Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWDT 28 Free Agent List (FA Draft November 5th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT 28 Free Agent List (FA Draft November 5th)

If you would like to sign up for free agency this season please message myself, Dwopple, Lee, or Tiny in game or via discord. You can also pm the TWDTBot with !signup to be added.

The FA draft will take place on November 5th, 2023 at 1:00PM EDT, 1 hour before the Week 4 games begin. The picking order will be based on the current standings before the Week 4 matches. The lowest ranked team will have the first pick in free agency, and then so on and so forth. If there are any ties between teams, it will be randomized to determine who picks first. This will provide teams that are struggling to have a better chance at turning their season around, while also giving returning players an opportunity to play a good amount of the season.

FA Players are immediately eligible to play all Week 4 games after being drafted.

There will be a Free Agency tax applied to all players in the free agency draft pool for all 3 leagues of .5* per league.

The ratings below HAVE the free agency tax applied
    1. Flew - 9.5 / 8 / 7.5
    2. Retroaction - 7 / 7 / 7.5
    3. Props - 8.5 / 8 / 7.5
    4. Bick - 7.5 / 7.5 / 7.5
    5. Pavement (Unknown show rate) - 6.5 / 6.5 / 8.5
    6. Cloth - 8.5 / 8 / 7.5
    7. Markmrw - 7 / 7 / 9.5
    8. BOMBED - 9.5 / 10 / 10.5
    9. Jurassic - 9.5 / 9.5 / 10
    10. Rampage - 8 / 8 / 7.5
    11. Burnt - 9 / 8 / 8

OFFICIAL FA DRAFT ORDER
    1. Bunnies
    2. Ethereal
    3. Pure Luck
    4. Cloud
    5. Stray
    6. Terrorist
    7. Power
    8. Prime
    Pure Luck/Cloud tie break roll: https://youtu.be/ay9aqabsut0
    Stray/Terrorist/Power tie break roll: https://youtu.be/mDxCFaQxla8
    Last edited by RaCka; 11-04-2023, 11:07 AM.
    1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Props
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

I know it's has been in place for a while and the FA pool is usually low but excluding 2020 with the COVID boost (hence more people/options) and while I see some valid reasons for a 0.5 tax, I don't see a grandiose one.

Harder to make an impact, to fit a captain's line and down the line, somewhat less motivating to signup for the FA. As an example with the current 2 names, even if taxed, both will have more odds to play in other leagues instead their main, especially if correctly rated.

I agree with it 90% with a higher pool player like we had on 2020 or older years, but just on a purely 'marketing/attention grabbing' perspective, not having a tax, caters people better when you have 100-130 as opposed to 200-250. Maybe something to re-think for a future DT.

Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
      Your friend,
      ​​Papi
      ​​​​​

Comment

People were signing up to FA on purpose instead of the main draft. The tax discourages that. This season it looks like that problem isn't happening. Hard to say if that's because of the tax or not.

The main problems I saw with the tax were:
        1. the ratings with tax applied meant that even if the cap makes the optimal FA pick they're still at a meaningful disadvantage when fielding that player.
        2. the overrated player often didn't get fielded.
        3. it wasn't clearly recorded who's rating had the tax applied, so when the following season started the tax wasn't always removed.

My preference is to not have FA at all. But we need to be better at choosing the number of teams based on the signups we have, the last few seasons have spread players too thinly, so we end up looking to FA to fix show rate problems. The purpose of FA is to allow players who missed the first signup to take part, it is not to fix attendance issues, or to give an advantage to the worst team.

Comment

add bick to list

Comment

Sign me up
            My plans for the next 12 weeks have been ruined by an injury, I can now show on Sundays
            MRW

Comment

FA Pick Order is RANDOM!
              Last edited by Tiny; 10-29-2023, 08:38 PM.

Originally posted by MHz
              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                FA Pick Order is RANDOM!
                Why'd you change the order? Should just go reverse standings for fairness?

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps View Post

The tie breakers are random.

last to first, ties are randomized.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Would be good to post the order so we don't have to decrypt whatever Tiny is trying to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps View Post

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                      Would be good to post the order so we don't have to decrypt whatever Tiny is trying to say.
                      The rules have basically been copy/pasted for many seasons now and need a little revamping after this season ends. As of right now any team that is tied at the time of the free agency draft is randomized for draft placement. We have 3 teams tied at 10 wins a piece and 2 teams tied at 9 wins a piece. The official order will be posted within the next day or two.
                      1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

Rampage in.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Official FA draft order has been posted (edited into top post) along with the 2 tie break rolls
                          zidane> big play
                          Omega Red> dwop sick
                          mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                          WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                          1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

RaCka

Wait, why the hell did we go back to standings for FA pick order? It should be random.

We should just do away with FA I been saying it for years, and now look how hilariously unbalanced these picks are.
                            rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                            rEnZi> its crazy
                            rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Originally posted by RageRitual View Post
                              RaCka

Wait, why the hell did we go back to standings for FA pick order? It should be random.

We should just do away with FA I been saying it for years, and now look how hilariously unbalanced these picks are.
                              The FA picks went from last to first and ties were randomized.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Working...
                              X