Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be a 4 spider max rule in TWLB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was very much against the rule, but I don't care anymore, play whatever you want, make whatever rules you want, let's just start.
    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Well i for one voted for NO spide rlimit on that poll, but the more and more i play now against 5 spiders and being on a squad (when i based with tanked) i played a jav or wb usualy every game. I noticed the big difference in flag room fights and how things like that are affected. It mite not be directly the "besT" lineup anymore with time race but in a way it still is bc in FR fights its so strong. I definatly think the 4 spid limit should be in. ANd like jax said, if it isnt if we can play 5 spiders let us have atleast 1 ship change so if we start with a jav/bird we can change him later on. A squad like Syndicate with great spiders, if they play 5 spiders u'd almsot be silly to use 4 spiders against them. NOl moatter how strong ur spiders are 4 vs 5 will be outmatched.
      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
        Well i for one voted for NO spide rlimit on that poll, but the more and more i play now against 5 spiders and being on a squad (when i based with tanked) i played a jav or wb usualy every game. I noticed the big difference in flag room fights and how things like that are affected. It mite not be directly the "besT" lineup anymore with time race but in a way it still is bc in FR fights its so strong. I definatly think the 4 spid limit should be in. ANd like jax said, if it isnt if we can play 5 spiders let us have atleast 1 ship change so if we start with a jav/bird we can change him later on. A squad like Syndicate with great spiders, if they play 5 spiders u'd almsot be silly to use 4 spiders against them. NOl moatter how strong ur spiders are 4 vs 5 will be outmatched.
        If syndicate's 5 spiders are so damn strong, then they'll still beat you if you use 5 against their 5.
        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I know, what im saying is make it 4 spider limit. It will sure still be an even 4 spid v 4 spid, but just maybe ur basebird/jav will make a difference. SYndicate was only an example but any squad with real strong spiders if htey play 5 and another squad plays 4, its gonna be hard to keep up every game that way. It will be like last season unless some ship changes are allowed. Squad caps will be too afraid to play a jav/wb and 4 spids vs a 5 spider line.
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Hi i'd like all of your input, about 200 of you, i'd like you to post sevearl pages on the topic, so i can completly ignore you and do what i want in a vote where there was a definate majority. Oh the other poll that was 250 big and sepearted by a mere 3 votes, i don't care abotu that one so we'll go with whatever.
            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Don't be bitter because your baseless assumptions didn't come together.
              Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
                Nobody said that the result of the polls would DIRECTLY influence staff decisions. Before you hit the vote button you should have read that they were just getting a feel for what the public wanted and that they were not going to base their decision entirely on the poll.
                Staff is here to serve the general populace, is it not? (im just saying if the majority of the people want something...it should be taken into very serious consideration..)

Comment

TW is not and has never claimed to be a democracy.
                  Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Yeah, I don't think the polls meant anything at all. Probably just put up to look like the TW public has some say on the issue. When it comes down to it, the TWL ops really could change anything they want without needing anyones permission or asking in a poll if they should do it.

Anyway, if you read through the official Season 7 rules, there is absolutely no mention of any kind of ship limit in TWLB. I would assume that it means there will be no limit on spiders.
                    sdg

Comment

There will be no line-up limitations in TWLB, with the exception of our continued ban of the Leviathan and the Terrier/Shark limits.

And those polls were put there to get a general feel for what people would like to see. They are just a poll, not a vote that decides an ammendment. TWL squads should be allowed to have the freedom to run with any line-up they choose. Why should we lower the bar? A TWL squad should be crafty and skilled enough to learn ways to compete with such an obstacle.
                      Last edited by THE PUSHER; 04-24-2004, 01:31 PM.
                      Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Shit, i want to be a leviathan. This system sucks, basing is nothing without a levi.
                        I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

Originally posted by THE PUSHER
                          There will be no line-up limitations in TWLB, with the exception of our continued ban of the Leviathan and the Terrier/Shark limits.

And those polls were put there to get a general feel for what people would like to see. They are just a poll, not a vote that decides an ammendment. TWL squads should be allowed to have the freedom to run with any line-up they choose. Why should we lower the bar? A TWL squad should be crafty and skilled enough to learn ways to compete with such an obstacle.
                          well will there be ?go base lanc? pub cloaker? random damage fixed hope so!
                          www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

Why was there a 4 spider limit in our TWBD earlier today then? This whole reset tehre was no Limit, TWLB ther wont be a limit and then today magicaly we had a limit. Maybe it was something messed up in the bot but either way im confused
                            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by THE PUSHER

sounds like the decision was made before the poll was even put up. why bother then?
                              Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                              Philos> there is something about you
                              Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

exactly Rand, there was no point. I still love how you did what we asked when there was only a 3 man majority, then when we had a 20 man majority and you just ignored it.
                                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                                X