Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Team Review (TWDT-J)

P1ssm1n

Vys (10) – RaCka (9.5) – Jamal (8.5) – Sarger (8) – Whispus (7)
    Vys (10) – Commodo (9.5) – Racka (9.5) – Violence (7.5) – Mercedes (6.5)

Substitutes: Creature (9) – Draft (9) – Rojo (8) – Paky Dude (7.5) – Brethal (7) – Refer (6.5)

P1ssm1n has some great value on paper and enough high-star depth to not have to worry too much about RaCka missing Semi-Finals.

Vys has been on a hot streak and the self-proclaimed regular season GOAT will be a force to be reckoned with, but you can only pray that his form will continue once the meaningful games start in later August. Vys has a history of both doing absolutely amazing or performing sub-optimally in playoffs, however given his recent track record and passion towards the game I would lean towards him having a monstrous season. RaCka and Commodo are both excellent value competing for the starting position, but it is definitely worth noting that they could easily field all three star players simultaneously with some creativity. RaCka has an amazing track record in playoffs and will be invaluable asset should they make it to the finals. Creature and Draft have potential to be decent value for their team which would allow Rapid to opt into using some more interesting lineup variations, but my concern is whether they can shake off their rust.

As far as their middle-tier players go, Jamal is a decent all-arounder. Unfortunately he has the tendency to message opposing players about how terrible they are and how they should kill themselves instead of focusing on the game. Rojo on the other hand is one of the best aggressive players in SVS and has shown to have considerable untapped potential, but is often out of practice due to his lack of commitment to this zone. Other notable players are Sarger and Whispus both of whom have looked rather good in their respective rating brackets.

P1ssm1n is so close to being a great team, but sadly not quite up to par with other top teams despite their big players having very high potential to outright carry some games. Regrettably what ends up bringing this team down their rather weak options for the 5th player slot which leaves a huge vulnerability for other better teams to exploit, and the lack of quality low star substitutes definitely does not help their case.

Violence is sure to pull off some amazing trades to patch up this weakness and come back stronger than ever. I would not count this team out.

Overall rating: B+

NPCs

Bombed (10) – Mythril (9) – Rampage (9) – Azuline(7.5) – Siaxis (7.5)
    Bombed (10) – Mythril (9) – HellzNo! (8.5) – Absurd(8) – Azuline (7.5)

Substitutes: Temujin (10) – Mikkiz (8.5) – Bick (7.5) – Frozen Throne (7) – Unlimited (6.5)

This is the team to beat. They have it all. Overall strongest player quality and depth among all other teams, and they also quality substitutes in most slots.

Bombed managed to draft a well-balanced team with several undervalued players, but it remains to be seen whether he himself can live up to the hype. He is a great diverse player, but has a tendency to tilt when things start going awry. Temujin was an insane late pick should he show up to play, and the funny part is this team can play both of their top star players without hurting their balanced line too much. Both Mythril and Rampage are insane value and I have no clue how this guy managed to get both players on his team. Pure insanity.

Their could also opt to use HellzNo! or Mikkiz as both great bang for your buck, further increasing their adaptability when it comes to lineup variations. Absurd is also a consistent performer, but he's unlikely to play as guy is always underselling his value in dueling leagues saying how others should play over him. Azuline and Siaxis are amazing picks for 7.5-star value, and to round it up they even got Bick who has the aptitude to further elevate this team to greatness should he be given some proper training and coaching.

Only notable weaknesses would be lacking substitutes in both 7-star and 8-star slots, but that gets easily covered by their other players. Great drafting, bucko.

Overall rating: A+

Ronaldos

Saiyan (10) – Stayon (9.5) – Paradise (8.5) – Hulk (8.5) – Yojimbo (6.5)
    Saiyan (10) – Stayon(9.5) – Paradise(8.5) – Ekko(8) – Cig Smoke(7)

Substitutes: Best (10) – yeh (9.5) – Banzi (8.5) – Jz (8) – Tripin (7.5) – Pressure (7)

This is a tough team to accurately evaluate. Ronaldos have great value when it comes to higher star slots, but simply fall a bit short on quality middle tier players and their best lineups can also be easily exploited by simply hunting lower cost players to create an advantage.

Saiyan returned after an extended hiatus and has the potential to outright carry teams. His commanding presence and intelligence to cover team mates might play a crucial role, and Stayon has been a formidable javelin for over two decades. These two will be the backbone of this team, but should one of them not show up then Best is an excellent option to have as his lag is supposedly playable. Sadly it's impossible to fit all three to the same line.

Paradise and Hulk are both outstanding value with vastly different style of play depending on which approach they want to take, but it's simply only downhill after that. Ekko might be the only other notable player middle-star player on this team as rest are simply too inactive or never were good enough to carry their own weight in this league.

Ronaldos have the potential to upset some teams, and with some good trades they could even make a run to win it all, but as things stand I have my serious doubts about their chances. Yojimbo would make games interesting, but it's perhaps too risky of a move to attempt adding him against any serious opponent.

In urgent need of trades as they are one player away from competing with the big teams.

