Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we rework how players are granted medals for DT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we rework how players are granted medals for DT?

liz doesn't show up for a single game all season/playoffs, gets a wb medal. What? This feels pretty dumb honestly. Can we rework the medal system for DT if your team wins, who actually gets medals?

How do you guys think it should be done?
    If on roster you get a medal.
    26.67%
    If you played at least one game at some point during the season or playoffs you get the medal.
    46.67%
    If you played during the playoffs you get a medal.
    20.00%
    If you played in the finals you get a medal.
    6.67%
    rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
    rEnZi> its crazy
    rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

nobody cares about who has dt medals they dont even show unless u click on the player profile
    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post
      nobody cares about who has dt medals they dont even show unless u click on the player profile
      The point is to earn your way to a medal. What's the point then? Why don't we just start handing out participation medals to anyone that signed up?
      rEnZi> its crazy
      rEnZi> thats real power

Comment

Originally posted by RageRitual View Post

The point is to earn your way to a medal. What's the point then? Why don't we just start handing out participation medals to anyone that signed up?
        that would also not bother me as long as it only showed on their profile
        Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

id say if you have played a game, u get it, but it is not really that important of an issue. There have been cases where people contribute alot during main season, but due to personal issues cannot make it to playoffs, just excluding them because of that is not correct. It is a league after all, so contribution should matter.

Comment

The bare minimum should be one game played - those people actually bothered to show up.
            If someone signs up and is drafted but never shows up - that actually works AGAINST the team, so a ban is more appropriate than a medal.
            I think playing 1 game only might not be enough, but requiring playoffs playtime is too strict.
            However, choosing an ideal number of games is hard, it's a lot easier to just use 1 game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
              The bare minimum should be one game played - those people actually bothered to show up.
              If someone signs up and is drafted but never shows up - that actually works AGAINST the team, so a ban is more appropriate than a medal.
              I think playing 1 game only might not be enough, but requiring playoffs playtime is too strict.
              However, choosing an ideal number of games is hard, it's a lot easier to just use 1 game.
              Its not a player's choice whether or not they play a game or not.

When they show and dont play, they could contribute by coording, calling deaths, etc.

During non-TWDT games (ie mmr, twd) they could play in games with teammates, in an effort to improve teamwork, their skills, and show what they can do out on the pitch.

However, if a player is benched a few times in a row, it would make sense to me why they would eventually stop showing for that time slot. League games are on Sundays.

Comment

River makes some good points, especially coording. However in the case of liz, it was 100% his fault for not getting to play any matches, the guy never even showed up to a single match. It was worse having him on roster, it indirectly forced me to change up my base line and trade mouse away. Having that draft pick for literally any other shark instead would have made a huge difference to the basing line and potentially could have been a basing win as well. He 100% does not deserve the medal and really makes them feel worthless by him being rewarded with one.
                rEnZi> its crazy
                rEnZi> thats real power

Comment

River makes some good points, especially coording. However in the case of liz, it was 100% his fault for not getting to play any matches, the guy never even showed up to a single match. It was worse having him on roster, it indirectly forced me to change up my base line and trade mouse away. Having that draft pick for literally any other shark instead would have made a huge difference to the basing line and potentially could have been a basing win as well. He 100% does not deserve the medal and really makes them feel worthless by him being rewarded with one.
                  They're 2d bitmap medals on a website that nobody looks at or cares about. It really isn't a big deal.
                  RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

They're 2d bitmap medals on a website that nobody looks at or cares about. It really isn't a big deal.
                    And yet we still get 150-200 people every season trying to compete for them.
                    rEnZi> its crazy
                    rEnZi> thats real power

Comment

And yet we still get 150-200 people every season trying to compete for them.
                      Do we really? I'm pretty sure only around 50 people get to play while the rest just sits in spec and play other games instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X