No announcement yet.

Alternative dueling idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how about just having an all lanc or all spider dueling division? that way theres no unfair ship team setup type
    Fuck,Fuck,Fuck - Jay and Silent Bob

Remove>Smoke have you seen Uranus?
    Remove>Probaly not its pretty small i hear..
    Smokebudz420>Your a moron

Comment

Yep anything is possible, there is whole bunch of things that could be done to add variety to twdd.

Unfortunately, is there enough players/squads to use all these variations to its fullest?

I think the problem with spider only squad dueling, it could take considerable amount of time to duel. It all stems from the fact the spider has L1 bullets.

Lancaster only dueling is possible, since their bullets would kill; in this case it might be too quick..heh..

I still think multi-fighter type dueling would be very interesting to experiment with... would create different tactics...

Well I'm glad others feel the same way I do, just hope the twdd staffers do, since they make the ultimate decision.

Who knows maybe in the FALL, they might do this? Cause everyone is pre-occupied in the Summer... wana enjoy the sun..etc..

later all..

Comment

Actually

Spider duels can go fast :\

I think Lancaster would be slower with slow recharge rates :\
        dong burger

Comment

I guess it all depends who is playing. I watched a Spider ELIM once and it took a while at the end, with good spider pilots.

The main problem is their bullets (L1)....

Just imagine a terrier dueling league..heh... that would take hours..heh..

Comment

don't implement anything like this to TWL anymore. TWL allowed any ship for a long time but everyone just played wbs. This is an idea worth testing though, for sure. should be fun
            jee

Comment

Re: Alternative dueling idea?

Originally posted by WiseCherub
              Recently, I was experimenting in pubs with the lancaster, I usually always play Warbird, but wanted a change. I now like the lancaster more than spider or jav. If you use some of the same warbird skills with lancaster, you can actually take on WBs in openspace... I was amazed, I thought it didn't have a chance.
              The thing is, you tried this in pub. Perhaps as a real test, try it in fighter elim. lanc's never win those... for a reason

Comment

Well I played afew lancaster elims and there is some real good lancasters out there.

I don't think there is warbird vs lancaster ELIMs? is there...never seen that...

What is the reason that they never win Awesome?

Oh well, I find spider, lancaster, and warbird pretty simplistic ships to figure out.

I think I should try to learn more about Javs, they are what I call real skillful bombers...unlike the levy..heh..

Comment

A good jav can beat a good lanc 1v1.

Comment

Originally posted by TopGod
                    A good jav can beat a good lanc 1v1.
                    no, i'll play you.
                    There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Seem like a good idea.. lances and spiders can be compared to wbs if they are handled properly.. it depend on who you are and what your preferences are. Thats all

Comment

Too bad this will probably never get put in.

Lancasters can hold there own in any ship elims, I've gone lancaster maybe 4 times in any ship and I have gotten recs like 15-5 and made it to final two. If someone played a lance as much as they played a warbird they would do way better. We just don't use them nearly enough to really master the lance skills.

Comment

Well its been like a month since I posted this and there is interest in it? Most people that have replied seem to like it....

Why can't it be implemented in twd? Or atleast experiment with it?

lancasters suck...heh. try to fight asdfasdfasdf player as lancaster... he beat me in open space.. in pub arena.. very hard lancaster. Also I recall Copy of a Warrior in a lancaster elim.... also ICER.. all very good lancasters...

As for jav, when I play it... I play it like I was a warbird... too much warbird in me... only way I can improve with jav is to practice more bank shots, and improve my dodging with it.

I was jav practicing dueling with some of my squaddies, and it is fun. I bet jav dueling is fun too..hopefully I can get my squad to do some jav dueling too....

Just out of curiousity.. what would happen in this situation....
                          say I had 8 guys on my squad online at the same time....

4 of them are warbird twdd dueling in a match
                          4 of them are jav twjd dueling in a match

in unison..all at the same time....

Would it work fine? Or twd would crap out? Just wondered, doubtful this would occur, but just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Mythrandir
                            warbirds are far superiour over Spiders and Lancasters in an open arena.
                            you mean you can hit everytime you shot with wb? wb vs spider... if both have the same skill level when they play wbs .. then spider should easily beat the wb..

lanc doesnt have that good possibility but you dont need to have that good aim with it

(yay for old posts)
                            Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                            Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                            Server> dont worry mirror
                            Server> shark fits your tits
                            Peace <ZH>> shut up
                            Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                            Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                            1:Hercules> im level 90
                            1:Hercules> in 9d
                            1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                            1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

It is a good idea, but I dont think it will work too well.
                              I think too much running will be involved. I think the warbirds will end up running the whole game, this is very effective if they are against spiders or even lancaster.
                              You could modify this and require that you use only 1 of each ship. Of course like someone said, the wb will pretty much decide if you win or not. Maybe you could only give the wb 5 deaths or something.

Wise said alot of stuff, I really didn't feel like reading all of it. If you guys already covered what I said, Im sorry for wasting this forum space and your time.

Legionair
                              4:Mootland <ER>> <- Mom of the year
                              4:Mootland <ER>> Hear ma baby
                              4:Mootland <ER>> Breast feeding time?
                              4:dll> YES
                              4:Mootland <ER>> Ok, take a suck
                              4:dll> u produce the best milk ^_^
                              4:Mootland <ER>> Hey, no teeth!
                              4:Mootland <ER>> ffs
                              4:dll> your nippies are red :P
                              4:Mootland <ER>> yes :\

Comment

All these ideas are great but simply would take up to much time (unless you want to play 4 twl games a weekend, which could be 4 hours in a row, i know I don't)

I like the idea but not for TWL, more of a perma TWD idea where you can do it whenever you want.
                                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                                X