HOT OR NOT -- WEEK 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOT OR NOT -- WEEK 4

The Week 4 edition of Hot or Not is now available here.

May the odds be ever in your favor!
    top 100 basers list

Good read as always! Had a good laugh from the line about the S on my shirt followed by H I T, would have to agree...

Shits been laggy for me lately and dying to misses on my screen been tilting me. Anyways, no excuses, it was a bad week from me just got to suck it up and play better
    1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
    1:pascone> folder is empty :/
    1:Tiny> LOL
    1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

Ogron with another Monday Hot or Not BANGER!! These have been more entertaining than some of the actual matches. Looking forward to next week!!
      1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

Great write-up Oggie!!! Love kicking off the week with your HON's to read, it's become a new ritual of mine and know I am going to miss reading these when the league ends. They're so damn good! Must admit, felt weird not getting roasted this week from my usual suckage performances but I did get a hot for the first time.. like ever I am pretty sure, so I'll take it. Anyways! You're the best. Another big cheesy 'thank you' Oggie! Have a great rest of your week!

Comment

amazing stuff as usual Og, thx for this. Power about to go on a run to end the season !!!

Comment

Good shit Oggie! I love reading these during my Monday morning movement!
            3:Steadman> ive been a leader in every league of legends and basketball game ive ever played in

Comment

Absolutely incredible.

I was actually talking to someone at work about this game and they were fascinated about it.

After I went through my never ending leaderboard stats (was a lengthy process) and then briefly showed cripples recommendations on outdoor camping equipment (I'm joking bud, relax)

I then showed him this HoN and explained that every player looks forward to reading it to capture what happened in their game and others and then read all the quotes and jokes. He then made a good point that players who go 3-10 maybe might not open it.

Anyway we continued with the conversation outside. I asked him for a lighter, because I was smoking a Cuban.

Jokes aside, we really appreciate what you do ogron, this is the bridge to keep the league conversations alive until the following work. Keep it up bud
              Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Ogron you're the GOAT for doing these. I look forward to reading these with my coffee on Monday morning after I catch up on all the discord drama, always a great write up for sure.

I don't think FA is as broken as you suggest especially with the 0.5* FA tax on each player. Some teams are plagued by no shows and attendance issues or missing a component they need and FA can give them the boost.they need. Say a team is in dead last and there is no FA, there's a good chance they would just stop showing or lose motivation to try and show up.

Also looking at how close the standings are right now shows that this format is working and keeping the tournament competitive.

A team in first or second place obviously won't need an additional 9 or 10* as bad and should be fine with a later round FA pick. My suggestions for future tournaments would be the following:

1) In regards to the initial draft have the draft order determined by overall star count total of caps, lower skilled captains should get first picks in order to get the high star players they would need in order to have a balanced league from the get go.

2) For any player signed up for the FA with a total star count above 25.5 (avg of 8.5 in each league) the captains can vote on ONE division in which the tax applied to them would be 1* rather than 0.5*. For example this tournament it would have been Jurassic and BOMBED, once their ratings were established with the tax all captains would vote on one division for each in which they think these superstars should be nerfed additionally.*

* the vote would be on each player, so Jurassic might get a 1* tax in wb and BOMBED might get the 1* tax in jav.
                absurd> havnt seen ekko miss in 20 mins;\

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed this read! Thanks Ogron
                  TWLD Champion 2014
                  TWDTB Champion 2013
                  TWDTB Champion 2016
                  TWDTB Champion 2017
                  TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                  -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Good reading my team getting stomped....I LOVE TWDT! Appreciate the write up, always a laugh!

Next week I will be player of the week with PL bouncing back from 1-5 to consecutive 6-0's. (Heard it hear first) I hope to make it an easy selection Oggie! Followed by probably 4-2. LETS GO!!
                    1:waven> u challenge
                    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                      Good reading my team getting stomped....I LOVE TWDT! Appreciate the write up, always a laugh!

Next week I will be player of the week with PL bouncing back from 1-5 to consecutive 6-0's. (Heard it hear first) I hope to make it an easy selection Oggie! Followed by probably 4-2. LETS GO!!
                      Calling player of the week a week in advanced?! What a bald… I mean bold statement from Tiny!!!
                      1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

Big oggie
                        As always, amazing stuff brother
                        FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                        SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                        SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                        SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                        #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

The smoked Cuban line got me loooool these are always 12/10 amazing. Thanks for putting this much effort to entertain our tiny caveman brains each week
                          J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                          8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

thank you kind sirs, appreciate the feedback <3

also, Efhat not to nitpick but you forgot your 2019 TWDT-B title in your sig, along with being #1 all-time in TWLB finals made with 9!

since you and vys are going at it, you may want to use my handy Warbird, Jav, and Basing lists which I've just updated to ensure your mud slinging is accurate as possible!

*all championship counts are based on boxscores, and dark gold means a player started and won the finals of that championship, light gold means contributed to the title, silver means runner-up.

other resources include 10* TWDT winners list in the star cap era and Most TWL Finals. good luck to both parties!
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

Thanks for another great HON oggie! I'd like to propose a cruise ban on Tiny next time he volunteers to cap TWDT.
                              zidane> big play
                              Omega Red> dwop sick
                              mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                              WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                              1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Working...
                              X