No announcement yet.

spawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

be quick or suck it up you whiny bitches.

Comment

How about increasing the spawn area so you can spawn anywhere inside the playing area?
      Warpath

Comment

3 secs invulnerability will create is own problems. ppl will spawn into combat zones with temporary invulnerability and even tho they cant shoot yet they are free to charge right at, or up behind, ppl fearlessly. then it will be up to the person being charged to try to guess at what point its been 3 seconds where its safe to take a shot, the person charging just has to hold down control, no guess work involved.

a better solution to the problem would be to change the bot coding to ignore kills on or by ppl that have spawned in the last 3 seconds. everyone is still able to shoot/kill at all times and people still blow up normally if you shoot them after they spawn, it just doesnt count as one of their 10 deaths.
        There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

It is not valid to argue that the current existance of something makes it right or justifies its continued existance. I accept spawning as a part of this game only because I realize the higher up staff will never get rid of it, regardless of the possible alternatives. And no you cant argue against theoretical solutions because they are just that, theories. Institute them one by one and then decide if its viable to reduce spawning.

When did good sportsmanship and "fair play" start being a bad thing for a competitive game? The only times I have ever spawned is in warbird leagues where its out of necessity. I hate to do it there, but sometimes I have to if I want to survive or help my squad win. Becuase I dont practice it in elim like others, I am at a disadvantage in leagues where I admit that I usually get spawned roughly twice per round in one of three ways:

1. Random stray hits me as I appear
          2. Someone else spawns within about 3 inches of me and shoots, making dodging virtually impossible
          3. I spawn within 3 inches of someone and they react faster or aim better than me

The first rarely happens and its probably the most annoying way to die. The second is usually how I get spawned, especially if I have just fired and Im out of energy to run. The third doesnt happen much because my first instinct is to run, but yes I will sometimes stay and try to kill them if I think I have the advantage.

The question isnt whether or not people should spawn each other; if someone wants to get the best record they will always chose to spawn (assuming they are good at it). The question is whether or not spawning helps or hinders the competitiveness, fairness and yes the fun of Trenchwars.

Comment

Working...
          X