posted by olde View Post
    How about we have "Zone Squads" strictly for fun and activities. Well you may ask your self wtf is a zone squad? Answer! We have 3 BIG squads, example: BasingBros/PoundTown/PubPushers... Ok heres our 3 squads now have 3 captains Baser, Wb, Jav. For each squad. Now have the whole zone split up evenly into to 3 squads. These squads can ONLY PLAY EACH OTHER "the zone squads" we completely ignore there rating on twd. You just skip over them when ranking for twl seeding.

Note: You still stay on your competitive twd/twl squad..!

And use the same name for both your "TWD" and "ZONESQUAD". That way there is no alias confusion.

Just split the whole zone into 3 even teams.

Now the benefit
    1. So you log on and dont have enuff for a game, but you really feel like playing a match or your line isnt solid enough to play a "fun" match. " so boom you just go on your "zone sqd" chat and there 10 others guys that wanna play a match also, but in the same boat as you, dont have enough on their twd/twl sqd. Now you can play with your "zone squad" bam your bding / 5v5 dueling!!

2. It allows different players and less skilled players a chance to squad with legends they normally would never play with..

3. It allows players to practice new ships that they noramly wouldnt play. With out someone raging on them because they lose 40 points..

4.Or lets say your squad primarily only dds/jds and you wanna bd also with out leaving you squad, now you can bd with your "zone squad"

5.And most important it will keep people online playing and create more zone activity, instead of logging on seeing their squad is offline, beeping for a game and no1 beeps back. So they just log off or go afk, youjust lost a player. Well with a "zone squad" they will have somewhere to play and stayonline, til their squadmates log on.

Now remember these "ZONE SQUADS" can only vs other "ZONESQUADS". And will not effect twd/twl ranking/seeding. Just some thing to play when squads arent online..
    Could mybe even hold some kinda tourny for these 3 squads at last weekend of each month. Battle of the "ZONE SQUADS!"

I dont know mybe you could even have a bot and its own ladder, replace twsd or somthing. Could be TWZSD.

I think this could be fun! And some sovle some inactively issues. Thoughts??

Please ignore all my typos and bad gammer, as i am typing this on my cellphone while taking a dump at work, trying to be somewhat fast #NoShame
    +1 Make it happen!
    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

Comment

I've already explored the option of having 1 registered TWD name allowed on 2 separate rosters. It was next to impossible to make happen.

At the end of the day this is very much doable just from the players' side alone, using the BWJS (Base, WBDuel, JavDuel, SpidDuel) arenas. Not sure if naming your team is still possible in those arenas, but could be made possible if not.
      Sure automation from TWD's side would make things that much more easier for everyone, but it would be a mix of unnecessary and difficult coding (in the long run) and a whole big mess in our hands on the site.
      3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
      3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
      3:i.d.> da fk is that?
      3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
      3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
      3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
      3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
      3:Shadowmere> LOL
      3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
      Shadowmere> Rofl
      Up in ya !> With his feet
      Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
      Up in ya !> l44t feet
      Deft> l44t f44t*
      Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
      Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowmere View Post
        I've already explored the option of having 1 registered TWD name allowed on 2 separate rosters. It was next to impossible to make happen.

At the end of the day this is very much doable just from the players' side alone, using the BWJS (Base, WBDuel, JavDuel, SpidDuel) arenas. Not sure if naming your team is still possible in those arenas, but could be made possible if not.
        Sure automation from TWD's side would make things that much more easier for everyone, but it would be a mix of unnecessary and difficult coding (in the long run) and a whole big mess in our hands on the site.
        Ok well understandable. How about you register a second name. But enforce a rule you must use the same name but just add "ZS" TO the end of it. Example" OldeZS" "ShadowmereZS". Which you can only join a zone squad on these "ZS" Names. And anyone caught abusing this will simply be banned from all ZONE SQUAD Activities. We can make this work :P

Comment

Each of these names are available for anyone to create - which leads inevitably to abuse by trolls and other geniuses. All of them would also be required to be registered by a TWD Op because of our restrictions in TWDBot. This came up when Tiny(?) suggested big squads last time.

