No announcement yet.

TWDT Format Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing Claushouse, this is pretty interesting. It's wild to think that this game was more active in 2020 than it was in 2003 (before I even graduated high school.) Do you know when borrows were introduced? I wonder how much that increased total game count. The chart demonstrates that TWD is Trench Wars now since back in 2003 there would have been 40-player-cap pubs and events with +30 people as the norm.

Your point about veteran participation is well-taken. My mind-set has recently shifted and I think the zone leadership should shift their focus away from new players and increasing the playerbase to retention. The fact of the matter is that no one is going to download this game in 2021 sight-unseen and invest the kind of time it takes to become even marginally good. In other words, there are no new players.

Retention should be the main buzzword and should permeate decision-making. So, for example, pub should be changed to get closer to a competitive space, which would mean things like further incentivizing basing and team play and moving TWEL matches to pub rather then ?go duel. We should also put thought into adding LFG functionality in Discord, or some other way to try to reach TW's tendrils out of the Continuum client.

I dunno, I'm mostly writing this to avoid doing my job this morning but it is interesting to think about.
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

need it by month to see how much of the current deadness is due to summer or ppl legit done with the game

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
        Thanks for sharing Claushouse, this is pretty interesting. It's wild to think that this game was more active in 2020 than it was in 2003 (before I even graduated high school.) Do you know when borrows were introduced? I wonder how much that increased total game count. The chart demonstrates that TWD is Trench Wars now since back in 2003 there would have been 40-player-cap pubs and events with +30 people as the norm.
        The stat quoted by Ogron, while probably accurate, is misleading: In 2003, TWD was not the casual affair it is now; most squads took it as seriously as they would TWL and were careful about picking and choosing the games most beneficial to an advance in the rankings.

The Mind of the Father
        Riding on the subtle guiders
        Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
        Of relentless Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon View Post

The stat quoted by Ogron, while probably accurate, is misleading: In 2003, TWD was not the casual affair it is now; most squads took it as seriously as they would TWL and were careful about picking and choosing the games most beneficial to an advance in the rankings.
          Were you dog shit in 2003 too or did you have a brain injury like Riverside? Just curious....

Comment

Originally posted by saiyan View Post

Were you dog shit in 2003 too or did you have a brain injury like Riverside? Just curious....

No I was not. Some considered me the best in the zone at the time, since you are curious. This was when 20,000 people played, not 500.

You cowered from the response I made to you a few months ago, so allow me to quote:

hey saiyan

im cooler than you in probably every way irl.

everytime you speak, i understand in a fun new way why Rage told me you were a "psycho"

let me know if you'd like to duel i think id prob totally embarrass you bruh! in fact... im willing to bet if you had the "testicles" to face me in the hard duel, id totally shove my cock up your ass. i dont think you'll even dare though, mr alpha.

....make that an official challenge, FR duel in spider to 10. ban for a year.. or forever.. or name duel, any of them im up for.
            And this post of mine seemed to mark your exit from that particular conversation, unfortunately. I was hoping for a challenge! May I take your flirtation as a sign that you would indeed like to name duel?

I'd like to add, however: its good to see you coming after me. All of the singular obsession with Creature has seemingly been elevating your psychosis into absolute slime.

Your personality is disgusting. You are as witless as you are dense. My recommendation it to forget all about Creature, all about TW, and try HZ - it would probably do you a lot of good to make an attempt at mediocrity in the hard zone.

The Mind of the Father
            Of relentless Fire

Comment

So I take it you got brain damage then? How do you explain your degeneration? Did you have a car accident, or was it drug abuse? Just curious again, asking for research purposes.

A few months ago I made fun of a man for having extremely effeminate traits and you felt super offended even though nothing was aimed at you... I wonder why..... 1 glance at your twd pics shows one of the most effeminate "men" I've ever seen, if you can still call yourself that. :/

You started trash talking someone who was banned and couldn't respond. But I'm the coward... Ask pressure about that, I was talking to him on disc. I was a muzzled pitbull and would have ethered you out of existence in that moment looooooooooool.

On to other topics, hz, the "hard" zone? From the looks of it, every zone is hard for you. The way I see it, you come across as a perpetual newbie who knows nothing about subspace. Just my opinion. There are many like you though, you're common.

About the duel, since when do the elite duel bums? I flush things like you, I don't duel them. We both know when you lose its actually an improvement to your situation.. Keep being a general dumbass though, I might give you what you want.

Lastly, if you knew the first thing about Rage and Sterling you would know he's a psycho himself lol. But like I said previously you are clueless about subspace and have probably fallen for the nice guy act he's putting up in his later years .

I actually wanted to drill you tonight, hence my bait, but after seeing your weak ass response I actually feel sorry for you as I type this. Truly. Guess its normal for psychopaths to feel sorry for people.

Comment

Oh btw... You are very ungrateful.... And you know exactly what I'm talking about LOL.

Comment

Just kiss already.
                  Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                  Message has been sent to online moderators
                  2:BLeeN> veh yes
                  (Overstrand)>no
                  2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                  2:BLeeN> ok then no
                  :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                  (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

holy smokes. i thought TWDT started already........................................... .......................................
                    shaun> would u wash ur sheets and blankets if a chick squirted on it

RaCka> steadman is cross eyed, fat, balding, etc..... but his finger tips are talented in the javelin department..................

Mattey> real talk half the dudes in thailand hotter than the avg american woman

zeebu> what is that one documentary where the one kid kills another kids parents and feeds them to him in a chili for not growing pubes fast enough?

Comment

Someone say TWDT?, I'll allow a discussion I guess.....

Even though I literally took the hottest, most stinky, runny dookie on everyone's head tops last season, holy!
                      tmaC> 1:fireballz> im the greatest coordinator of all time
                      capE> lucky he didnt say captain
                      capE> LOL BURN

Tapzu> tamzu vleane, we all know tou copied that nick from me

1:merce> ima go take a shower and try to suk my own dick

9:Fludd> guys, i want u all to know something..
                      9:megaman89> fludd go play monopoly with children and dome

1:Kentaro> nice gay name elven
                      1:Kentaro> suits you well
                      1:PUTAO> fuk urself fuk emo, ur mother suck mu penis all day screaming my name

Comment

saiyan, i have no interest in reading the shit you spew, so I wont.
                        Im going to assume since you took it upon yourself to type to me a giant block of text that you are backing down for a second time from my challenge; in which case I have nothing else to say, except to add that you have made a wise move to the extent you care about your name.
                        either way...

Ill be back.

The Mind of the Father
                        Of relentless Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Tanzu View Post
                          Someone say TWDT?, I'll allow a discussion I guess.....
                          LOL

bring back shadowmere, that guy the king of twdt... somehow plays like a 10* in every ship in draft

top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                          X