Since you all seem mired in disfunction I'll solve your problems for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
    I believe the answer is yes. The only problem is (I don't know precisely how the bots work) but when the non-partisan referee is using the bot for the game, is it possible that any staff members playing in the game are barred from accessing it?
    You would record who is staff that are playing since you add players. All the bots have the list of staff members because they need to know who can access them so it can be done. All bots can issue commands just as good as any player in TW to the server.

Originally posted by Ver
    What about, I dunno, unspeccable mods?
    You take away their powers and then spec their ass
    Last edited by Force of Nature; 03-11-2004, 07:32 AM.
    Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

Exactly my point. But <ER>s run the games (in theory). They don't have the ability to take away SMod powers.

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
        Exactly my point. But <ER>s run the games (in theory). They don't have the ability to take away SMod powers.
        Did you miss my post where i said bots are sysops?
        Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

I think you guys are missing the point.. don't convince me or TWL to make people use non-staff names (something I support)... convince DocK and the deans of staff and everyone else on upper staff that thinks people should use their normal names. Personally I don't think it's much of an issue (LAST SEASON there were no reports of abuse, I have no information on seasons I wasn't involved in running) either way, but if you think it is... BTW smod powers don't stop you from being spected for lag, at least not in my experience, esp considering how many times 2dragons lagged out for elusive last season.

-Epi
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
            What are you talking about? All you do is ramble.

-Epi
            Dear Epi, a player on your squad blatantly cheated last TWL and all mods and smods refused to spec him even though he had 5000ms. After about a minute and a half of this, Ara, in teamchat for the spec freq said in all caps that the next person to report 2dragons in a help or cheater msg would be banned. Why don't we try to addresse that hmmm? It's still been completly ignored.

Oh, and don't try to say he wasn't cheating - because when he got switched to spider his ping dropped back down to 250 (magically)

EDIT: and it was Elusive, not light - because df took over terring.
            Last edited by Nickname; 03-11-2004, 02:07 PM.
            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
              I think what he means is when a smod is playing and still has his powers he can see a cheater call come in on him, if he is cheating he can stop cheating. Or something along those lines, and when lets say me for example Reports a smod for cheating in TWLB, the smod warns me for abusing help bc its against him. It doesnt sound rite but im sure it has been done.

Im also for the 3 round thing, atleast keep it in playoffs. Having the 1 round during the season gives alot of squads an opertunity to make an upset.
              if a staffer may cheat by using lets say /*shipreset it doesnt matter really All staff command are being locked so its traceable

-hotti
              admit it

I'm hot

twlj champ season 8
              twlb champ season 8 10 11
              twdtj champ season 3

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly
                It was fucking abuse and nothing else. But no, nothing happened. Hooray.

And yes, bring back the best of 3 system.

EDIT: about 2dragons, I was on staff (and therefore on staff chat) during that match, and if I remember correctly some highup staffer (can't remember who) TOLD 2dragons to spec, but 2dragons refused. Fucking homo. Nothing was done anyway.

Mattey was the only person to resign over it (Big Props Mattey)

All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                  Mattey was the only person to resign over it (Big Props Mattey)
                  I disagree, now I'm in no way comending 2dragons for what he did, but giving props to someone that has less tolerance, and leaves because of a couple people, instead of staying and trying to make a difference, isn't someone to give props to. If he left for other reasons, then that's fine, but leaving because of that isn't exactly the right thing to do.

Comment

He'd never get that rule changed by staying, 2D would always have seniority over him. It's a tired argument though, and I won't prolong it.
                    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

This isn't to weight in on whether 2d lagged too much or not (I wasn't there at Light TWLB), but there's a big difference between a person being banned for ?help 2d has 5k ping, and 100 people all spamming the ?help channel with such a message.

