Why is TWD so reliant on Mythrandir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mythrandir
    I'm sorry about the sloppy opping. I'm totally burnt out, in this game, but also IRL. Can't think, or concentrate without freaking out.

Why is TWD so reliant on me? Because I haven't found anyone yet who is willing and capable to take over TWD and continue the development on it.

Cpt Guano is working on a new version of Matchbot, but he is a TWL op and there's no way he can run 2 leagues.

I'll promise to reset TWD by this friday afternoon.

If you're crazy enough to want to become a TWD op, here is what is required of you:
    - some knowledge about PHP and webbased programming in general
    - some knowledge about java
    - knowledge about relational databases
    - ambition, motivation, whatever.

Contact me (either ingame or in this topic) if you think you've got what we need.
    '

I'm volunteer and interested but i still need to learn some more about those things tho.. hmm .. because all i have is time.. i dont have to work or study.. and i'm active.. online for over 8 hours everyday.. motivation isnt problem.. databases i can prolly handle .. php and java needs working

edit: i know basic php ... java is pretty same?
    Last edited by Server; 11-26-2003, 07:23 AM.
    Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
    Mirror <ZH> this sucks
    Server> dont worry mirror
    Server> shark fits your tits
    Peace <ZH>> shut up
    Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
    Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
    1:Hercules> im level 90
    1:Hercules> in 9d
    1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
    1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

Myth you aint a good ******.. Not worthy of my tribe!
      $$$

Comment

Originally posted by Server
        I think you need a LOT of work on that

I could do the java department $$
        6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
        3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Server
          I'm volunteer and interested but i still need to learn some more about those things tho.. hmm .. because all i have is time.. i dont have to work or study.. and i'm active.. online for over 8 hours everyday.. motivation isnt problem.. databases i can prolly handle .. php and java needs working

Make me those TWLM-B formulas first, you can do that damn TWD Opping later :]

Comment

lol
            Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
            Mirror <ZH> this sucks
            Server> dont worry mirror
            Server> shark fits your tits
            Peace <ZH>> shut up
            Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
            Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
            1:Hercules> im level 90
            1:Hercules> in 9d
            1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
            1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

Give me a email to contact Myth and I might be able to help out with the workload. I do have experience in web engineering since I'm a software engineer. I just don't know the PHP syntax but I do know its a scripting language. I'm more used to J2EE platform and java programming (ie. JSPs, servlets etc). So, I'm used to database programming/design and probably can adapt to PHP quite easily. I wouldn't mind learning PHP since a lot of people require that as a requirement since it goes very well with mysql. So, give me a yell and I'll see what I can do to help eliviate the burden .
              Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

Originally posted by Force of Nature
                I'm more used to J2EE platform and java programming (ie. JSPs, servlets etc). So, I'm used to database programming/design
                you are used to java programming so you're used to database programming. HAH!

Dude, do your collegue's a favour and quit your job now.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and fuck right off, quickly now!
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

jason,

(_!_) kiss it

Comment

hi I'm god how are you folks today yes even god types run-on sentences thx here's your ketchup
                      'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                      sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

open the TWL-Bot source code in notepad and replace "TWL" with "TWD" and there you go, bug-free bot for twd

edit: oh and the TWD !challenge code of course
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by SEAL
                          you are used to java programming so you're used to database programming. HAH!

Dude, do your collegue's a favour and quit your job now.
                          If you don't know what you are talking about, please quit while you are ahead. I also mentioned I'm used to the J2EE platform. For morons like you, who don't realise. The J2EE platform is java team ie sun's team version of .net stratergy from microsoft. Ie database driven web sites etc. Now from this information even a moron like you should be able to understand that people used to the J2EE platform will have knowledge of database driven website and obviously SQL and the sorts. So, next time know what you are talking about or shut it.

Secondly, I'm offering some of my free time to help trenchwars. I realise I'm not going to get paid and the motiviation of this offer solely relies on the fact that I want to see my work being appreciated by other people. And also to the fact that I want to return to trenchwars something for it has given me a lot or enjoyment. Whether or not to accept it, is the concern of Mythrandir. Obviously, he is under a lot of stress from the whatever responsibilities he has whether it be from ss or real life. Therefore, I'm trying to lend a hand. You on the other hand aren't even helping. All you are doing is enjoying the fruits of other people's labor and wanting more. Well if you aren't going to make yourself useful then don't mock/comment falsely on things you dont know. No one needs discouragement when they are trying to lend a hand to benifit trenchwars.
                          Last edited by Force of Nature; 12-01-2003, 12:46 AM.
                          Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

Working...
                          X