Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sign me up to Captain.
    Bringing back Season 3s: Kobra Kai
    Last edited by Ardour; 07-18-2022, 04:21 PM.
    Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
    TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

[QUOTE=zidane;n1359963]You showed up multiple weeks and spent hours at the chance of winning like 50 bucks? do you realize how embarrassing that sounds.. ?:[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if this aimed at me or mela, but there's no question that we saw an influx in signups once there was a monetary incentive to play. Yes, it's only a small fraction, but we was not told how it would be distributed until last week. I personally would of done larger individual awards and larger rewards for starters and caps. Smaller rewards for non starters.
      Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

100% agree that its silly and unfair to players that put the time and effort in to be told the prize money is going to be rolled over to the next league for obvious reasons..

I understand that it creates a lot more hype to increase the pot and roll it over but totally lame and unfair to announce it on the last day of regular season.. It looks bad on staffs end and to the players it looks like they were finessed and exploited with a money prize thats not going to be given to them..

Comment

Hey everyone-

Valid feedback in this thread. RaCka and I spoke and agreed it's fair to keep the $600 set aside for Top Performers this season for the current season, and those winners will have the option to take it or roll it into the next season's prize pool.

We haven't discussed the "eliminated teams get no vote" feedback, yet so I don't yet have an answer on that. That said, votes are tied to TWD-registered accounts so we can certainly map it back to players and teams should we need to. Regardless, I encourage everyone to cast their vote as there is no decision at the time of writing. You can always see the current vote distribution by typing !info 54 to the vote not.

For transparency, I voted to roll over the current prize pool to next season. Smaller teams + larger prize pool would be awesome to compete for.

​​​​
          zidane> big play
          Omega Red> dwop sick
          mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
          WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
          1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

[QUOTE=Dwopple;n1359968]Hey everyone-

Valid feedback in this thread. RaCka and I spoke and agreed it's fair to keep the $600 set aside for Top Performers this season for the current season, and those winners will have the option to take it or roll it into the next season's prize pool.

We haven't discussed the "eliminated teams get no vote" feedback, yet so I don't yet have an answer on that. That said, votes are tied to TWD-registered accounts so we can certainly map it back to players and teams should we need to. Regardless, I encourage everyone to cast their vote as there is no decision at the time of writing. You can always see the current vote distribution by typing !info 54 to the vote not.

For transparency, I voted to roll over the current prize pool to next season. Smaller teams + larger prize pool would be awesome to compete for.

​​​​[/QUOTE]

That being said, I feel that there's already so much for inclusion with the star rating. I think the next prize pot should be for top 3 each league, cap of winning team and starters or minutes played (over 15 minutes) with the starters of the final get a bigger sum. Anyone who gets subbed out, that is shares with the person who is subbed in.

Comment

[QUOTE=Vys;n1359969]

That being said, I feel that there's already so much for inclusion with the star rating. I think the next prize pot should be for top 3 each league, cap of winning team and starters or minutes played (over 15 minutes) with the starters of the final get a bigger sum. Anyone who gets subbed out, that is shares with the person who is subbed in.

[/QUOTE]

let's also get a pool going for our cancun frequent flyers, those ticket costs add up.

[video=youtube_share;Q0-5Kkp38Zw]https://youtu.be/Q0-5Kkp38Zw[/video]
              top 100 basers list

Comment

All participants in TWDT should get an equal vote. It is only fair. I personally think 5000 is wayyyyyyyyy too much and could be spent more wisely stretching things out a bit. That is a lot of money and should be used wisely. Are there even low star and mid star [B]best performer [/B]money prizes in the works currently? Honest question. These are the type prizes for inclusivity we need to be focusing more on to create hype.

It is great we have these donations and dad and wirah are absolutely to be commended but let's use them fairly and wisely.
                TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

? just because you decide smaller teams and bigger prize pool would be awesome to play for doesn't mean its right to change what you said THE DAY OF THE LAST GAMES OF THE SEASON AFTER EVERYONE PLAYED A FULL SEASON THINKING THERE COULD BE PRIZE $, WHETHIR U THINK THE $ IS SIGNIFICANT OR NOT IS IRRELEVANT

ZIDANE THINKING "THE IDEA OF PRIZES IS TO GENERATE HYPE" IS IRRELEVANT, YOU SAID THERE WAS $2000 OR W/E PRIZES THIS SEASON (1 OF THE OPS ACTUALLY SAID MORE THAN THAT), YOU CANT PUT IT TO A VOTE TO CHANGE ON THE LAST DAY.

since you think putting it to a vote is the right thing to do, why didnt you put "re-draft with more teams after the late signups y/n" to a vote among the entire population instead of just asking a few captains?

you said you didn't do this because it was a lot of time and effort for the twdt ops, and some capts didnt want to re draft. how the fk is that different than players vsing "time and effort" playing all season thinking there is prize $ and then you vsing a public vote to move it to next season on the last day?

