Amateur TWL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amateur TWL

I'm pretty sure a few other zones have amateur, intermediate, and pro leagues (i know dsb does and i haven't really looked beyond that :P). This has most likely been a topic of discussion of TW in the past, but I haven't seen it talked about recently so I was wondering what people thought.

I thought maybe, whatever the field is for TWL now, simply double it and split it into two leagues, the top half and the bottom half (ranked). Of course I don't expect anything to be done now or for the next few seasons, but there will come a time when there are enough players and staff in the zone to make TWL appeal to a larger audience (and that time may even be now, with all the discussion about giving new players a chance). I can't think of any other mathematical ways of separating a AMTWL from a PROTWL, so if you have ideas that's cool.

Also a big thing is squads that get into AML, who are good enough for PROTWL, just to win AML. I personally thought that well, "what is the point of winning AML if you're good enough for PROL? What would the other squads think of you? You'd get no respect, blah, blah..." And i thought that would be enough to stand on it's own to keep PROL squads out of TWL. And it probably isn't even enough - There league coordinators could split the AML/PROL at a point that most evens the playing field: obviously, some quality control will be needed. Like restricting PROL players from joining AML squads once they get into PROL or something I dunno.

I know that even running TWL as it is is a ton of work, and I've not begun to list the problems that could arise, but when TW gets popular enough, do any of you conceive of there being an AML in the future?

Haha, still trying to put your picture and your online persona together

W/E that's off topic... umm, yah copying the style of the other leagues seems like a good idea... but there would have to be lots and lots of guidelines... like who makes it into this league, where they stand rank wise... etc etc. Like you said however, something like this couldn't and won't be implimented in this season... and probably not next.

Comment

Amateur TWL is TWD.
      Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Problem with separating the leagues is that there aren't enough competitive squads currently, and with them separated, upsets won't happen, and that's not fun. Plus, if you can't beat the best, what's the good of winning the dueling award for amateur league. It's almost closing a blind eye on things, sort to say.
        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
        Failure teaches success.
        . â–²
        ▲ ▲

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
          Amateur TWL is TWD.

and I don't think we have enough squads for something inbetween TWL and TWD
          DELETED

Comment

TWL has more squads who die after 1 season of TWL. They are made for 1 season and nothing more. Other zones have squads who been around for years and/or are planning to. A few squad deaths here and there wouldnt hurt, but the way we do it we have av 3-5 squads dying after 1 TWL. It'd be way to hard to be constnatly having to replace squads in each thing. bc New elite squasd would behaving to play a whole season in amatur league just so they can get the opertunity to make pro league the next season. If we were to do this it'd be much better to go back to the Tier system with upper/lower tiers where those "elite" squasd can go through the bottom sytem to the top ina matter of weeks.
            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

it is partly because of the style of play and that TWL's don't occur on a regular short type of intervals.

Comment

Check out Chaos Zone Premier League, I'm sure alot of you have already, but I think it has the best league system out of all the SS zones.

http://premier.shanky.com/rules.html

Trench Wars has some of the best ship settings (good playability).

Combine the both, and you have one good league system.

I recently posted afew messages in the TWD forums regarding the possible future change to reform the TWL/TWD system.

Yes, of course this season is untouched, but I'm talking about some of us doing something by the time TWL season ends.

Alot of players seem to be upset with the way things are organized now, and feel that change needs to be made to improve the overall league atmosphere and system.

I strongly feel that some squads (who have amateur attitude) should not have the luxery to jump right into a pro league.

Only stable squads: with loyal members, excellent skill, pro attitude (non-whiners or non-trashtalkers) should really ever be in a Pro league.

I see 1 fault in Chaos Zone League too, an intermediate squad member should not be allowed to leave his/her intermediate squad and migrate up to a Pro League squad....this encourages squad disloyality/hopping. Also doublesquadders should have a long standing mark on their record, which forbids them to migrate with a squad to a higher league level (Chaos Zone League has something like this).

I personally look into this as of lately, because I see the current TWL/TWD squad scene (attitude) atmosphere declining to a amateur mindset. Yes, I agree the skill level is getting better overall with most squads and players, but I'm talking about match conduct, match challenges/scheduling and not abusing league rules.

I don't think its good for the TW Zone image, when some of the best Professional Squad members disrespect each other or put each other down like a bunch of amateurs. They are suppose to be a role model for the younger squads to aspire to become. I have observed some high profile tw league squads being rather nasty before/after matches to each other; instead you should have mutual respect for each other and take a win or lost as is. Mutual respect should be given to each other, because think about it; many of you have put alot time into these leagues together.

I'm not claiming to be a pro level player; but I'm confident I have a professional attitude, but I'm intermediate level when it comes to warbird dueling.

Also I'm not putting down the TWL creator/designer, it is quite a accomplishment to create such a league system; all I'm saying is lets change with the times, and not stagnate or decay to an unenjoyable league (where the old veterns fade away and are replaced with amateurs).

Its the players that make the league, if both skill and attitude improve, then the league system has done its job correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                  TWL has more squads who die after 1 season of TWL. They are made for 1 season and nothing more. Other zones have squads who been around for years and/or are planning to. A few squad deaths here and there wouldnt hurt, but the way we do it we have av 3-5 squads dying after 1 TWL. It'd be way to hard to be constnatly having to replace squads in each thing. bc New elite squasd would behaving to play a whole season in amatur league just so they can get the opertunity to make pro league the next season. If we were to do this it'd be much better to go back to the Tier system with upper/lower tiers where those "elite" squasd can go through the bottom sytem to the top ina matter of weeks.

if there would be a lower and an upper league, those squads wouldn't last for one season only. you couldn't know, you've never been in one of them
                  jee

Comment

Good point Cig Smoke, thats why I think the Chaos Zone League system is better. Yes, after each TWL season only a few squads carry on from season to season. Many squads break apart and create fragments of New Squads. Some of the establish squads during off-season may fall apart as well as some of their squad mates get bored with the game or they resort to squad hopping to the next 2-4 week winning streak Squad. This encourages a league of very few dedicated squads, and allows players to migrate from squad to squad; and to boot we had a pile of double squadders lurking about as well or aliasers. Talking about aliasers, each 1 League player registration per / IP should only allowed; unless they notify league operators that they have a brother or sister who plays as well with proof.

Blood, even with that Chaos League System, I still think there will always be opportunity for intermediate squads to become Pro level. Since some Pro squads lose squad members and competitiveness as time goes on.

Comment

Working...
                    X