I wouldn't pass creating a whole new registration system for this idea, but it would not link to TWD in anyway, but be a what you'd call "casual division" separate from anything we currently have. Still requires some dev resources to create these 3 teams and perhaps auto-add everyone who !registers to it to one of the teams.
          Would most likely be quite destructive to the TWD system and what remains of its activity though...
          3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
          3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.

Shadowmere> Rofl
          Up in ya !> l44t feet
          Deft> l44t f44t*
          Up in ya !> Twinkle toes

Comment

Use of the sibling list to have a second registered account would work. It would only create an additional moment for twd-ops to check on. They are supposed to check that when looking for doublesquadders anyhow.
            Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
              Use of the sibling list to have a second registered account would work. It would only create an additional moment for twd-ops to check on. They are supposed to check that when looking for doublesquadders anyhow.
              Destroys any validity there is to the list as well as causes immense difficulties to actually checking for double squadders (not that this is a primary resource for that procedure) with everyone having 2 or more names registered.
              Siblings list is also unreliable as all of it needs to be manually updated every time, so a huge load of work on TWD staff for the hundreds of TWD players that would end up in there. If you're willing to do that, sure. But currently we're already understaffed.

Shadowmere> Rofl
              Up in ya !> l44t feet
              Deft> l44t f44t*
              Up in ya !> Twinkle toes

Comment

Immense difficulties? Doesn't !listnotes draw from the sibling list? It should be possible to still check from in-game all with bot commands.

There is no perfect solution without a significant amojnt of dev work, so if it can be done with existing systems, that is obviously preferable in the short-term.
                Or just completely remove multisquad restriction and let that only be an issue for TWL/TWDT. It would greatly free up twdop time much of the year. Has it been discussed amongst EL recently of any issues this may cause for other leagues (other than "we don't have enough people to do X")?
                Just putting toiughts and ideas out there.
                Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowmere View Post
                  Destroys any validity there is to the list as well ZONEauses immense difficulties to actually checking for double squadders (not that this is a primary resource for that procedure) with everyone having 2 or more names registered.
                  Siblings list is also unreliable as all of it needs to be manually updated every time, so a huge load of work on TWD staff for the hundreds of TWD players that would end up in there. If you're willing to do that, sure. But currently we're already understaffed.
                  Well starting off anything is always the hardest part. I mean mybe make this idea or somthing similar a BIG deal. Like zone it for a week put it on fourms, tell ppl in game. Set a date and time up. For a twd op to hang out in ?go twd and have a signup party! Sorta how we do every year for twdt. Have players come in sign them up and put them on a roster! Then host it again when we have a twd op with some free time!

I think using the twd system would be the best option.

Just set rules in place.

1. You come in on your normal twd name to prove its u, then log on to your "ZONE SQUAD" name and it must be similar to your twd name exp: oldeZS. And lets say some jackass trolls u and makes the name first so you cant use it, you just simply make it something similar olde40ZS just make sure it has your FULL real twd name in in somehow.
                  2. Even out the players on the three rosters give then players from all 3 leagues.

3. No squad hopping. Mybe caps of these squads could trade accordingly?

4. Lets the players know, if they abuse they will be banned from all "zone squad activities" no exceptions.

Put your footdown, dont let the few trolls ruin it fir everyone.

Once you get the ball rolling it becomes easy, and if it was to fail atleast we tried somthing

We can make this work and im sure it would be tons of fun :P just an idea.
                  Last edited by olde; 05-03-2016, 12:46 PM.

Comment

allow dsing already. stop being lazy and just get on it. we have like 50 players left so the 1 guy "trolling/abusing" would be insignificant. it would greatly improve twd activity. the pros out weigh the cons.
                    Last edited by Crescent Seal; 05-03-2016, 03:31 PM.
                    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

why not simply create a public thread and/or list of players to keep track of their usernames and current aliases? i feel there should be some form of transparency involved should the players be allowed to be on two different teams.

Comment

Posting to support this.
                        JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
                        JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
                        mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
                        mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

Indeed, there are multiple solutions which would require nearly 0 dev work. Having the list with the single alias being public is actually a great idea as well.
                          Former TW Staff

Comment

A list would be simple to check. Make it happen.
                            Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                            Your friend,
                            ​​Papi
                            ​​​​​

Comment

With the few players you have left.. why not just remove the double squadding shit all together except for TWL
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                              X