Comment

Man, this community is something else lol.

Anyway, sign me up for cap in TWDT.
                    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Vys shot more bullets than the entire list of players in TWDTD, get that man his money!

Comment

Subspace and onlyfans are my only sources of revenue. IM SHOCKED
                        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

[QUOTE=Rasaq;n1359976]Vys shot more bullets than the entire list of players in TWDTD, get that man his money![/QUOTE]

Damn right

Comment

I know that I'm late to this party but after reading the thread I'd still like to add my two cents:

Let's forget about whether this is "fair" to the players in playoffs who have a chance at making some coin. Let's look at Dwopples announcement of the roll-over proposal (with my emphasis added):

[Quote="Dwopple"] This TWDT Season’s prize pool of $2600 (always a massive thanks to our donors, Dad and Wirah). Both donors have given us the OK to poll the community about ROLLING this season’s prize pool into NEXT SEASON for a combined $5000 prize pool. [B]With many players being forced to sit out this season, we think it’s a good proposal to the community[/B] about how to handle the prize money for what is sure to be another EPIC Fall / Winter in Trench Wars.[/quote]

Let's ask ourselves a question: Who's been "forced to sit out this season"? Is it the 7- to 9-star player who's been forced to sit out in several seasons past? Or is it some of the 9- and 10-star players who have traditionally been playing every weekend of every league and been in the running to collect winnings for every past season?

Obviously it's the latter group that's been disenfranchised. Woe is them. The subtext of this announcement is "[I]you shmucks aren't worth the money,[/I]" whether it's stated or intended or not. It's elitist and condescending.

With that out of the way, let's talk about the supposed justification for this: to build hype. You're planning on running TWL and TWDT simultaneously with a combined prize pool of $5,000 for just TWDT or for both leagues? If it's the former than people get the opportunity to fight for, say, a $200 bonus rather than a $100 bonus. If it's the latter then rewards will likely be about as much as they were this season because you have to spread them across two leagues.

As Zidane so eloquently put it: "You showed up multiple weeks and spent hours at the chance of winning like 50 bucks? do you realize how embarrassing that sounds.. ?" Does that argument [I]really [/I]change [I]that much[/I] if you sub out "50 bucks" for "100 bucks"? Considering we all have jobs (or at least most of us do), I'd argue it doesn't. So then, how much more hype are we really adding?

With all of that being said, I genuinely believe this idea came about naturally and with good intentions. But it looks like some reverse Robinhooding bullshit to me.
                            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                            Message has been sent to online moderators
                            2:BLeeN> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>no
                            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                            2:BLeeN> ok then no
                            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

[QUOTE=Dreamwin;n1359974]Man, this community is something else lol.[/QUOTE]

This. [USER="334"]Vehicle[/USER] none of the donations presented by Dad and Wirah are being set aside for TWL. If anything, a larger prize pool would allow us to increase and distribute more earnings by category (winners, top performers by ratings tier) while making those winnings be "worthwhile".

To insinuate this was proposed with ill intentions is exhaustingly ridiculous. We're reading everything you guys post and are open to feedback in a constructive manner.

From Orcas alone there are plenty of low & high stars who would've preferred more playing time, and I'd argue a larger prize would be pool distributed around much more than is currently proposed would go a long way for the overall community, particularly the ones most affected by the issues this season.

That's where my vote went.
                              zidane> big play
                              Omega Red> dwop sick
                              mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                              WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                              1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

[USER="3972"]Dwopple[/USER] Did you not finish my post?

[quote="Vehicle"]With all of that being said, I genuinely believe this idea came about naturally and with good intentions.[/quote]

You're missing the point I'm making, which is that this "issue" is an invented one that only effects the small minority of top players who had to bench this season because of the star cap. Like maybe 10 people, all 10 of which have been in the running to win money in season's past.

And I'd argue you haven't even said anything about the prize pool would be distributed. You didn't say more prizes, you just said more money. My assumption was just that instead of paying cripple 100$ you'd pay him 200$.

My point is that literally no one was complaining about the prize money being "ill-spent". Yall chose to make it an issue and then got mad when people disagreed with you.

I still love you though and as I said in my post I don't think you had any bad intentions at all.
                                Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                                Message has been sent to online moderators
                                2:BLeeN> veh yes
                                (Overstrand)>no
                                2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                                2:BLeeN> ok then no
                                :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                                (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Working...
                                X