• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT Season 28 Announcement

TWDT HYPE!

TWDT Season 28 Ops: RaCka, Tiny, Lee, Dwopple

Signups & Draft
    Signups will be open shortly. Will make a separate post on this. Signups will close Saturday, October 7th at midnight EDT.

Teams & Star Caps
    We are aiming to have 8 teams.

Player ratings & The Draft
    Ratings will be streamed about a week before the draft at a time that is convenient for the members who volunteer to assist with them. The draft will be live-streamed on Sunday, October 8th.

Start Date (Week 1)
    The season will start Sunday, October 15th.

All other details regarding the league will be posted in the next couple days / weeks, there will be 4 main changes into league, each with clear purpose of fixing some issues and testing some ideas how to improve the league:

More details to follow. If you have any comments or ideas or want to help, let me know in game or via discord or forum.
    Signup thread is located here: https://forums.trenchwars.com/twdt/1...-sign-up-sheet
    Last edited by RaCka; 09-28-2023, 05:38 PM.

all of your proposed changes are atrocious no offense
    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

TWDT 28 FALL SEASON HYPE LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO!
      zidane> big play
      Omega Red> dwop sick
      mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
      WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
      1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

The shorter season idea is a good one in case big changes don't go over too well.
        rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
        rEnZi> its crazy
        rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

"1) star caps to be replaced with tiers: top tier (gamechanging players currently rated around 9 - 10), mid tier (decent players around 7.5-8.5), low tier (7 and lower). This should reduce the effect of teams unable to field some players just because they are 0.5 rated too highly and some broken ratings, we have had in recent years, its easier to rate players into 3 tiers rather than by 0.5 margin."

I think this will have the opposite effect - if will just make the ppl playing above/below their given rating way more valuable as there are 3 tiers instead of more, I don't get it.
          #1 problem with this is if you have a short season with these tiers and your 1tier slot misses a game you're hooped - it's already hard enough for 8 squads to get showups each week it will be more difficult with less flexibility (this system).

Rating ppl into 3 brackets instead of rating into 7+ more specific categories will make it less competitive, we can try it but the reasoning given seems pretty off to me - I do think the schedule should be changed to whatever euros want.

Separate drafts are needed for this system I think because it's harder to field a lineup given how specific it is.
          TRENCH WARS BILLIONAIRE
          (THX TO CHEECHOO/JURASSIC/EKKO/CUBONE27/BOMBED/SPOOKEDONE/AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK/GENERAL CHANG/LF/SPRACKLE/TEMUJIN/MERCEDES)
          PRO FESTIVAL BUYERS:HAWTHORNE/PUREOWNAGE
          AND OFC DUEL2 PARTNER CRIPPLE

Comment

Originally posted by Spezza View Post
            "1) star caps to be replaced with tiers: top tier (gamechanging players currently rated around 9 - 10), mid tier (decent players around 7.5-8.5), low tier (7 and lower). This should reduce the effect of teams unable to field some players just because they are 0.5 rated too highly and some broken ratings, we have had in recent years, its easier to rate players into 3 tiers rather than by 0.5 margin."

I think this will have the opposite effect - if will just make the ppl playing above/below their given rating way more valuable as there are 3 tiers instead of more, I don't get it.
            #1 problem with this is if you have a short season with these tiers and your 1tier slot misses a game you're hooped - it's already hard enough for 8 squads to get showups each week it will be more difficult with less flexibility (this system).

Rating ppl into 3 brackets instead of rating into 7+ more specific categories will make it less competitive, we can try it but the reasoning given seems pretty off to me - I do think the schedule should be changed to whatever euros want.

Separate drafts are needed for this system I think because it's harder to field a lineup given how specific it is.
            Hey!

