No announcement yet.

weasel vs cram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cripples used a weasel vs us in twlb altough the teams were uneven the weasel still was a bit tricky even with the big size. Since no one can check it constantly but the terrier.
    It could be something like this:
    - You have a terrier pointing out there is a weasel
    - The spiders start shooting in that direction but can't really see thus hit it. So in other words weakening the spiders attack.
    - When the spiders fail to kill it the terrier has to back up or hunt it. (In a tight basefight the terrier doesnt have time for this crap)
    - Either the terrier can get a rocketshot from the weasel or it has to keep X-radar checked (turn in on/off once in a while or keep it on all the time) wich drains recharge or keeps terrier distracted.

With the new weasel it could be something like this. It has a low killrate so it wont make much points, but it might help dominate base.
    Lately people only seem to wanna pick spiders and so it's not likely to be used in leagues, but I would wanna fly it in base.
    It could use some adjustments like:
    - more repels (1 or 2)
    - lower attachenergy cost or bit faster recharge.
    - bit higher speed or bulletspeed
    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

well they only let me play weasel in that game because we didn't have 8 people =(

but yea, even the big weasel does put a strain on the enemy team by sheer prescence alone. i could've been afk the whole match and you guys still would've been running around paranoid.

it's fun for psychological strategy
      plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

The mere threat of a 1 tile weasel will bother the other freq. I think if your spiders were strong then you could afford the loss of a spider to be used as a weasel. The Fr battle disadvantage might be overcome by the rocket weasel attack.

anyway,whats the harm in allowing all ships for twd in the pub settigns form?
        To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
        brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Why not levis?

Give the LTers something else to do
          Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
            no levis
            Why?

All ships, including levis, should be allowed in basing. If a squad can use a levi to good effect (defending the base or breaking a cram for example) then it would prove to be a very useful ship.

Basically I think that if you can base with it in pub you should be able to in matches. Its not like a squad would be stupid enough to LT through a match now is it? Where would that get them?
            Warpath

Comment

The levi is locked so stupid people can't use it.
              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera
                The levi is locked so stupid people can't use it.
                i just want to tk in ?go base... is that too much to ask?
                plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Make all ships available and see what strategies people come up with.
                  http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Turretwarz4All

Comment

Why levi isn't lame in leagues.

To be of use, a levi has to:
                      1. Walk to base/mid/roof
                      2. Green 20

Once that happens, a levi is now useful. But how likely is that going to happen? That is, if the opposing team has a spider that will destroy that levi every say, 30 seconds? Spider's team will be a man down every 30 seconds but the levi's team would then be a man down all game.

It will take some good team-work and skill to let the levi achieve (1) or (2) versus a good squad. If they achieve that, I say let them reap the rewards, as the anti-levi team must have been half-asleep.

Well that's my theory. In reality, a levi might have multiple opportunities to destroy base but ?go base doesn't seem to allow that kind of experiment. If possible, how about some ER+ just *setship someone into lev and screw what Matchbot says. I can hear the whines already.

Comment

It would be cool if the levi and cloaker were able to be played.

I always thought it would be fun to have an 8v8 with every ship involved for each team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch
                          It would be cool if the levi and cloaker were able to be played.

I always thought it would be fun to have an 8v8 with every ship involved for each team.
                          I agree, that would be really fun. I'd like to try that sometime.
                          sdg

Comment

Working...
                          X