Discord Chat Announcers Cheating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discord Chat Announcers Cheating?

I noticed on the DTB Semi's Power vs Pureluck recording that the annoucers were on the same chat channel as in-game players and that they were talking to each other and advice was given.

Not going to name names because (Redacted) folks need not be discriminated against, and I think this is a very bad practice and should not be allowed for matches and especially for playoffs.

If in-game players want to listen to the live broadcast then that's their choice, but they shouldn't be allowed to be on the same discord chat channel.

IMAO - That was also stupid and distracting from the commentary as live in-game players would break in with "oh crap" or "what the hell" and other crap in the middle of the commentary. The announcers would be like, "XX" try this, and then, "XX" would be like, "OK." The announcers asked them to mute their mic at one point but they did not mute it.

Does Pureluck need extra help and advice? If so, maybe we should let them strategy cheat with the announcers again. If not then this should not be allowed again.
    Best> not gunna lie i thought jackie was a hot chick so i picked her in FA and found out it was a dude

Originally posted by JacKie> View Post
    Does Pureluck need extra help and advice? If so, maybe we should let them strategy cheat with the announcers again. If not then this should not be allowed again.
    Jackie about to get slammed so hard they sub in DW. Heard it hear first.
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post

Jackie about to get slammed so hard they sub in DW. Heard it hear first.
      Tiny about to spend 10 minutes trying to get up main tube each match and doesn't sub out though - Heard it hear first.
      Best> not gunna lie i thought jackie was a hot chick so i picked her in FA and found out it was a dude

Comment

Tiny about to spend 10 minutes trying to get up main tube each match and doesn't sub out though - Heard it hear first.
        I can't hear you over the crushing sound of 13-1 basing team making their way out of playoffs.
        1:waven> u challenge
        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

While from a professionalism standpoint I don't disagree with keeping players off the commentary chat, there is no competitive advantage gained from voicechatting random people. The players in the booth don't have any special advice they can offer. You are far better off chatting with your team and actually coordinating.

If more players wanted to help with commentary and recording, we maybe wouldn't run into these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post

I can't hear you over the crushing sound of 13-1 basing team making their way out of playoffs.
            i'm liking the banter. it will be a huge honor to welcome tiny and/or jackie to the ranks of champion terriers... good luck!

top 100 basers list

Comment

Building up controversy in an almost dead game. Kudos, guys. Cubone will be proud.

Comment

I can't tell if you're trolling or not....

If we are talking about power vs pure luck, I don't recall anyone being asked to mute their mic, unless this was done in PM maybe? Nobody cheated. There was one player from each team there and a lot of us have been playing with/against each other for years over voice chat, it's honestly just part of the game for us.

"shouldn't be allowed" These streams are not official, it should 100% be up to whoever is recording the video who joins or doesn't. Honestly it can be fun being on a voice chat vs your opponent provided people don't start yelling at each other like 4 year olds.

I recommend not doing it while playing Warbird though, that requires more focus.
                rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                rEnZi> its crazy
                rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Originally posted by WillBy View Post
                  While from a professionalism standpoint I don't disagree with keeping players off the commentary chat, there is no competitive advantage gained from voicechatting random people. The players in the booth don't have any special advice they can offer. You are far better off chatting with your team and actually coordinating.

If more players wanted to help with commentary and recording, we maybe wouldn't run into these things.
                  While I see your point that one person doesn't necessarily have better advice than another; they were seeing general trends and offereing advice. Now this isn't much different than if they were just listening to the stream and the general commentary so I don't know what the person who brought this up is worried about.

It would have been good for the announcers to comment every so often on who all was on the channel. There isn't usually a, "this is X, and I'm joined by X and X today." I think it would add to the listener experience as people are always asking who are the commentators. (And don't get all shitty about constructive feedback, some always get super defensive - just ideas that MIGHT make it cooler)

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MeagerBett...aco-mobile.mp4

Originally posted by RageRitual
                  I can't tell if you're trolling or not....

If we are talking about power vs pure luck, I don't recall anyone being asked to mute their mic, unless this was done in PM maybe? Nobody cheated. There was one player from each team there and a lot of us have been playing with/against each other for years over voice chat, it's honestly just part of the game for us.

"shouldn't be allowed" These streams are not official, it should 100% be up to whoever is recording the video who joins or doesn't. Honestly it can be fun being on a voice chat vs your opponent provided people don't start yelling at each other like 4 year olds.

I recommend not doing it while playing Warbird though, that requires more focus.
                  Well I wasn't trollling just thought it could possibly give an unfair advantage.

They did ask y'all to mute - but only once.

I too think it could be fun and funny to be on a chat with your opponent if people were not yelling like 4 year olds. There should have been more trash talk between the two of you though as it would have been more entertaining.

https://gfycat.com/achingneglectedheifer

(how do you add gifs?)

Comment

I agree, but also don't care. IMO voice chat is distracting and a disadvantage. Same goes for listening to stream while playing.

Comment

There isn't usually a, "this is X, and I'm joined by X and X today."

Well I wasn't trollling just thought it could possibly give an unfair advantage.

They did ask y'all to mute - but only once.

There should have been more trash talk between the two of you though as it would have been more entertaining.
                      1) This is actually a great idea for those that don't know who people are.

2) You can have stream on in background while playing so anyone could be getting these "advantages" but at this point in the game 98% of the players should know what they should be doing, or be asking their more experienced players what to do. I honestly do not see any unfair advantages here. Each team also has people in spec that can make calls on their own freq as well. In warbird for example, each team usually has someone cording.

3) I have rewatched the stream and still don't recall this, could you link the timestamp?

4) Yes, we should have, but to be honest, it's hard to do that with 2 different ships, I'm sure if I was in spider there would have been more opportunities to shit talk each other.
                      rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                      rEnZi> its crazy
                      rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Working...
                      X