The tier system is designed to be very flexible and competiton for playing spot will be within the tier, not so much if someone is rated 6.5 or 7 will determine if you get to play. Although not final, my initial thoughts look like this: in order to use current bots, there will be 3 ratings given: all top tier pilots get 10, mid tier get 5 and low tier gets 1. Max vp per freq is 41 for duelling, so team can line up either 4 top tier and 1 low tier pilot or 3 top tier and 2 mid-tier pilots. Up to captain to decide what works best. Of course tier system will automatically mean that within a tier, there are better and worse pilots, but everyone has a chance proving their worth. Similar logic will apply in base as well.
            I have strong belief that it will reduce the situations, where some people have to bench just because the player who made their gametime possible, is not present at game. I've seen this is happening multiple times in all draft leagues i've been present and its demotivating. Also, final rules will be made on how the signups form. We look to see that there are at least +1 +2 (depending on cap picks) from each tier in each squad, add the ability to switch from 1 low to 2 mid-tier, and you have more flexible setup that will not punish teams if a specific person is unable to show up.

So in a nutshell, its something between the cup setup we had just now, with no vps and previous twdt with specific vps for everyone and cap limits. Going without vps at all would mean probably heavily reduced gametime or mercy seconds for alot of players, the old system has its flaws and we want to test out how this plays out.

Comment

Lee is gonna save us all!
              Jk, gonna be a disaster, as per usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Spezza View Post

I generally agree about the slot system. The granularity of stars creates a lower misrating disturbance than slots. For example, and 8.5 star player would likely be considered a "mid tier" while a 9 star is "top tier". When star ratings are accurate, these players play mostly the same, but in a slot system they're pretty far apart.

I do think that base could benefit from a star slot system though. Sharks and terriers are hard to rate (markmrw was dropped from 9 to 8.5 the season he won TWLB). A discount shark or terrier can be game breaking. Adding a star slot for those three positions could help cover some of these issues. This leaves 5 spiders that fall under the star system, which conveniently equals the number of warbirds or javs that play, and generally have the same star cap. It would now be easier for captains less familiar with base to draft a strong line, and makes it harder to stack the spider line (which has been a winning combo lately).

Comment

we stopped doing that thing where you get automatically signed up, right?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Agree with spezza. Less tiers = more under/overrating.
                    1:waven> u challenge
                    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

In order for this to work it is likely easiest to have certain requirements one needs to meet to be considered a top tier or middle tier player. As an example you could say that a top tier player needs to meet at least three simple requirements:

- regular starter for a top flight TWL squad (playoff contender)
                      - solid carry potential or consistently good performances in competitive playoff matches
                      - considered to be a great player by the community (8.5 or higher)

nevertheless I would prefer a tier system over ratings as player ratings are wildly biased and being stuck with a hard cap makes it far more annoying to manage.

Comment

I like the proposed changes except the tiers. tiers is a bad idea, this was what was in place before we switched to star cap. tiers will have far too many people misrated and make 10* caps broken and anyone in the high end of the tiers far more valuable. should just do standard star cap or no star cap at all

Comment

No star cap and max player activity lets gooOoOoOOooo

Comment

I'm down and could cap if needed.

How about make the tier system have 5 tiers. It would be easily setup. Say 80 signup... order by star rating and a 2nd number, say titles won or just be lazy and so playername, then you would have 8 players per tier. Each team would have to field 1 person per tier. This would increase play time for players at all skill levels.

At the end of the season you could also do it so players in the finals all get 0.5+ stars. And the bottom team get -0.5.
                            Last edited by Ardour; 08-19-2023, 03:51 AM.
                            Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                            TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Originally posted by Ardour View Post
                              I'm down and could cap if needed.

How about make the tier system have 5 tiers. It would be easily setup. Say 80 signup... order by star rating and a 2nd number, say titles won or just be lazy and so playername, then you would have 8 players per tier. Each team would have to field 1 person per tier. This would increase play time for players at all skill levels.

At the end of the season you could also do it so players in the finals all get 0.5+ stars. And the bottom team get -0.5.
                              This would be more or less just removing half star ratings, but rest of the idea is similar to what i had in mind, so teams are limited to certain amount of players. So idea is that entire playerbase will be divided into tiers so that lets say we have 8 caps, there will be either 16 or 24 top tier pilots all together and each team will be limited to having 3. If cap himself is also top tier, this means 1 less top player slot in his team, will little bit balance it out.
                              Also i though it would make sense to have draft in 2 parts and in reverse order. So top tier will be selected first, then draft order will be reversed and mid/low will commence. This would mean that the lucky cap to get best top tier choice would be at least limited to 8th best second tier pilot.

Comment

Working...
                              X