Overall rating: B

Haze

Rough (10) – Dreamwin (10) – Zizzo (8) – Cripple(8) – Rabbit (7)
    Rough (10) – Ardour (8.5) – Hypocrit(8.5) – Cripple(8) – Zizzo (8)

Substitutes: Iron Survivor (9) – Dwopple (8) – Beast (8) – Spectacular (8) – Kangal (8) – Flew (7.5) – Omega Red (7.5)

I actually quite like this team.

Haze decided to draft basically every single 8-star available to screw over other teams. It's a bold strategy, but I love it as it does allow them to have an arsenal of middle tier players up for trade should it be necessary. Sadly there is the glaring issue of having only one playable 7-star or below player which greatly limits their flexibility, and should Rabbit underperform they could be in big trouble. This is my pick for the tournament as the dark horse to win it all.

Rough and Dreamwin are among the greatest players to play javelin, consistently reaching playoffs and clutching out important matches. Their ability to dominate the playing field is nearly unmatched and both are excellent at supporting their weaker team mates. Zizzo and Cripple are both superb value while all their other 8-star options are all good candidates for the substitute role. Ardour and Hypocrit were rather interesting late picks to add some extra variability and unpredictability. Rabbit is the most important piece of this team as they have very limited options to choose from, and his performance will determine whether they can compete this year.

Great team with limited weaknesses that could easily be patched up with a trade or two.

Overall rating: A

Power

Zidane (10) – Turban (10) – Zizu (8.5) – Spikey (7.5) – RageRitual (7)
    Zidane (10) – Turban (10) – Sword (8) – Spikey (7.5) – Chance (7.5)

Substitutes: Okyo (8.5) – Dak (7.5) – Beam (7.5) – Lee (7.5) – Big Sean (7) – Azzaz (6)

Power is looking like an absolute powerhouse in basing, but sadly falls a bit short when it comes to javelin. This team heavily relies on both 10-star players not only showing up, but also performing at a high level every week. Tall task in my humble opinion.

Zidane is historically speaking the most consistent playoff performer past 15 years, and you can always count on him to have great games. Good at supporting and staying alive to clutch it out in the end game. Turban on the other hand is a rusty piece of shit with way too big of an ego and tendency to tilt, and should this team fail it will be without a shadow of doubt my fault for performing below my expected level. Zizu was an excellent pick along as it increases the chances of his cousin Spikey showing up to play, and our backups are not to be scoffed at as Okyo, Chance, and Dak can easily pull their weight.

There are definite concerns regarding activity and overall rustiness of some players, but I feel we have potential to challenge for a title on a good day. As another negative we have almost no depth in both high and low star rating brackets which could be our downfall should someone have an abysmal performance.

Overall rating: A-

Pure Luck

Tiny (9.5) – Skatarius (8.5) – FieryFire (8.5) – Kim(8.5) – Rainbow Seeker (8)
    Tiny (9.5) – Cape (9) – Skatarius (8.5) – FieryFire(8.5) – Jessup(7.5)

Substitutes: Lockdown (8.5) – Zapata (7.5) – Shaun (7.5) – Galaxy Turbo (6)

Pure Luck somehow managed to draft a team of retired competitive players. Overall this is a good mid range team, but the lack of hard carry players could cost them some close games. Luckily none of this matters as in one week this team will look completely different. Rumour has it their entire team, with the exception of Rainbow Seeker, is on the trade block.

On a more serious note Tiny is actually wonderful value after he somehow managed to lower his rating with empty threats some seasons ago, and Skatarius has looked absolutely lethal in recent MMR matches. FieryFire is slowly unrusting and hopefully by the end of this season he will be more than a shadow of his former self. Kim is perhaps the most overrated player in a team setting, and considering the fact that Lockdown claimed his inability to show most weeks could be devastating for their team.

Cape and Rainbow Seeker have the potential to elevate their team to a higher level with both having the ability to be difference makers in close games. Galaxy Turbo is probably best value 6-star player, but with increased cap it is nearly impossible to get any value out of him. My controversial take is that Jessup could actually be pretty good value on a team like this, and I would definitely explore the option of using her in a match.

The potential is there for Pure Luck to have a great season, and sky is the limit with one or two big trades.

Overall rating: A-

I feel most teams had a successful draft and matches should be far more interesting with the increase of roster caps. There should be less volatility as there won't be as many low-star players ruining match balance. I haven't done a review in a long ass time and probably out of touch, so don't take this too seriously if you were not name dropped.

Good luck to all teams.
    Last edited by Turban; 07-15-2024, 04:03 PM.

Good reviews and analysis Turban! With my team having the lowest rating, it will be extra satisfying when we upset the higher graded teams and the title will be even sweeter should we snatch it!

I have added "notable middle-star javelin player" - turban, in my e-mail work signature. Thank you for the kind words. <3
    absurd> havnt seen ekko miss in 20 mins;\

- "notable middle-star javelin player" - turban

- Jav Cup 2024 Winner

- Terr of the Week - week of Nov 12th, 2023, week of Dec 3rd, 2023 & week of Dec 10th, 2023

Comment

This is a really thoughtful and smart write up. I actually read parts about other players/teams instead of Find:Cape.

The toxic, joking making write ups are also fun in its own way, but this was refreshing. Well done.

Comment

Working...
      X