It's just like how if people say gg after a twl game, that's ok, but if there's 20 screens of spam of the same people repeating gg over again, it's not uncommon to see a threat of silencing the next person to do it. That has nothing to do with whether saying gg is silencable or not.
                      - k2

Comment

Uh what game are you talking about exactly? 2D lagged out a bunch for Elusive last season... Actually his lagging out a bunch cost us a few games. He wasn't cheating, he was just lagging, and he had the same lag every day. As for this 2000+ number where are you getting that from? Smod powers don't give people immunity from lagging out. If 2d really was cheating he's a horrible cheater, because of his 5-6 lagouts in the semis while we had the flagroom probably helped us lose vs diso.

-Epi

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

Yeah, I thought we resolved the 2dragons thing (and by resolved, I mean, bitched about on forums a lot). As far as staff names go, I'm not all that worried about it except that so many highups being on Spastic worries me.

In other news, I'm going to give Mattey props not because he left staff, but because he is a fucking superb individual. Is that okay?
                          5:gen> man
                          5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Okay, let's ignore the specific case, since people get tangled up in defending/attacking 2d.

There was a rule, at some point, saying that if someone has visible lag, it is the hosts right to spec him. I remember distinctly a bunch of Crips complaining because Kinky specced danyal during a Light vs Crips game. Now, I'm not sure this rule still exists, and I'm too lazy to check. However, if it does, I think the problem is clear. A mod can't be specced by an <ER> (last I heard, anyway). Since <ER>s run the game, this would constitute misuse of powers by the mod, even if it isn't intentional. Unless the bot CAN spec the mod (in which case we give the <ER> a bot command to access this ability) the only way I see is to take mods off their name.

Addressing PUSH's point about requiring staff to play on their name (not in this thread, the old one): I certainly can see the argument for <ER>s, but do we really want higher level staffers who are to lazy to switch names? Hell, most people I know spend so much time ?squadjoined to something other than their squad, they have to log out anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
                              Okay, let's ignore the specific case, since people get tangled up in defending/attacking 2d.

There was a rule, at some point, saying that if someone has visible lag, it is the hosts right to spec him. I remember distinctly a bunch of Crips complaining because Kinky specced danyal during a Light vs Crips game. Now, I'm not sure this rule still exists, and I'm too lazy to check. However, if it does, I think the problem is clear. A mod can't be specced by an <ER> (last I heard, anyway). Since <ER>s run the game, this would constitute misuse of powers by the mod, even if it isn't intentional. Unless the bot CAN spec the mod (in which case we give the <ER> a bot command to access this ability) the only way I see is to take mods off their name.
                              No that rule was removed after Season 5 (Crome's season) because it was much too subjective.

It was replaced by this:

8.12 If a participating player is, in the view of the ref, excessively jittery, blinking in and out, or otherwise showing signs of lagging that might be the result of an attempt to cheat the person will be immediately reported to the upper staff. Further action may be taken in game by upper staff. Suspicion of cheating will be followed up and the consequences will be harsh.

and this was related to it:

8.14 If a player lags out when in a very deadly situation (about to run into a situation that looks to have a small chance of staying alive), then the host ref may assign the player a death. The league coordinators will review the incident and determine if the disconnect was intentional. If it was determined to be intentional further punishment may come to the player.

Addressing PUSH's point about requiring staff to play on their name (not in this thread, the old one): I certainly can see the argument for <ER>s, but do we really want higher level staffers who are to lazy to switch names? Hell, most people I know spend so much time ?squadjoined to something other than their squad, they have to log out anyway.
                              You should talk to PUSH/Pure_Luck about that then... it's their policy.

-Epi

My anime blog:
                              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                                He'd never get that rule changed by staying, 2D would always have seniority over him. It's a tired argument though, and I won't prolong it.

Exactly. At the time mattey was a zh, and 2d was a smod. it'd always be that way.

EDIT: i made 2 posts one.

The issues isn't whether 2ds lag helped or hurt you (although he was at 5000 in terr, and magically 250 in spider - but anyways) but the fact that nothing was done. He refused to spec himself and nobody else could/would (several could have, but choose not too) spec him. Then, to try to shut us up we get a warning that using cheater and help only once in a legitimate fashion has become a bannable offense. Then it's ignored completly by upper staff - or yet again another instance of "Lets ignore somethign important and attempt to sweep it under the rug"
                                Last edited by Nickname; 03-12-2004, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X