BASING CONFERENCES and 5 spids.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BASING CONFERENCES and 5 spids.

don't you think it should be like baseball where one side national league uses a pitcher and the other side uses a DH?

wouldn't that be cool if one conference was allowed to do 5 spid and the other wasn't?

Doesn't the majority of TW agree that a 5 spiders lineup is the most boring thing to watch?

I think we should ban 5 spids. 5 spids is gay! down with 5 spids!

DOWN WITH 5 spiders!
    There once was a man from Nantucket.

If we wanted to ban homosexuals, you wouldn't be playing Mr. Adman... but seroiusly, I've learned to like 5 spiders after last season. There will always be the people who go for the win and play 5 spiders, more so than the people who just want to have an exciting match.

PS: I have nothing against homosexuals or Adman.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
      PS: I have nothing against homosexuals or Adman.
      I do.... and 5 spids is good

Comment

For the last time, 5 spiders is exciting to some people, it's not just "oh I'm stupid Paul O, I'm going for the win so I'm going to play 5 spiders because I'm stupid and I'm Paul O". I like 5 spiders, a lag rocket and a lucky bullet don't make the match more "fun". Bitches.
        Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

How come noone didn't tried to ban five spiders after TWLB-Cup? Because the Diso-wr game was one of the highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
            For the last time, 5 spiders is exciting to some people, it's not just "oh I'm stupid Paul O, I'm going for the win so I'm going to play 5 spiders because I'm stupid and I'm Paul O". I like 5 spiders, a lag rocket and a lucky bullet don't make the match more "fun". Bitches.
            Hi Mattey, thanks for the uneeded comment. Umm anyways, Spastic won how last season? Did they use a jav? No... I think they used 5 spiders. When Diso lost to Spastic the first time, did they stay with using a jav? No, they switched to 5 spiders. I thought everyone kinda came to the agreement that 5 spiders was indeed the best, and maybe if it's NOT the best, that it should be changed anyways. Only as of late have people thought that a ?go base jav that can get away with lag there can make a difference. I also remember a thread after last season, with almost everyone saying (mostly the caps) that 5 spiders was a boring game, but that they were played because people wanted to win. I can go digging for the threads if you'd like, but I'm only basing MY comments on what I saw and heard from others.

Personally, I don't find 5 spiders fun, I find a jav and/or wb much more fun. It adds a little excitement to the game, without them, it just becomes too technical, it's like taking shrap away from javs and sharks, or full charges away in the greens. 5 spiders is the same thing over and over... and when they get to cram... don't even get me started. Anyways, sorry for insulting YOU Mattey, perhaps I wouldn't have posted my thoughts on this issue if I knew it was going to make someone sad enough to write something out of place.

Comment

That is if they stay in cram Paul, look forward to interesting games.
              -L3

Comment

5v5 spiders is good when you've got two competent teams
                LA

Comment

i like 5 spids
                  Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

it's not the spiders that are the problem, it's the small entrance that makes it extremly laggy. I don't think anybody likes lag.
                    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                      it's not the spiders that are the problem, it's the small entrance that makes it extremly laggy. I don't think anybody likes lag.
                      Its not really the 5 spiders that is the problem. As you've indicated here, its the cram. The cram is boring since the ships just stand in one spot, keep dying and spawn and everything is practically stagnant. Compared to the cram, the flagroom battle with 5 spiders is perfectly fine since the terriers have room to manevoer and more movement around everywhere.
                      Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

Since ppl started to drift off topic, Adman: i actualy like the idea of the 1 confernce having it and 1 not, BUT u'd have to put some good thinking into it. I mean Rite now u cant do it for this season bc its to soon to push in, many squads would disagree with it rite off the bat. You also have to remember the Cross confernce games. What are you gonna do then? I mean IN baseball its the home team that decides it. We wont have that here.

Also on a side note, i'd like to say i agree with mattey to some extent. I would much rather a 5 spid vs 5 spid then a laggy jav rocketing at me. OR DEFINATLY much better then a wb/laggy wb running around. Today we played Mambo and fizzy just wouldnt die IT was very frustrating. U put lag with the fast recharge and u might got a problem. But i must say, when u play someone who u know will play 5 spiders u are bound to play it also (especialy if no ship changes) bc if its a good squad with 5 spiders they are so overwhelming, unless you have someone like PJ/NOCKM in jav.
                        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Basing shouldn't be about "fun," basing should be about "results." I don't think you should implement a restriction, just because some people don't enjoy that particular strategy. 5 Spiders gets the job done -- so why change? Oh yeah, because it's not "fun" for some people.

I don't want to see them try and ban teams from using 5 Spiders. Let the team(s) pick their lineup with more freedom.

Thanks.
                          RaCka> how can i get you here
                          death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                          RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                          death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

and again we are having the same discussion as we did last week
                            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

im with drow, the game will evolve if u let it, we lined, we crammed, lets see wat next.

let people use the strategy that wins, and let losers make up one that beats it.
                              There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

Working...
                              X